Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @lestronge

@helmesy this I don’t get ? Like it’s such an easy win by adding 2 members who have an administration background/ executive background from a club , or highly intelligent former players / coaches / support staff . I really don’t understand why we have a faded rock star and a bunch of guys who have just worked their way up through the leagues club . At least 2 of them being tapped on the shoulder surely would go a long way to present at the very least a facade of regeneration on the board . 

Ultimately though the board won’t vote in such a way that it goes against their own individual self interest. It’s a bit of a waste of time discussing it.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

Query 

every time I log on it ALWAYS starts me on page 220

how can I fix this?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy yep !  Like the RL digest podcast joked about continuously . There’s nothing more rugby league than a board member or executive doing everything they can to hold onto even the smallest amount of power . 

Some of those Blake’s have to be pushing 70 as well . Crazy to me …anyways , have we signed the prodigal yet ? 

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @cqtiger

Query 

every time I log on it ALWAYS starts me on page 220

how can I fix this?

It bumps you to where you last were I believe.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @lestronge

@helmesy yep !  Like the RL digest podcast joked about continuously . There’s nothing more rugby league than a board member or executive doing everything they can to hold onto even the smallest amount of power . 

Some of those Blake’s have to be pushing 70 as well . Crazy to me …anyways , have we signed the prodigal yet ? 

He’s still up the mountain carving his tablets.

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

@helmesy 

so how come I put up a post and it still starts me on page 220 when I come back on?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cqtiger

@helmesy 

so how come I put up a post and it still starts me on page 220 when I come back on?

Because Queensland is 200 pages behind :p 

Do you use a link/ favourite to access the site?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger_Alex, 851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @southerntiger

Posted by: @jirskyr

Posted by: @russtutty63

@davey-farrell Yes, that was the end for me in regards to listening to their podcast. I’m not into wanting to listen to just one side of the story and they were hell bent on presenting that one side only. I can understand criticism but it needs to be balanced, if it isn’t it can do more harm than good.

I listened the the podcast once a few years (?) ago when they had a former sponsor on, who basically gave a diatribe of what the club did wrong etc. etc. And you find out that this guest was in fact some bit-part sponsor in the days of Grant Meyer, i.e. several years before any of the current management or coach were even involved. And he was banging on about finding deals for Tedesco, who at that stage had barely played 1 year of first grade. 

It ended up just sounding like some bitter supporter who tipped some money into the club and expected the club to act on to his feedback, because he had experience managing his Dad's fruit company (or something like that). And I recall the background of that former sponsor was not clearly conveyed, so they were attempting to give it serious weight in the podcast, and the guy had never even worked with Pascoe who didn't join until a few years later.

Overall a very negative, one-sided and sad account of an old past and I decided I would not listen to that podcast again. I haven't heard much positive about them since.

Yes I remember that episode. It was awful and both Josh and Rob built it up like it was some great inside scoop.

It completely destroyed their credibility and, like you, I stopped listening as a result. 

Both Josh and Rob, while probably nice blokes, come across as know it alls on the show. Too bitter for me.

Josh I think comes to the Ambush events, but I didn't originally know who he was and I haven't spoken to him before. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Burton has re-signed with the dogs long term, so they're probably out on Moses. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Burton has re-signed with the dogs long term, so they're probably out on Moses. 

They still need a half but with Crichton seemingly coming over I don’t know how they could entertain a million plus for Moses.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@davey-farrell Yes, that was the end for me in regards to listening to their podcast. I’m not into wanting to listen to just one side of the story and they were hell bent on presenting that one side only. I can understand criticism but it needs to be balanced, if it isn’t it can do more harm than good.

I listened the the podcast once a few years (?) ago when they had a former sponsor on, who basically gave a diatribe of what the club did wrong etc. etc. And you find out that this guest was in fact some bit-part sponsor in the days of Grant Meyer, i.e. several years before any of the current management or coach were even involved. And he was banging on about finding deals for Tedesco, who at that stage had barely played 1 year of first grade. 

It ended up just sounding like some bitter supporter who tipped some money into the club and expected the club to act on to his feedback, because he had experience managing his Dad's fruit company (or something like that). And I recall the background of that former sponsor was not clearly conveyed, so they were attempting to give it serious weight in the podcast, and the guy had never even worked with Pascoe who didn't join until a few years later.

Overall a very negative, one-sided and sad account of an old past and I decided I would not listen to that podcast again. I haven't heard much positive about them since.

Yes I remember that episode. It was awful and both Josh and Rob built it up like it was some great inside scoop.

It completely destroyed their credibility and, like you, I stopped listening as a result. 

Both Josh and Rob, while probably nice blokes, come across as know it alls on the show. Too bitter for me.

Josh I think comes to the Ambush events, but I didn't originally know who he was and I haven't spoken to him before. 

Josh and Shayne have both been at Ambush events, we had Josh on the panel at one event as well.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@lestronge great to hear you're a RL digest listener 

Love those guys

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Sounds a bit vague

D5B4B7A1 47C8 4068 857F FBDA59A5731B

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

Josh and Shayne have both been at Ambush events, we had Josh on the panel at one event as well.

good on them for putting time and energy into creating fan content for the Tigers. Hopefully improved performance on the field brings everyone’s stress levels down.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I don't get the argument - that because fans can't influence the board - there's no point discussing it.

We can't influence team selection, recruitment, coaching staff, game plans either.

If we only can discuss things about the club that fans can influence, it would be pretty boring on  the forum and podcast.

I'd argue a lot of the recent changes the club are making, have been a result of fans expressing their views to the club. Even though we have no direct mechanism for input in decision making 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Page 420 / 1067
Share: