Wests Tigers admin/...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers admin/governance discussion

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 4216

I spoke to Shannon this afternoon and he assured me Romero/Burgess are in support of adopting the review recommendations and that it was other factions at HBG that have been trying to derail the process.

It is all very confusing.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

IMG 4216

I spoke to Shannon this afternoon and he assured me Romero/Burgess are in support of adopting the review recommendations and that it was other factions at HBG that have been trying to derail the process.

Well all they have to do is come out and say so and all this goes away.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

-- attachment is not available --

Based on previous experience Im not sure Shannon Cavanagh is the most reliable source and his words are pretty much 100% reversed from reality in this respect.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Isn’t Shannon a hardcore Magpie? He was dumped by Andriachio so I assume he is all behind Burgess and Ramone. These petty grievances and below a professional organisation.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Isn’t Shannon a hardcore Magpie? He was dumped by Andriachio so I assume he is all behind Burgess and Ramone. These petty grievances and below a professional organisation.

Exactly. Not exactly a unbiased source.

ReplyQuote
(@fordy20)
Wests Tigers Supporter

if things are as bad as it appears we actually need the Balmain directors to stand up. The Wests Tigers employees (Richo etc) can’t publicaly denounce their  Board, the Chairman is serving at the pleasure of the owner. The Balmain Board has an ownership share and a permanent seat on the Board. They are the only ones who can speak with impunity.

So it's really no different to how it was in the past then. The Chair and the CEO serve at the whim of the Wests Tigers board which is ultimately controlled by Wests Ashfield Leagues/Holman Barnes Group as they are the majority shareholder.

Honestly, the NRL should refuse to renew the NRL licence unless these governance and ownership issues are sorted out. It's ridiculous that a private group of 20 people control the Wests Tigers and the fact that the only way to hold them accountable is through the media is simply not good enough.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

This has been an orchestrated campaign to expose the Wests faction that’s delaying implementation of the review recommendations.

Started with the leak that the Chairman might walk. Then went to the claim that Balmain was unhappy and wanted to go it alone. Then the leaked emails.

This has ramped up the media attention to the situation and now has the HBG faction scrambling (hence the lack of immediate comment). So as much as it’s a bad look it’s actually been a good thing rather than letting this faction slowly and stealthily undermine the good that has been happening.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @barra

This has been an orchestrated campaign to expose the Wests faction that’s delaying implementation of the review recommendations.

Started with the leak that the Chairman might walk. Then went to the claim that Balmain was unhappy and wanted to go it alone. Then the leaked emails.

This has ramped up the media attention to the situation and now has the HBG faction scrambling (hence the lack of immediate comment). So as much as it’s a bad look it’s actually been a good thing rather than letting this faction slowly and stealthily undermine the good that has been happening.

I agree the pressure placed on the HBG is great & will hopefully see some positive action very soon but I’m not holding my breath in that one. What I think will happen now is many media people will focus on how broken the merger is rather than the delay to implement findings of the review. Until there is a very positive response from HBG the club will cop it. Buzz & his cohorts are drooling over this. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Posted by: @barra

I agree the pressure placed on the HBG is great & will hopefully see some positive action very soon but I’m not holding my breath in that one. What I think will happen now is many media people will focus on how broken the merger is rather than the delay to implement findings of the review. Until there is a very positive response from HBG the club will cop it. Buzz & his cohorts are drooling over this. 

surprisingly this has mostly come out of the Herald rather than the Tele. Perhaps that does support the targeted leak thesis.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Richo just put the dramas to bed on btr.

https://youtu.be/PX9UdoISAs4?si=ZII-kLnG3o4r9y8n

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerTon, Joel Helmes, Russtutty63 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator
Topic starter  

Posted by: @garry

Richo just put the dramas to bed on btr.

https://youtu.be/PX9UdoISAs4?si=ZII-kLnG3o4r9y8n

Brilliant move from Richo. He's backed HBG into a corner where they will look ridiculous if they don't implement the recommendations for review. Also his endorsement for O'Farrell is a clear message to Romero and Burgess to keep out. 

Tigerlily, TigerTon, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

He did a great job on this, got on the front foot and pushed them into a corner. He did however say that Barry is happy to apply for his role against the defined skills matrix. So the crap coming out of the SMH is inaccurate on many levels. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Richo is probably the only true leader this club has ever had , he was fired up in that interview . You can only take on board what is fact until proven otherwise he laid it out so that’s it . Up to HBG now to see it through , am more positive ATM more so knowing Richo is our CEO !

Tigerlily, TigerTon and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @lorenzo

He did a great job on this, got on the front foot and pushed them into a corner. He did however say that Barry is happy to apply for his role against the defined skills matrix. So the crap coming out of the SMH is inaccurate on many levels. 

Just what the doctor ordered 👍

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @fordy20

if things are as bad as it appears we actually need the Balmain directors to stand up. The Wests Tigers employees (Richo etc) can’t publicaly denounce their  Board, the Chairman is serving at the pleasure of the owner. The Balmain Board has an ownership share and a permanent seat on the Board. They are the only ones who can speak with impunity.

So it's really no different to how it was in the past then. The Chair and the CEO serve at the whim of the Wests Tigers board which is ultimately controlled by Wests Ashfield Leagues/Holman Barnes Group as they are the majority shareholder.

Honestly, the NRL should refuse to renew the NRL licence unless these governance and ownership issues are sorted out. It's ridiculous that a private group of 20 people control the Wests Tigers and the fact that the only way to hold them accountable is through the media is simply not good enough.

Welcome to the forum, apologies for the slow approval of your post.

ReplyQuote
Page 102 / 104
Share: