Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @russtutty63

No news this afternoon which makes me think either they’ll announce signing(s) (extensions) at the game tomorrow or their waiting for teams to play tonight to announce afterwards, tomorrow morning or this evening, out of respect to other club & player. 

I was just thinking maybe we have Walker, that's why nothing announced today.

If we don't announce anything tomorrow then we have yet another example of the club disgracefully taking the piss out of fans. Why even put that line at the end of the Skelton announcement? They know everyone would think EOB Friday would be the deadline. 

If nothing is announced tomorrow then that 2 clear examples of them playing with fans emotions. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’d be happpt with walker. I’m really keen to have permanent lock for the first time in what feels like a decade

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Ok hear me out- Latrell at centre

Latrell best centre in the comp yes please

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I’d be happpt with walker. I’m really keen to have permanent lock for the first time in what feels like a decade

I watched him last night & didn’t offer a great deal. And we do have Sione who could really develop well in that role. I did see Shaun Lane playing some time in a link role against the Roosters and did ok. He plays 80 mins and can play just as effectively on the edge where he’s probably best. But having watched all the guys last night it’s just reaffirmed my desire to see us chase Jack Williams. He’d be my main target for a middle anyway. Lane & Williams would do me. Might still mean a little light on middles but if a guy like Johannssen can continue to improve, no reason why not, then Williams & Johannssen would give plenty of mobility and enough impact to improve the middle we have now. And would probably still leave approximately $800,000 for upgrades and another signing.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Rumour about that we’re chasing Josh Curran. To that I say “yes please”.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

Can’t see why the Dogs would let him go if he’s under contract, been very good for them. Would like him of course but think there’s nothing in this. But never really can be sure with the way the club has gone about business, could surprise us all. 

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

The club announcing there will be more news in the coming days followed by silence, is a perfect breeding environment for rumours and speculation about possible signings and possibly even Loch Ness sightings??? Oh no that was probably Declan. 

Now would be a great time to follow up a win with a big announcement for 25. Player or coaching staff, either would do.

hsvjones and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

highly doubt we get Curran from dogs, don't know if he is the right player for us anyway 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Still a while to go until next year’s squads are put together but feeling ok about the depth we’ll have already. Twal, Porter, Miller, Johannssen and Kit Laulilii probably all on that $200-300,000 mark will provide cover for middles. Young Bailey Hodges, Jared Haywood, maybe Chris Faagutu & Lachlan Broedorlow also mixing it up in the forwards. Toa, Doueihi, Luke Laulilii, Mason, Saukuru, maybe Latu or Bud will provide some cover in the backs. If Josh Feledy stays as well, still only 20 & if on minimum or close to it not bad. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Still a while to go until next year’s squads are put together but feeling ok about the depth we’ll have already. Looking at a possible Cup squad Twal, Porter, Miller, Johannssen and Kit Laulilii probably all on that $200-300,000 mark will provide cover for middles. Young Bailey Hodges, Jared Haywood, maybe Chris Faagutu & Lachlan Broedorlow also mixing it up in the forwards. Toa, Doueihi, Luke Laulilii, Mason, Saukuru, maybe Latu or Bud will provide some cover in the backs. If Josh Feledy stays as well, still only 20 & if on minimum or close to it not bad. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@russtutty63 maybe the signing of the roosters backrower has changed the need for him at the dogs 🤷

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1. I really think something has to give at the Sharks in terms of the middles they have. They have McInnes playing at 13 & he’s a workhorse but then they have AFB, Hamlin Uele, Hunt, Hazleton, Kaufusi, Rudolph, Williams and Tukupa Ke Hau Tapuha. That’s eight guys who can all play middle. 9 if include McInnes. And there must be close to $4 million on those 9. Williams is off contract, Kaufusi has a mutual option & Hazleton a club option. I’d love to see the Tigers have a crack at Williams & Kaufusi, or Williams & Hazleton, must have the money for both surely. 
This post was modified 1 month ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1. I really think something has to give at the Sharks in terms of the middles they have. They have McInnes playing at 13 & he’s a workhorse but then they have AFB, Hamlin Uele, Hunt, Hazleton, Kaufusi, Rudolph, Williams and Tukupa Ke Hau Tapuha. That’s eight guys who can all play middle. 9 if include McInnes. And there must be close to $4 million on those 9. Williams is off contract, Kaufusi has a mutual option & Hazleton a club option. I’d love to see the Tigers have a crack at Williams & Kaufusi, or Williams & Hazleton, must have the money for both surely. 

Having a guess at the comparisons in terms of cap space on the middles, the Tigers might be this:

Klemmer $800,000

Pole.        $500,000

Twal.         $300,000

Sione.        $350,000

Seyfarth.     $250,000

Johannsen.  $200,000

Miller.          $200,000

Porter.          $200,000

That’s approx $2.5 mill- 2.8 mill.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Having a guess at the comparisons in terms of cap space on the middles, the Tigers might be this:

Klemmer $800,000

Pole.        $500,000

Twal.         $300,000

Sione.        $350,000

Seyfarth.     $250,000

Johannsen.  $200,000

Miller.          $200,000

Porter.          $200,000

That’s approx $2.5 mill- 2.8 mill.

Klemmer has an option after 2025 so taking that into consideration it’d be about $2million on the 7 other middles currently at the club.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I know most of us are thinking Sione as the best option for the 13 moving ahead but it’s interesting that the best 13s in the NRL are generally workhorses, they’ll be great defenders, tightening up the middle, provide some link play & take quite a few carries. Obviously not a great deal on the market in that regard but Williams has been doing a good job at the Sharks at times, playing 45-50 mins. In my opinion Sione & Williams sharing the role would improve the Tigers middle next year. And both do defend well. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1027 / 1059
Share: