Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Memberships 2024

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Got a typical empathetic and considered response from the club over their inability to keep records.

"

Thank you for your reply.

I am more than happy to update your membership tenure provided you have proof of membership dating to when you were first a member.

Once received I can update your tenure.

Kind regards,

"

Ill just have to go through the credit card statements or useless lanyards that I always keep around for over 12 years.

if you’re missing a few years of evidence I probably have a hat/scarf to help out 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Got a typical empathetic and considered response from the club over their inability to keep records.

"

I am more than happy to update your membership tenure provided you have proof of membership dating to when you were first a member.

Kind regards,

"

Ill just have to go through the credit card statements or useless lanyards that I always keep around for over 12 years.

Their error but the onus is on you to fix it. Just laughable. 

Literally just updated my credit card details for the roll over today. Im fighting every instinct to tell them to shove it but I love the club and I love my seats.

They are literally incompetent from Lee all the way down through Pascoe, coaching, half the players right down to membership staff.

Steves words ringing in my ears...attention to detail.

Im ropable but I know Garry and others have the same (worse) issues for 25years tenure.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

"

Kind regards,

"

Literally just updated my credit card details for the roll over today. Im fighting every instinct to tell them to shove it but I love the club and I love my seats.

They are literally incompetent from Lee all the way down through Pascoe, coaching, half the players right down to membership staff.

Im ropable but I know Garry and others have the same (worse) issues for 25years tenure.

I'm so angry about it, this club just shows no care for its members. I think it is something special to have been a member for every year of the clubs history, obviously the club doesn't agree.

This is my email communication with them this week.

Hi,

I see that the club will be recognising 25 year members in your loyalty program next year. I again want to express my disappointment in the club not recognising my wife and I having 25 years of continuous membership. It is not our fault that the club didn't keep records pre 2007 and to be told multiple times that we would need to show a membership card from 2000 is ridiculous.

Anyway just my rant.

Garry Watson

Morning Garry,

Hope this email finds you well.

We appreciate your note, 25-year recognition has been noted on our website for quite sometime.  This information is presented to all members to inform them of our loyalty program and provide a clear understanding of the inclusions if they were to continue to their membership tenure with us.

Whilst myself and my staff were not here in 2000, we are unable to verify the process around the clubs and NRL data collection. With this in mind, to ensure that we are consistent with all our Wests Tigers members a decision was made that proof had to be provided to the honour the tenure in question.

Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment and we look forward to seeing you in 2024.

Good morning,

What is the point of being loyal if the club refuses to recognise it? 

Garry 

Hi Garry,

This tenure program is designed to be recognised as outlined in my email the club’s decision around honouring the data that was not captured in the club’s membership records.

For the integrity of our Wests Tigers membership program, we are unable to honour this membership without the proof as nothing is stopping any Wests Tigers member or fan approaching the club claiming that they were a member in 2000.

If you have any questions regarding your 2024 Wests Tigers Membership, please feel free to contact the team, and if there is a chance you can locate a proof of your 2000 membership, please send them through for the team to review.

Regards,

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

"

Kind regards,

"

I'm so angry about it, this club just shows no care for its members. I think it is something special to have been a member for every year of the clubs history, obviously the club doesn't agree.

This is my email communication with them this week.

Hi,

I see that the club will be recognising 25 year members in your loyalty program next year. I again want to express my disappointment in the club not recognising my wife and I having 25 years of continuous membership. It is not our fault that the club didn't keep records pre 2007 and to be told multiple times that we would need to show a membership card from 2000 is ridiculous.

Anyway just my rant.

Garry Watson

Morning Garry,

Hope this email finds you well.

We appreciate your note, 25-year recognition has been noted on our website for quite sometime.  This information is presented to all members to inform them of our loyalty program and provide a clear understanding of the inclusions if they were to continue to their membership tenure with us.

Whilst myself and my staff were not here in 2000, we are unable to verify the process around the clubs and NRL data collection. With this in mind, to ensure that we are consistent with all our Wests Tigers members a decision was made that proof had to be provided to the honour the tenure in question.

Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment and we look forward to seeing you in 2024.

Good morning,

What is the point of being loyal if the club refuses to recognise it? 

Garry 

Hi Garry,

This tenure program is designed to be recognised as outlined in my email the club’s decision around honouring the data that was not captured in the club’s membership records.

For the integrity of our Wests Tigers membership program, we are unable to honour this membership without the proof as nothing is stopping any Wests Tigers member or fan approaching the club claiming that they were a member in 2000.

If you have any questions regarding your 2024 Wests Tigers Membership, please feel free to contact the team, and if there is a chance you can locate a proof of your 2000 membership, please send them through for the team to review.

Regards,

Its infuriating...and entirely predictable from this club

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@garry the most ridiculous think about that exchange is that it’s not like there are hundreds of people trying to scam the club by saying they have been members for 25 years. It was also be reasonable from them to look at the records they have and see you’ve been a member since that point. Therefore it’s reasonable to assume that you’re telling the truth and the fact you’ve brought this up with the club previously indicates you’re serious about it and not just trying to rip them off. I can’t imagine that many people have a tenure since they starting keeping records (2007?) 

the last line of their first email is pretty ridiculous, it’s almost like they are having a laugh at your expense. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@garry the most ridiculous think about that exchange is that it’s not like there are hundreds of people trying to scam the club by saying they have been members for 25 years. It was also be reasonable from them to look at the records they have and see you’ve been a member since that point. Therefore it’s reasonable to assume that you’re telling the truth and the fact you’ve brought this up with the club previously indicates you’re serious about it and not just trying to rip them off. I can’t imagine that many people have a tenure since they starting keeping records (2007?) 

the last line of their first email is pretty ridiculous, it’s almost like they are having a laugh at your expense. 

Yep, I found it insulting to say the least, I wasn't going to post it but the last line pissed me off. I know the club isn't very happy with me at the moment but 25 years of support is worth recognising.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I was thinking of this exact thing an hour ago about my situation. They advertise benefits for 25y members and then I pipe up and say I have been a member for 12 years and they say no 7. If I was scamming, Id be saying 25 not 12. Also their record keeping has been crap since 2007. I joined in 2011 and they say 2017 despite the fact I sent them a photo of me in the same seats in 2014.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I was thinking of this exact thing an hour ago about my situation. They advertise benefits for 25y members and then I pipe up and say I have been a member for 12 years and they say no 7. If I was scamming, Id be saying 25 not 12. Also their record keeping has been crap since 2007. I joined in 2011 and they say 2017 despite the fact I sent them a photo of me in the same seats in 2014.

Personally I feel the membership department epitomises everything that is wrong with the club. If you are employing these type of people in the most public facing role at the club what’s happening at the rest of the club. 

I also had an email that was very condescending earlier in the year when I reached out to gift constructive feedback around the build your own package experience. 

When I had my tour of the CoE the young man from memberships who took us around told us all that they snuck off to play ping pong and PlayStation and thought this was funny and appropriate to tell members of the public 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @garry

I've been arguing with the membership department for the last couple of days trying to get them to recognise my 25 years of membership.

mate if you get an answer let me know how you go I am in the same boat I shoukd have 25 years up too 

How can they not have records prior to 2007 ? they give dinners and invites ton10 year members and 15 year members but the 25 year member lol nothing

I have been a member for a lot longer than 10 years and never been acknowledged

record keeping is ridiculous 

I know Ive been a member for more than 10 years because I treated myself and my kids membership after a divorce to cheer us all up. It didnt really bother me but did grate on me watching 10y members toured through COE etc, knowing I was more than 10 years but didnt get invited. I got an email from the club telling me the credit card that they had for the auto renew had expired and could I update it please. In doing so , out of interest I asked them how long they had me down for as a member and they tell me 7 years.

Sent them an email back telling them how hard the club is making it for fans to care about the club and to continually pour money into them.....accompanied with a facebook photo of me and my kids sitting in the same damn seats that we have now, 10 seasons ago.

It literally seems like everything the club touches turns to rubbish at the moment. Rotten through.

well said 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Serious question: what would someone in the membership department even do between March and September. The entire membership thing is really just a rollover in October, that would be 90% of people. Are our membership fees paying these kids to play PlayStation and take selfies with Benji?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Serious question: what would someone in the membership department even do between March and September. The entire membership thing is really just a rollover in October, that would be 90% of people. Are our membership fees paying these kids to play PlayStation and take selfies with Benji?

I've dealt with them a lot through the Ambush, they are pretty busy, they organise the events and a lot of the communication with members etc. Rach who heads membership now also looks after gameday and other club events.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry I am sure these guys are working on other things throughout the year …let’s not go blaming the Indians it is the CHEIF where all frustrations should be directed at!

Mike and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

“Your 2023 West Tigers 10-year tenure items are on their way”

Don’t even know what this is. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

You’ll get a little patch you can sew onto your jersey or denim jacket 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I got another message from them today (paraphrasing) "Too bad, so sad".

Despite the fact that I sent them a time and date stamped photo of me in my current members seats from 10 years ago.....they still say its 7.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share: