Wests Tigers admin/...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers admin/governance discussion

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-frog

There is no one more Balmain than me. Family lived in Rozelle for over 100 years. I went to school there. I also was there the night we sold the Balmain Leagues Club. What a shit show that was. I have absolutely no faith in the Balmain Camp and hoped that the merger would bring the best of both Clubs. It has brought the worst of both Clubs which was always predictable. Self Interest will always beat common sense and whats for the Greater Good. Im so pissed off with this that even I would march on the Club (minus the cuffs). Maybe a bit of vocal action at the next game might be in order. Im ready to rumble......

I’d prefer we just let the team focus on that last game & not bring this into it. We rarely get to attend games that have an exciting build up & the potential to end the season well on the field so with respect to Benji & the team (they’re more important to me than egotistical, power hungry office workers) let’s just get behind them. But after that we will see because we’ll be ready. 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

With what has developed over the last few days the HBG need to clarify to Weststigers stake holders what there intentions are Re governance its been nearly 8 months since the original recommendations were agreed to . This week we were contacted by the club Re memberships for next season we are now in two minds . The HBG in my opinion have an obligation to clarify there intentions … as a member we are stake holders !! . If the two individuals want to play there power and self importance game well and good but as a general supporter of our club we do not wish to invest in a club that has no morale code at the governance level ! At this stage we will be cancelling auto renew and will wait for Romero and Burgess to make there intentions clear !

Criz, Garry and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @snake

With what has developed over the last few days the HBG need to clarify to Weststigers stake holders what there intentions are Re governance its been nearly 8 months since the original recommendations were agreed to . This week we were contacted by the club Re memberships for next season we are now in two minds . The HBG in my opinion have an obligation to clarify there intentions … as a member we are stake holders !! . If the two individuals want to play there power and self importance game well and good but as a general supporter of our club we do not wish to invest in a club that has no morale code at the governance level ! At this stage we will be cancelling auto renew and will wait for Romero and Burgess to make there intentions clear !

If you haven't already, you need to send this to Richo at the club. If he gets a stack of these messages he can use it

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I think the guys did a great job on the pod and I’d like to echo my support/unhappiness with what has happened this week. Last time we were patient, diplomatic and willing to give some people the benefit of the doubt. That good will has now evaporated.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

I thought the club needed one home ground to finally become one supporter base after 25yrs ..I was wrong the last few days has been inspiring to read overwhelming that we are now all together as Weststigers supporters the demons of the past are gone (except for the few ) . This is a positive moment for our club as we are now one 👏

Criz, Tigerlily, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @snake

I thought the club needed one home ground to finally become one supporter base after 25yrs ..I was wrong the last few days has been inspiring to read overwhelming that we are now all together as Weststigers supporters the demons of the past are gone (except for the few ) . This is a positive moment for our club as we are now one 👏

the perfect moment for a new owner

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I don’t know what kind of timeline we’re looking at in terms of hearing something positive in regards to the implementation of the review findings after these latest issues to be raised but would a meeting of supporters/members be a worthwhile consideration should the status quo remain? Perhaps a week after the final game a meeting might take place aimed at discussing what form of action we could take? Just thinking out loud.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @russtutty63

I don’t know what kind of timeline we’re looking at in terms of hearing something positive in regards to the implementation of the review findings after these latest issues to be raised but would a meeting of supporters/members be a worthwhile consideration should the status quo remain? Perhaps a week after the final game a meeting might take place aimed at discussing what form of action we could take? Just thinking out loud.

Good idea 💡 

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

IMG 2153

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigerlily

-- attachment is not available --
Good to see but unfortunately damage is done. Media will be unrelenting now as they pursue all issues relating to HBG & governance. The instability of the merger will be their mantra so buckle up and get ready. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Good to see but unfortunately damage is done. Media will be unrelenting now as they pursue all issues relating to HBG & governance. The instability of the merger will be their mantra so buckle up and get ready. 

Only some very positive news coming out of the HBG regarding the implementation of findings of the review etc will calm things down.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator
Topic starter  

Only some very positive news coming out of the HBG regarding the implementation of findings of the review etc will calm things down.

It seems like they will be doing everything they can do undo any of the recommendations made. Ultimately the HBG powerbrokers care far more about their own positions than WT. there is no way this ends well.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

It seems like they will be doing everything they can do undo any of the recommendations made. Ultimately the HBG powerbrokers care far more about their own positions than WT. there is no way this ends well.

Welcome back! Yep, there's been a shift and the masks have slipped. No putting the genie back in the bottle.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

There is an update on this situation just posted in the SMH. It does not make good reading.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @the-frog

There is an update on this situation just posted in the SMH. It does not make good reading.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/incompetent-machiavellian-tin-pots-the-explosive-emails-at-heart-of-tigers-magpies-feud-20240830-p5k6q6.html

ReplyQuote
Page 100 / 104
Share: