(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @garry

I'm not sure who to get, but we have a major problem with our forward pack. I still think Woods would add value to the squad but would take any decent middle at this point. Outside of Joe O they've been poor all season - Musgrove has no place in first grade.

I really think our pack is unbalanced and needs a high impact middle forward and woods doesn't add that so I would prefer to look elsewhere.

I don’t think our pack is necessarily unbalanced, they’re just hopeless. Stef is the only one imo who would create any interest in the open market.

Stef, Pole, Joffa......the rest are fillers

Hard to argue with that.

Agree. We’ve been inundated with plodders again!

We still have Twal, Blore,Talau and I wouldn’t be entirely dismissive of Musgrove.Papali’i and Api can’t hurt the future equation so it’s not all gloom and doom as we also have something of a war chest.We’re probably looking at the most injury-ravaged lineup in our history atm,so it’s no coincidence that we cop our greatest historical hiding by the Roosters as hard as it was to bear.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I'm not sure who to get, but we have a major problem with our forward pack. I still think Woods would add value to the squad but would take any decent middle at this point. Outside of Joe O they've been poor all season - Musgrove has no place in first grade.

I really think our pack is unbalanced and needs a high impact middle forward and woods doesn't add that so I would prefer to look elsewhere.

I don’t think our pack is necessarily unbalanced, they’re just hopeless. Stef is the only one imo who would create any interest in the open market.

Hard to argue with that.

We still have Twal, Blore,Talau and I wouldn’t be entirely dismissive of Musgrove.Papali’i and Api can’t hurt the future equation so it’s not all gloom and doom as we also have something of a war chest.We’re probably looking at the most injury-ravaged lineup in our history atm,so it’s no coincidence that we cop our greatest historical hiding by the Roosters as hard as it was to bear.

I'm very dismissive of Musgrove, but our pack is starting to build. Stef, Api, Joffa, Twal, Pole, Papali'i and Blore are all players I am happy to move forward with, I would like a high impact middle forward and an experienced backrower to add to the squad though.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Hard to argue with that.

I'm very dismissive of Musgrove, but our pack is starting to build. Stef, Api, Joffa, Twal, Pole, Papali'i and Blore are all players I am happy to move forward with, I would like a high impact middle forward and an experienced backrower to add to the squad though.

Musgrove is the pits - shouldn't be anywhere near the 17. I'll get flamed for this but I think we can do better than Twal. He's a great defender but i've never seen him bend the line once. Joffa is a really good honest player but I think he's a bench player if we're being serious.

I have no confidence in Blore ever being healthy but I hope I am wrong. 

If we're looking at round 1 I think this is who we have as guaranteed starters in the forwards:

8. Stef

9. Api

10. ?

11. Ice

12. ?

13. ?

Sheens better pull his finger out because there is a lot that needs to be done and we are running out of time.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Hard to argue with that.

Musgrove is the pits - shouldn't be anywhere near the 17. I'll get flamed for this but I think we can do better than Twal. He's a great defender but i've never seen him bend the line once. Joffa is a really good honest player but I think he's a bench player if we're being serious.

I have no confidence in Blore ever being healthy but I hope I am wrong. 

If we're looking at round 1 I think this is who we have as guaranteed starters in the forwards:

8. Stef

9. Api

10. ?

11. Ice

12. ?

13. ?

Sheens better pull his finger out because there is a lot that needs to be done and we are running out of time.

Yeah, I can't agree with you on Twal and Blore. Twal was actually running with some intensity earlier this year and it made a big difference to our game. He also tightens up our middle and this has been missed massively since he was injured. Blore I think is going to be a great player and expect a big year from him next season.

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

Someone on the other forum is reporting Katoni Kautoga has signed with the dogs for next year. Imo he is the most damaging forward we have in our juniors that is almost ready for first grade. Devastating if true. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@wiz it is a rumour from the kennel so I am not worrying about it yet.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@garry I have always liked Blore, but he's been with us for 3 seasons and played 18 games. There are serious concerns about his durability.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wiz

Someone on the other forum is reporting Katoni Kautoga has signed with the dogs for next year. Imo he is the most damaging forward we have in our juniors that is almost ready for first grade. Devastating if true. 

Is on a development contract next year, 100% at the club, confirmed by the pom

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@avocadoontoast happens with young players sometimes.

ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@garry saw that. Thank goodnesses. Let’s hope for an impressive debut this weekend.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@garry Benji,prime example.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

If Hastings signs away, any thoughts on Hunt? He’s getting on but I would love his maturity and ability to withstand pressure. I wonder if st George will join the race for Hastings given things are looking unclear with hunts contract extension. Hastings was a st George junior and still lives down that was with family I believe. Api and hunt would really put some leadership in our spine, something we have lacked for a long long time

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If Hastings signs away, any thoughts on Hunt? He’s getting on but I would love his maturity and ability to withstand pressure. I wonder if st George will join the race for Hastings given things are looking unclear with hunts contract extension. Hastings was a st George junior and still lives down that was with family I believe. Api and hunt would really put some leadership in our spine, something we have lacked for a long long time

I'd still be looking at Hunt even if we sign Hastings.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I'd still be looking at Hunt even if we sign Hastings.

I don’t mind Hastings at 13 but I’m not sure he will want to play there. He just broke his ankle taking a hit up. If he was smart he would just sign with the one of several clubs who need a game managing 7

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Tevita Pangai Jr is on the outer at the Bulldogs then we should be all over it especially if the Dogs are chipping in for his salary.

About time one of these situations worked in our favour.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 187 / 1067
Share: