Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @helmesy

Rumour on the Eels League Unlimited forum - we’ve apparently upped our offer to Moses to $1.5 million!

that is ridiculous if true 

Sounds to me like Parra fans getting nervous and trying to establish a narrative that Tigers offered crazy money and thats why he left. Pretty standard.

851, Russtutty63, Tigerlily and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @yeti

Yeah, 1.5 if true, is waaaaay overs.

I have no problem if it is 1.5m as there will be a TPA in place for some of it. 

Might be 1.25m for cap and 250k TPA - Just like Rooster, storm do for every player so it's about time we joined the cheats if true. 

I still think it's not happening but would be stocked if we pulled it off. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @hsvjones

Might be 1.25m for cap and 250k TPA - Just like Rooster, storm do for every player so it's about time we joined the cheats if true. 

A four year deal for a 28 year old at $1.5 million a season is going to be very hard to turn down.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @hsvjones

A four year deal for a 28 year old at $1.5 million a season is going to be very hard to turn down.

Agree but 7 is the most important position in the team and if we can get him that fixes a lot of areas for us like Kicking in general play, Goal kicking and also is a massive help with recruiting.   IMO Brooks is NOT a 7 and much better been a running 6.

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@hsvjones if we get Moses as a 7 then also no need to keep Doueihi post 2024 at centre for goal kicking as Moses can handle that. 

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

The money is there to spend and I'd rather spend it on a key player in a key position that will hopefully attract others but also significantly improve our game.

Much better approach than buying a couple more middle of the road players on overs.

Top 8 2023

851, Tiger5150, hsvjones and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Big offer.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry 1.5 million with some TPA is not that bad really, probably 250k on a TPA ?

Black Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

A member on the Parra Eels forum (not League unlimited) says he’s signed with us after we upped our offer. We’re breaking the bank but I think he could be coming our way.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If true and if you believe reports we are now offering Moses 400k a year more than the Eels.

Surely at 28 you don’t turn that down.

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @frullens

The money is there to spend and I'd rather spend it on a key player in a key position that will hopefully attract others but also significantly improve our game.

Much better approach than buying a couple more middle of the road players on overs.

1000% this. We are going to have value trades come through our junior pipeline. They need to come into a successful team so they know what winning means 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@hsvjones if we get Moses as a 7 then also no need to keep Doueihi post 2024 at centre for goal kicking as Moses can handle that. 

douhie seemed right with Hastings. He’d be better off going to the Knights to partner Hastings and let ponga play 1

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@helmesy I very much doubt that 1.5 mill is true but I think it’s very likely Moses will end up with a very substantial pay-day whoever gets him. Before the salary cap increase most of us would probably have thought 1 mill a season ok because of our circumstances. Now with an increase in the cap there’s no doubt Moses will receive greater offers than the 1 mill a season. What is he worth? We’ll, that’s determined by market forces and right now there are clubs wanting a top class half when only one is available, supply & demand.
I also thought some time ago that if this club wants to give Benji every chance to succeed then they must do all they can to get who he believes will help that cause. I dare say he believes Moses is a crucial part of the process. Now, he obviously has to have a plan B in mind but if Benji doesn’t end up having a top class half when he takes over his chances of success will obviously diminish.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @frullens

1000% this. We are going to have value trades come through our junior pipeline. They need to come into a successful team so they know what winning means 

Yep, that’s spot on. Got to get up there and then things fall so much easier into place.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Big offer.

fortune favours the brave

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 424 / 1067