its in favourites

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Sounds a bit vague

D5B4B7A1 47C8 4068 857F FBDA59A5731B

Yep pretty much a copy and paste of what’s already been mentioned and talked about on WTs forums.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

I don't get the argument - that because fans can't influence the board - there's no point discussing it.

We can't influence team selection, recruitment, coaching staff, game plans either.

If we only can discuss things about the club that fans can influence, it would be pretty boring on  the forum and podcast.

I'd argue a lot of the recent changes the club are making, have been a result of fans expressing their views to the club. Even though we have no direct mechanism for input in decision making 

We can talk about it until the cows come home but I don’t think it will make any difference to the board set-up. I agree though that we as fans have been able to pressure people lower down to make some changes.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Parramatta Eels website, photos from training, interesting no photos of Mitchell Moses

They had new recruits hopgood, Mitch rein and the like about 10 photos in total 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@frullens they’re basically the same age as me , love the game but see it for what it is , a little jaded , but not too much , and see the ridiculousness of how footy nrl,ARL,NSWRL ,QRL whatever , are so driven by self interest , yet somehow the game can manage a siege at any times . Also I was really , really into the super league war when I was in high school and so much of what they talk about just triggers so many memories and familiar feelings at the time . 

No disrespect Helmsley , but it’s the best RL podcast out there and it’s not even close. I’d go so far as to say it should be turned into a Netflix series , it’s absolutely compelling . Eg. I absolutely hated Arko as a kid , and I can’t believe how much of a gentleman and leader he was . Despite his nepotism . 
Or how my reasons for disliking the dogs , and how untrustworthy I found that club , wasn’t just my extreme bias , but am actual culture created by bullfrog . Which is still in place to this day . Or how Mathew Ridge , who I loved as a kid , was an absolute wanker and a walking blow torch to any club . Yet somehow he was kept in line by bozo . Or how  intelligent Paul Harrigan is , a true leader . And finally how John Ribot who I thought was the devil ………. Was he the good guy ? Was he actually right ?

And finally I always thought it was just a silly war over a silly game at the bottom of the world , but in fact it shaped the way the world or at least the old commonwealth , consumed sports . And also was ground work laid for the shape of Murdoch media and the way they do business . The repercussions from it , are immeasurable . SeriousLy over a sport that at the time had games like norths vs Balmain at north Sydney oval ain front of 3000 People . Anyways sorry for ranting . If you haven’t listened to it . Then treat yourself . 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@jedi-tiger would he be due back yet. He’d still be due a couple of weeks leave after the World Cup. Think after the years he plays he needs 8 weeks off as per the RLPA

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger would he be due back yet. He’d still be due a couple of weeks leave after the World Cup. Think after the years he plays he needs 8 weeks off as per the RLPA

Papi is back and he played in the World Cup semi 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Our WC guys are all back so I would assume he'd be the same. 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @cqtiger

Query 

every time I log on it ALWAYS starts me on page 220

how can I fix this?

Not sure how you fix it but i know the problem.

You are a tigers fan...

the rest of the world turned over to 2023 but concord is trying to turn it back to 2005...

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

A bit concerned about the halves. I don't think Moses is coming in 2024, let alone immediately. Just listened to Bloke in a bar and apparently our only real halves cover is Laurie. I know he has been training there a bit but surely that is more as a 5/8.

So we have a halfback who is usually better as a 5/8 and then a 5/8 who is a better centre...and the cover for both of them is a fullback that is having a go at 5/8 in case the winger is a better fullback. 

To me, having our better/crucial/possible captain players not being able to lock down a position is the biggest problem with the Tigers. 

851 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cqtiger

@garry 

its in favourites

Can you post or pm me the link in your favourites?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Parramatta Eels website, photos from training, interesting no photos of Mitchell Moses

They had new recruits hopgood, Mitch rein and the like about 10 photos in total 

Not getting my hopes up but I find it extremely hard to believe that if he was staying the club would have announced it by now and made a massive media deal about it.  

I think THE POM said his manager would advise this week of his decision, so fingers crossed 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

And finally I always thought it was just a silly war over a silly game at the bottom of the world , but in fact it shaped the way the world or at least the old commonwealth , consumed sports . And also was ground work laid for the shape of Murdoch media and the way they do business . The repercussions from it , are immeasurable . SeriousLy over a sport that at the time had games like norths vs Balmain at north Sydney oval ain front of 3000 People . Anyways sorry for ranting . If you haven’t listened to it . Then treat yourself . 

This part IMO you have 180degrees wrong. The SL war didnt shape the way the world consumed sports or the shape of Murdoch media, it is the other way around. The SL war happened because of the changing shape of the way sport was consumed and the way news did business. News Ltd knew what was coming but the public didnt.

In 96 I was finishing a Business management course and we watched a News Limited internal training video that had been made something like 5-10 years before. This internal video (pre internet, pre pay TV in Aus) explained that News Ltd main focus was that all household entertainment would be funnelled through a single conduit like a funnel into a pipe and that everything would be done this way including entertainment, shopping and work. News ltd has two strategies. Firstly to own the pipe by which everything got into the household and their second strategy then was to own the sources of content to feed through the pipe. They were talking about the internet, internet shopping and Pay TV years before I could even get my head around it. all of us in the course thought it was some sci fi fantasy but of course this was just as Fox v Optus was kicking off.

News had already planned how people would consume sport and all their entertainment and had already mapped out the business model. RL was just the most direct and vulnerable method they could find to force people into buying both their "pipe/conduit (Foxtel)" and their content. RL/SL didnt change News or teh way sport is consumed. News Ltd and their strategy changed RL forever (in some ways for the better).

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@lestronge any of the stories that feature Mathew Ridge are hilarious 😂 

Seriously it's the most researched peice of rugby league content out there. Really needs to be turned into a TV show.

The guys are about 2 or 3 years older than me, and at that time it made a big difference. So while I followed it all as detailed as I could, it's been great to fill in the gaps that a 12-13 year old missed.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@tiger5150 no disagree entirely mate in all due respect . Whilst that may have been the plan , the SL war laid a base and and trial by fire , on what would eventually shape the way we view . That’s  what I’m saying .
Of course Murdoch had the plan but the execution of it , all started with SL . I mean even the way it shaped rugby internationally . The fact it was a driving force for the speeding up of that game moving into professionalism , and that super rugby was just a by product of their inability to get RL at the time frame they wanted is insane to me .

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 421 / 1067
Share: