Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

some rumours are now saying we are in the mix for Toby Rudolph (signed until 2026 at sharks however)

Boonboon and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

some rumours are now saying we are in the mix for Toby Rudolph (signed until 2026 at sharks however)

yuck

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Rudolph for two years, take Sullivan off us Sharks in return and we get out of a three year deal there.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Rudolph gives me Aaron Woods vibes, the post Wests Tigers Woods that is.

No thanks from me

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

received 883958386600386

Isn't Madge content with the amount of destruction he did to this club when he coached us? Hasn't he punished us enough?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Rudolph for two years, take Sullivan off us Sharks in return and we get out of a three year deal there.

I think Rudolf is below average but our current middles (ex Pole) shouldn't be playing first grade. Beggars can't be choosers. We need to upgrade any way we can, even if they are not massive upgrades.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I think Rudolf is below average but our current middles (ex Pole) shouldn't be playing first grade. Beggars can't be choosers. We need to upgrade any way we can, even if they are not massive upgrades.

Agree

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I think we need to be really careful here and it is a difficult balancing act. Rudolph would be an upgrade for next season but we need better, I don't want to sell our spots for 26 on guys that aren't right to just get through next year.

I guarantee you that we have jnrs automatically upgrading to top 30 spots in 26, so we need to be careful at signing a guy for next year and being stuck with them in 26. We need to be hitting hard come Nov 1.

I hate to say it but I would actually consider Lodge for next year as we could hopefully get him on a one year deal and it would allow us to target the forward leader we need for 2026.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@garry I would sign Lodge in a heartbeat. He's exactly who we need.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Rudolph is probably the worst Cronulla prop. I get that we have been stuffed by the stef contract but I am petrified we are going to be going backwards in our forward pack in 2025 when we desperately need progression given our backline is locked down 

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

For those not aware - Shane Richardson's son manages Toby Rudolf.

https://enrichd.com.au/services/enrichd-sports-management/

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Rudolph is probably the worst Cronulla prop. I get that we have been stuffed by the stef contract but I am petrified we are going to be going backwards in our forward pack in 2025 when we desperately need progression given our backline is locked down 

The issue is, what do we do? We pulled out of the race for AFB because apparently our forward pack was strong and subsequently neglected signing any forward for 2025. Now we're left in a position where we only have 1 middle forward who's really nrl quality. We are no chance to sign anyone decent for next year, so we need to upgrade as much as we can. Rudolf isn't great at all, but he's better than what we've got. It's quite simple - if we don't sign another 2 middles in the next two months, we're a good chance of getting the spoon again, definitely bottom 4. The ramifications of that will be major - Galvin will move on.

So, we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade our pack so we're not bottom dwellers again. If week 1 we run out with Twal, Klemmer and Seyfarth all in the 17, it's all over.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast Lodge is managed by Isaac Moses so its highly unlikely he would join WT.

We signed a lot of Moses clients under Sheenius and Warren McDonnell but they have since departed and so have the Moses players

https://www.instagram.com/coveagency/?hl=en

I'd expect Sukkar, Faagutu, Bateman, Klemmer and Galvin to be moving on from the club in the next 12-24 months.

Moses moves his players to clubs where he has a coach as a client.

As for Lodge, his father in law is Peter O'Sullivan (former dolphins now knights recruitment manager) so there is a decent chance he ends up at Newcastle if he does leave Manly.

Lodge played well in the finals I will give you that.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The issue is, what do we do? We pulled out of the race for AFB because apparently our forward pack was strong and subsequently neglected signing any forward for 2025. Now we're left in a position where we only have 1 middle forward who's really nrl quality. We are no chance to sign anyone decent for next year, so we need to upgrade as much as we can. Rudolf isn't great at all, but he's better than what we've got. It's quite simple - if we don't sign another 2 middles in the next two months, we're a good chance of getting the spoon again, definitely bottom 4. The ramifications of that will be major - Galvin will move on.

So, we need to do whatever it takes to upgrade our pack so we're not bottom dwellers again. If week 1 we run out with Twal, Klemmer and Seyfarth all in the 17, it's all over.

The trouble at the moment is roster spots or lack thereof. Once the list of players departing is announced at the awards night then there will be roster movement.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mickb

The trouble at the moment is roster spots or lack thereof. Once the list of players departing is announced at the awards night then there will be roster movement.

100%, we need to know what departures we have (if any!)

ReplyQuote
Page 1068 / 1073
Share: