Hooper on nrl360 

I like it good mix of grounds

personally it’s great for me. 
Commbank is 10 minutes away 

LO is good for 3 to catch up with mates who only go there 

and CSS is great for taking the family. 

will be interesting to see how this goes down with the wider fan base 

I live 10 mins away from Parra stadium 

I like it, we service 3 areas we are a joint venture. 

Like St George they service Wollongong and kogarah. 

As far as LO goes I would like Sunday afternoon games there if possible

Afternoon games and definitely better a LO. 

I know people don’t like Commbank but personally I like it. Good view, easy to get in and out, good parking or transport, good food near by. 

will you be a member at all 3 venues next year ? 

I dont mind the club offering dual CSS / commbank or LO / commbank options

yep. Been a full member for a long time now. Almost gave up this year but jumped back in last minute so I’ll probably sign up again. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @garry

3 LO
4 CSS
4 CommBank

I saw this elsewhere, where is the info coming from 

Hooper on nrl360 

I like it good mix of grounds

personally it’s great for me. 
Commbank is 10 minutes away 

LO is good for 3 to catch up with mates who only go there 

and CSS is great for taking the family. 

will be interesting to see how this goes down with the wider fan base 

I live 10 mins away from Parra stadium 

I like it, we service 3 areas we are a joint venture. 

Like St George they service Wollongong and kogarah. 

As far as LO goes I would like Sunday afternoon games there if possible

Afternoon games and definitely better a LO. 

I know people don’t like Commbank but personally I like it. Good view, easy to get in and out, good parking or transport, good food near by. 

will you be a member at all 3 venues next year ? 

I dont mind the club offering dual CSS / commbank or LO / commbank options

yep. Been a full member for a long time now. Almost gave up this year but jumped back in last minute so I’ll probably sign up again. 

the LO tickets are hard to come by many people have had tickets since start of wests tigers and dont tend to give them up.

At LO I have had the same seat in latchem stand since 1988 ellery hanley days for balmain

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lorenzo

Its likely that $40m turns into $140m by the time the work is completed, $40m just sounds more palatable to the Average punter that would rather the money be spent elsewhere and not on sports stadiums.

where are they going to get the extra $100mil from. The NSW government is making cuts everywhere including big cuts in education and health. No way they get away with adding any more to Leichhardt 

Almost every gov infrastructure project goes over budget, and it's not always unexpected.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Back to the future for the tigers. I’m disappointed that Richo wasn’t more bold to be honest 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Back to the future for the tigers. I’m disappointed that Richo wasn’t more bold to be honest 

Im happy with the mix and to be honest I think it is the logical way to go. If this has been decided this way, to me it signals that richo has gotten in there, plenty of talk of being "bold" and "some people wont like it" but when he sat down to look at the options, the option that makes the most sense actually makes most sense. Good on Richo for being pragmatic rather than changing for change sake.

IMO this option is the sensible one 3/4 games for the traditional grounds for games that we are unlikely to draw large crowds (will probably ensure these grounds get the crap times like 6pm Fri, 3pm Sat) and one modern stadium for the balance. Again IMO the only box it doesnt tick is the "one home ground" box but personally I have never understood the logic of how if we play all our games out of Parra or Homebush we automatically grow a foot taller. If you told me LO, then yes.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike What the hell is going on with this club .. if your going to still play out of outdated stadiums why on hell would you go to a larger stadium for a few games . 3 home grounds again I thought things had  changed, just play out of the 2 inappropriate grounds and be done with it .. if this is the case Richo is just like the rest pandering to the few the club will never have its own identity  and after 25yrs the club is a joke .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Its likely that $40m turns into $140m by the time the work is completed, $40m just sounds more palatable to the Average punter that would rather the money be spent elsewhere and not on sports stadiums.

where are they going to get the extra $100mil from. The NSW government is making cuts everywhere including big cuts in education and health. No way they get away with adding any more to Leichhardt 

Almost every gov infrastructure project goes over budget, and it's not always unexpected.

I’m well aware of that. But $100mil over is a lot especially when we’ve got kids with disabilities who can’t access their local schools due to “not enough money in the budget”. No chance it goes that far over budget 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 The team was unable to buy a win at LO for years , selected memories honestly a load of crap!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 The team was unable to buy a win at LO for years , selected memories honestly a load of crap!

Snake, the team is unable to buy a win anywhere, but forget wins, which of our grounds feels like a home ground for atmosphere?

Also.....just be careful (particularly in this forum...this isnt WTF) with your selective memory and load of ....accusations.

We have won our last 3 games straight at LO. When did we last win three games on the trot at any ground?

As far as "selected memory", seems to me that the actual facts support my "selected memory". What would that be a load of?

Present:

Occasional:

Former:

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If I were in charge and the Leichhardt re-development went well, i'd play all games there. It's the only ground where we have any sort of home ground advantage. Our record stinks at Campbelltown, Commbank will never be our home ground, and Accor is atrocious.

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Richo probably realised if you didn't play at least one game at LO and CSS, the backside would have totally fallen out of the already anorexic membership base. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Although it sounds likely the ground allocations are correct has there been an official Announcement from the club? I haven’t seen anything 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Although it sounds likely the ground allocations are correct has there been an official Announcement from the club? I haven’t seen anything 

Nothing official.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Hate CommBank for us 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Its a bit of a challenge....as is everything at this club. You need to keep your inner west fans happy and the team seems to win a few games there, CSS facilities are not much better and the Govt has promised $40m so LO is locked in. You have talked about how the nursery is south west and that's where the club wants to invest in its future and LO facilities are inferior, so CSS is locked in. You need to cozy up to sponsors and give them a decent experience, for not just them, but more importantly their clients who they take to the games in order to keep as clients and/or win more business from to pay for the sponsorship, So you need to lock in a stadium with decent corporate facilities. In summary there is no other real option right now but to split 3 ways. If LO or CSS had some decent facilities including corporate than I'm pretty sure Richo would immediately go all in on one or the other. I'm 10 mins from LO and an ex Balmain fan however I would sacrifice it if CSS was an Allianz or Bankwest standard stadium...then fans would pile in and it would quickly become our spiritual home and the place we win more games...LO is still this because there is no better alternative to take the mantle.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 142 / 148
Share: