Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @helmesy

I would expect that a Bateman departure would create a spot for Rudolph.

Could be interesting week ahead, though we’ve been teased a lot in recent times with possible trades that haven’t come to anything.

Bateman's departure won't create a space for Rudolf.

Well, based on what we know at present. 

Brandon Tumeth has a player option so that puts us at 31 players.

Yes, but there may be others that have been dropped at the bus stop.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I know a lot of these mistakes were made by the previous admin, and we will still have issues with some of their poor decisions for the next couple of years.

I am just pointing out throwing out we are development club doesn't justify some of the decisions we have made around our top 30 squad. Our roster is in a terrible spot and it is going to take Richo time to fix.

Makes you wonder why we signed AD for next season when we were in desperate need for middles and next to no roster spots. Really stupid decision and that’s on Benji and Richo.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I know a lot of these mistakes were made by the previous admin, and we will still have issues with some of their poor decisions for the next couple of years.

I am just pointing out throwing out we are development club doesn't justify some of the decisions we have made around our top 30 squad. Our roster is in a terrible spot and it is going to take Richo time to fix.

Makes you wonder why we signed AD for next season when we were in desperate need for middles and next to no roster spots. Really stupid decision and that’s on Benji and Richo.

The toa, twal, Olam, ad and Sullivan signing ls are terrible signings. 

I do understand why the Sullivan signing was made though.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

The toa, twal, Olam, ad and Sullivan signing ls are terrible signings. 

I do understand why the Sullivan signing was made though.

The To’a and Twal ones were the worst. Whoever made those decisions should be thrown in prison.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

“We’re delighted to lock in a new long-term deal with Alex and his family,” said Pascoe.

“This new contract will see Alex join a select group of players to play for a decade or more at Wests Tigers. That speaks volumes.”

oct 2023

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

“We’re delighted to lock in a new long-term deal with Alex and his family,” said Pascoe.

“This new contract will see Alex join a select group of players to play for a decade or more at Wests Tigers. That speaks volumes.”

oct 2023

Send Pascoe to the Gulag

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

oct 2023

Send Pascoe to the Gulag

And those who oversaw his reign of terror

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

If we do lose Pole to say storm in 2026 perhaps club can look at an unhappy Faalogo for a release. 

Could Bula play centre and Faalogo to fullback ? 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Doueihi's signing was the worst as he had not even set foot on the field coming if an injury to sign a 1 year extension, stupid stupid signing and waste of a spot

As others have said Sullivan is a shocker for the money and length but at the time we had no halves signed so kind of get it. 

Has Staines been told he can look elsewhere ?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Doueihi's signing was the worst as he had not even set foot on the field coming if an injury to sign a 1 year extension, stupid stupid signing and waste of a spot

As others have said Sullivan is a shocker for the money and length but at the time we had no halves signed so kind of get it. 

Yes, was mentioned in the Bateman article that Staines can look at other options.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Eddie and the boys on the latest pod have me wanting Gutherson now 😂

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I would be very happy with king Gutho

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

To’a and Twal were worse than AD. They weren’t off contract, their contracts were longer and they contribute the same as AD ie nothing.

This post was modified 10 hours ago by Avo

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

They make me want him even less and that was very little before. We have one of the best young fullbacks in the game and we want to push him out for aging Gutho who his own club don't even want despite him being their Captain 

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am going to speculate here based only on a few recent events

OCTOBER 13 - Adam Blair (long time Isaac Moses client) is put in charge of pathways at Newcastle

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/8790234/adam-blair-joins-newcastle-knights-in-pathways-role/

OCTOBER 14 - Kai Pearce Paul (managed by Sam Ayoub) announces he is hitting the market

https://www.zerotackle.com/top-five-landing-spots-for-kai-pearce-paul-in-2026-215305/

OCTOBER 17 - Richo calls out John Bateman and says he needs to make a call on his future

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wests-tigers-ceo-sends-john-bateman-stern-message-ahead-of-nrl-return-98256/

I think Richo is going to use the Bateman money on KPP if he can. Ayoub and Richo are tight. Ayoub wants his players out of Newcastle because the club is getting to close with Isaac Moses.

At the very least, WT would be able to find space for this player for 2026 when contract spots and cap space open up.

888 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1089 / 1090
Share: