[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150 yeh sorry I meant Royce

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 Looks like another Tarzan , can only be judged on his output figures and there not good .This team has enough of these types will Hunt add to the team to go to the next level ..don’t think so !

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Jack Bird another player at the end of his career lining up to receive his Superannuation top up form the largest Super fund in the NRL the  Weststigers Super fund Inc! How anyone can even consider this player he is never on the field , do us as supporters ever want success if so these types of players are a no go ! We have to have higher expectations than old broken down players how about young and dynamic for a change .

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Royce Hunt from Sharks is a prospective big middle forward. He has played for Samoa with Luai so maybe some connection/attraction to come to Tigers there? 

I dont think Royce is the guy we need. Big guy, definitely an impact forward but looks overweight, only averaging 25mins a game and averaging 59m a game, hasnt hit 100m.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Royce Hunt from Sharks is a prospective big middle forward. He has played for Samoa with Luai so maybe some connection/attraction to come to Tigers there? 

I dont think Royce is the guy we need. Big guy, definitely an impact forward but looks overweight, only averaging 25mins a game and averaging 59m a game, hasnt hit 100m.

I tend to agree. With the way the game is going, and you can probably look at the Panthers for this, is hard working, fit, mobile forwards assisted by outside backs who can get sets started. JFH & Leota have impact but also are very mobile & can play good minutes. The Dogs are now implementing a similar game with success. The Roosters have guys who can play good minutes & have good impact, Leniu is best suited to impact off the bench but can play good minutes if asked in 2 stints. Hass has impact but mobile & big minutes, Tino the same. NAS is now being pushed into big minutes. Most clubs now wanting their middles for more productivity, not all but most. Maybe Hunt could play longer minutes but if not then just not sure if we’d get enough of what we need from him to help much. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The Tigers might sign Hunt, no idea at the moment if so but I’d much prefer right now Pole extending as I think he’s a guy who could be in demand if it gets to November without that happening. I’d also prefer us waiting to see what the NAS situation is at the Storm before we sign a prop. Maybe we could look at Williams or Lane in the meantime. Much prefer NAS on $800,000 than Hunt or RCG on $500,000 or $600,000. But can we wait? Or should we wait?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I wonder if Wiremu Greig could be an option. Definitely wouldn’t be a starter but would be half the price of Hunt yet offers something similar in terms of productivity, perhaps a little less impact. But he could provide some depth whilst waiting to see what happens with NAS at the Storm. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

I wonder if Wiremu Greig could be an option. Definitely wouldn’t be a starter but would be half the price of Hunt yet offers something similar in terms of productivity, perhaps a little less impact. But he could provide some depth whilst waiting to see what happens with NAS at the Storm. 

Just thinking about this it is probably not a good idea given he’d take up a spot that is already covered by Johannsen, Miller, Twal etc.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Looks more & more likely 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The question I keep coming up with regarding Hunt is “Would he be value at $550,000-600,000?”  At present he plays approx 25-30 mins a game so if he plays 30 minutes he could be tackling for 15 minutes. It means his impact in the middle could be about 15 minutes a game, is that enough for what you’re paying? 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Just thinking about this it is probably not a good idea given he’d take up a spot that is already covered by Johannsen, Miller, Twal etc.

Its a no for me for Greig. All the problems of Hunt (overweight, short minutes) without the impact. For me Miller is also a bit in that mould, albeit young. The rest of our props, Klem, Twal, Johannson are all that rangy, worker, defender, metre collector mould.

NAS would tick the box.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Its a no for me for Greig. All the problems of Hunt (overweight, short minutes) without the impact. For me Miller is also a bit in that mould, albeit young. The rest of our props, Klem, Twal, Johannson are all that rangy, worker, defender, metre collector mould.

NAS would tick the box.

No the more I thought about the more Greig made no sense. Think either of Williams & Lane could provide value & wait on NAS.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I highly doubt that the Storm will release NAS early but you never know. NAS has been at the Storm a long time & has experienced a lot of success. If he was at that point in his career where he wanted a new challenge then the Tigers could certainly present him with one. He is probably of that age where he would probably have some memories of seeing Benji play for the Tigers. Why not work with a Kiwi legend? I’ve always wondered why most players in a similar position don’t do that. It would say a lot about you to be able to go from a very successful club to a struggling one & help turn them around, maybe win a premiership. Obviously there’s the financial aspect to think of but if you were looking at a challenge that would present a great test of your abilities then why not? I think the mainstream media should commend players for that kind of thinking more instead of being critical of their choice to go from a successful club to a struggling one. Doubt Richo & Benji could pull this one off but it’d be a nice surprise all the same.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Dragons paying $825k x3 for a 29 yo who can't tackle is certainly a choice. 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Dragons paying $825k x3 for a 29 yo who can't tackle is certainly a choice. 

It makes me happy

ReplyQuote
Page 1025 / 1059
Share: