Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers admin/governance discussion

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @the-frog

There is an update on this situation just posted in the SMH. It does not make good reading.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/incompetent-machiavellian-tin-pots-the-explosive-emails-at-heart-of-tigers-magpies-feud-20240830-p5k6q6.html

I think it is great reading tbh. The Balmain Directors are merely saying, in PRIVATE emails, exactly what we are all saying and what you guys just expressed on the pod. Not one untrue thing in anything said in those emails and it actually encourages me to read that that is what the Balmain directors are thinking.

The MASSIVE negative, is that one of those directors has leaked these emails to the press. in a week where Gary Leo has spoken to the press with his dinosaur, moronic unrealistic ramblings, I know who's sent folder Id be checking first.

IMO Danny Stapleton needs to come out and say "Yes we are concerned about HBG not carrying out the recommendations of the review and we are seeking information from Julie Romero about the process but we remain solidly committed to the joint venture and working with HBG........on and we ounted Gary Leo".

Julie Romero and the HBG need to quickly implement the recommendations.

I wonder if its possible Richo is leaking this stuff to expose the stupidity and blow it up before it sets in stone?

Dirty Reds, Skippa13, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator
Topic starter  

People on x are slagging Chammas for posting that article. I’m very glad he did. I think what was written in those emails is very closely aligned with what most of us are concerned with. Romero and Burgess are a big worry. If O’Farrell and Richo leave we’re cactus.

Fordy20 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

People on x are slagging Chammas for posting that article. I’m very glad he did. I think what was written in those emails is very closely aligned with what most of us are concerned with. Romero and Burgess are a big worry. If O’Farrell and Richo leave we’re cactus.

Yep, I only hope the media continues to pile on in coming days.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tigerlily and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

The glimmer of hope is that the way this is blowing up that Romero et al will feel the heat and back off their stupid plans and just get on with implementing the recommendations.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

This new article confirms exactly what I suspected. The degenerates at Wests Ashfield who rolled andriechio are trying to undo the review. Stapleton is a honest broker trying to hold it all together at least for public perception but it’s obvious to everyone that these idiots would rather preside of a rubble of a club then give up their party pies and free booze. There needs to be a revolution 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

if things are as bad as it appears we actually need the Balmain directors to stand up. The Wests Tigers employees (Richo etc) can’t publicaly denounce their  Board, the Chairman is serving at the pleasure of the owner. The Balmain Board has an ownership share and a permanent seat on the Board. They are the only ones who can speak with impunity.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@merkasa-bitrusty)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigersteve 

You got me pumped up on the POD Steve and I’m ready for battle. We can’t let these muppets ruin our Wests Tigers. You have my support 1000%. I’m from the Central Coast and I’ll march with you and the POD boys if that what it comes too. It’s no coincidence that all WT supporters feel there’s good change coming and we won’t let egos stop that. Just wanted to thank you and the POD team for your efforts each week. It is like therapy…good therapy listening to you guys. Wests Tigers till I die!!!!!! 

Criz, Joel Helmes, Tiger5150 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @merkasa-bitrusty

@tigersteve 

You got me pumped up on the POD Steve and I’m ready for battle. We can’t let these muppets ruin our Wests Tigers. You have my support 1000%. I’m from the Central Coast and I’ll march with you and the POD boys if that what it comes too. It’s no coincidence that all WT supporters feel there’s good change coming and we won’t let egos stop that. Just wanted to thank you and the POD team for your efforts each week. It is like therapy…good therapy listening to you guys. Wests Tigers till I die!!!!!! 

Welcome to the Forum mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I think the only thing Wests Tigers supporters (not Wests or Balmain) should be worried about is the review not being implemented and the old HBG crew getting back together to stifle any recent/future progress. Just implement the review as approved.

Tiger5150, Joel Helmes, Jedi Tiger and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertragic56

I think the only thing Wests Tigers supporters (not Wests or Balmain) should be worried about is the review not being implemented and the old HBG crew getting back together to stifle any recent/future progress. Just implement the review as approved.

Spot on mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

@merkasa-bitrusty thanks mate. If we unite and work together we can beat these self serving narcissistic underachievers. Appreciate your support 👍🙏

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @merkasa-bitrusty

@tigersteve 

Great first post, welcome to the forum.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://articles.listnr.com/nrl-2/wests-vs-balmain/

Chammas explains it pretty clearly here. The Magpies faction at HBG has revolted and wants to stop to placement of independent directors on the Wests Tigers board. Instead they want to place their own selections on the Board (ie ignore the findings of the independent review). He also says a “senior Wests Tigers official has approached the NRL” (could only be Richo or Barry) saying they believe the faction is trying to resurrect the Magpies as an NRL franchise. That would seem delusional if HBG thought that was possible but we are dealing with people in their 70s and 80s running HBG, it would seem possible that they are in mental and cognitive decline.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

https://articles.listnr.com/nrl-2/wests-vs-balmain/

Chammas explains it pretty clearly here. The Magpies faction at HBG has revolted and wants to stop to placement of independent directors on the Wests Tigers board. Instead they want to place their own selections on the Board (ie ignore the findings of the independent review). He also says a “senior Wests Tigers official has approached the NRL” (could only be Richo or Barry) saying they believe the faction is trying to resurrect the Magpies as an NRL franchise. That would seem delusional if HBG thought that was possible but we are dealing with people in their 70s and 80s running HBG, it would seem possible that they are in mental and cognitive decline.

The brightest spin I can put on this is I hope that either Barry or Richo, someone in the NRL or someone with brains in HBG, can dissuade Romero/Burgess from this madness and in doing so, ingrain the requirements of the review. This could possibly have the effect of finally killing of the stupidity and factions which have plagued the club for so long.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

My take on all the latest is that it’s the last gasp from the dinosaur factions. They are irrelevant now. Most are well into their old age and think they are still in the last century. They will regret any actions that try to inhibit the Wests Tigers moving forward. 

TigerTon, Tigerlily, TigerTownSFS and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 101 / 104
Share: