Wests Tigers admin/...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers admin/governance discussion

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Lee still upset that he got punted and not one person came out to support him. Just move on champ. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Lee still upset that he got punted and not one person came out to support him. Just move on champ. 

Sounds to me like it was a square up for his axing.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Sounds to me like it was a square up for his axing.

He thinks it’s a square up however he reality he’s the only one looking foolish. He’s damaging himself with the carry on. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

You know they’re desperate when the roll out a quote from the hat again 🙄 🤡 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mercy-rule

And this arrogant, petulant, and aggrieved spray from Lee (ex-Chairman Mouth) is from a man who runs a law firm?

Seriously? Why would anyone work for them or use them?

I don't know Danny Stapleton at all, but such is the total disregard I have for the character, motive and judgement of Lee Hagipantelis, I know who I believe. And, he doesn't wear a Fedora or drive a fancy sports car. 

I will not lie. A lawyer has just said someone is full of rubbish. Really on the record

I wonder if we have wests ashfields answer. 

Still waiting to hear from them.

This is not good news

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)

So 9 months in from the review and still waiting for board members. 

4 months after they were meant to be appointed.

Maybe there is a matrix for dumbies.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @kiwitiger

About two weeks ago Richo explained that this delay was due to requirement to wait for legal documentation and that was what was holding up the process off appointing new board members.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Wonder how things are going with big Barry's appointment??

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@barra Burgess and Romero would be really sweating right now. If they agree to new board appointments then there is no turning back for them. They will never get back the control they had.

The first 6 months of this year were smooth sailing with Richo, O'Farrell, David Gilbert and Danny Stapleton the only administrators with day to day visibility of club happenings.

Since Burgess subbed himself back on to WT board as the Holman Barnes rep there's been more information being fed to journalists regarding player signings and then the conflict with Balmain which came out last month.

When Richo got on the front foot with his video interview this was a tactic designed to force Holman Barnes to follow through on their previous commitments.

If the appointments are not announced by the end of the year I reckon Richo will walk away.

Fordy20 and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

About two weeks ago Richo explained that this delay was due to requirement to wait for legal documentation and that was what was holding up the process off appointing new board members.

From what I have read, the documents have been ready for months the problem is only with the selection of the new board members. Holman Barnes want to decide who the board members are.

"Elevate Talent, the external recruitment firm tasked with filling the positions, has been asked to suspend the process.

According to sources not authorised to discuss the matter publicly because of the confidential dealings, a Wests Tigers board meeting was cancelled two months ago when HBG chair Julie Romero sent an email in the days leading up to it stipulating strict conditions attached to the gathering."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-owners-set-for-crunch-talks-on-future-of-chair-o-farrell-20240901-p5k6xh.html

Jonathan Harris was brought on through Tony Crawford to handle the appointments. He's been punted by Holman Barnes.

This post was modified 1 day ago by MickeyB

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)

So when did they start the process?

6 months to change the rules...i am giving someone the benefit of the doubt to read and work out the ramifications for 3 months.

I call bs

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

So when did they start the process?

6 months to change the rules...i am giving someone the benefit of the doubt to read and work out the ramifications for 3 months.

I call bs

On 02/09/2024, Richo, out of his own mouth in the Behind the Roar podcast explained that the Revised Shareholder Agreement was on the desk of Clay Brown of Clayton Utz solicitors and waiting to be finalised and they cant go to the marketplace for the new independent directors. Very specific to be BS. I back Richo over journalists. The headhunting has been put on hold until the shareholders agreement is finalised by the solicitors, which is why Engage would have been "suspended", not booted.

Not sure why there is any confusion about it and speculation is inauthentic IMO.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fordy20)
Wests Tigers Supporter

On 02/09/2024, Richo, out of his own mouth in the Behind the Roar podcast explained that the Revised Shareholder Agreement was on the desk of Clay Brown of Clayton Utz solicitors and waiting to be finalised and they cant go to the marketplace for the new independent directors.

Sitting on the desk of the solicitor waiting to be signed off by the shareholders, i.e. Holman Barnes.

ReplyQuote
Page 104 / 104
Share: