Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Are we now seeing step 1 of Richo's trip to England playing out before us? If Bateman is more successful in SL then he may beg to be released to stay. 

What other surprises are ahead? 

Let's just hope that those who take his place here make it too hard for him to get back into the team if/when he returns. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Bateman js a Moses client isn’t he? I assume the 100k goes to Galvin 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @Anonymous

@helmesy surely we can’t win financially as 1.5 though??

He’s reportedly on $750,000 per year. We have to get that deal off the books asap.

but if the wolves get him for the next two years it won’t be for 750K, more like 450-500 am I right?

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

He’s reportedly on $750,000 per year. We have to get that deal off the books asap.

but if the wolves get him for the next two years it won’t be for 750K, more like 450-500 am I right?

If we need to contribute $300 a year to get rid of him, it's worth it. I'm even more concerned about Klemmer given he's on $800k+, and Twal who is here until end of 27. They are really bad contracts.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If we need to contribute $300 a year to get rid of him, it's worth it. I'm even more concerned about Klemmer given he's on $800k+, and Twal who is here until end of 27. They are really bad contracts.

Twal as your 4th choice front rower is very good. Our problem is he may be our 2nd choice going into next year. Hopefully Sione continues to improve and we can pick up someone else so Twal remains that 4th choice player. 

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Twal as your 4th choice front rower is very good. Our problem is he may be our 2nd choice going into next year. Hopefully Sione continues to improve and we can pick up someone else so Twal remains that 4th choice player. 

I understand why people are fans of Twal given he works his butt off. But I think to give our spine next year (which will be excellent) the time they need, we need forwards who can hit the line hard with impact and play the ball quickly. I don't see Twal as that sort of player. I'm not saying he's a poor player, I just don't think he's the guy we need in the 17. 

I really like Pole but he's the only guy at this stage who excites me as a middle forward. I think Sione Fainu has looked decent too, but he's a work in progress. Bring in three hard running middles and the dynamic of our team changes significantly imo. The only issue is, I have no idea who we could get. I see NAS being talked about a lot but I worry about signing people from Melbourne. Might be worth the risk.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

I understand why people are fans of Twal given he works his butt off. But I think to give our spine next year (which will be excellent) the time they need, we need forwards who can hit the line hard with impact and play the ball quickly. I don't see Twal as that sort of player. I'm not saying he's a poor player, I just don't think he's the guy we need in the 17. 

I really like Pole but he's the only guy at this stage who excites me as a middle forward. I think Sione Fainu has looked decent too, but he's a work in progress. Bring in three hard running middles and the dynamic of our team changes significantly imo. The only issue is, I have no idea who we could get. I see NAS being talked about a lot but I worry about signing people from Melbourne. Might be worth the risk.

RCG runs consistently hard and puts in every week. However I'd only be open to him if it was a replacement for Klemmer.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Happy 1000th page day!

Shout out to everyone in this wonderful and respectful community 

Looking forward to some big recruitment moves in the next 3-4 months to change our club around a d of course keep this thread active 

Top 8 2023

Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes, Garry and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@doug-heffernan I'd be open to anything at this point. If they run hard and tackle hard i'm open.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Im a late convert to Twal and I dont think some people have noticed the recent (last two seasons) improvement in his game. He has added some footwark to his hit ups and IMO he makes valuable metres and PCM over what he did a few years ago. It has always been valid criticism that Twal doesnt have impact when he hits the line but for mine (similar to Pole) Twal has learned NOT to hit the line and rather hit gaps in the line and as a result he is more effective at making metres and importantly faster PTB.

That said, Twal is valuable as 4th prop in the squad and that should be the baseline.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 Statistically he's making less metres than ever (including pcm) and defensively he's missed as many tackles this year as he did all of last season.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

Happy 1000th page day!

Shout out to everyone in this wonderful and respectful community 

Looking forward to some big recruitment moves in the next 3-4 months to change our club around a d of course keep this thread active 

What is achieved in next few months is absolutely vital for team and club.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 Couldn’t agree more on your Twal observations.A pity the concussions have conspired against his continuity,but always of benefit to look beyond the raw statistics which can often deceive and be somewhat misleading.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@tiger5150 Couldn’t agree more on your Twal observations.A pity the concussions have conspired against his continuity,but always of benefit to look beyond the raw statistics which can often deceive and be somewhat misleading.

Why are his stats misleading? I've watched him all year and he's been really poor. Not targeting him solely, outside of Pole all our middles have been terrible.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

Just watched a replay of NRL360 and their first 5 to 10 minutes were all about Bateman, Stef, Ice and Luai. Lots of negative speculation about why players are leaving and what JL must be thinking about coming. The club in general was also under fire. 

We are a media laughing stock.

ReplyQuote
Page 1000 / 1083
Share: