Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @Anonymous

OMG this is going nowhere guys … check your egos and give it a rest hey. As if it matters where this mob play out of ??

When’s the decision again?

Just having a bit of fun mate. No Tigers game this weekend so have to fill the time somehow.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

OMG this is going nowhere guys … check your egos and give it a rest hey. As if it matters where this mob play out of ??

Not soon enough! 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

This argument is what I meant in my post - Melbourne's geography (both as a city and the clubs themselves) is completely different to ours and the stadium situation isn't really comparable. People also head into the Melbourne CBD far more as a central hub than we do up in Sydney.

I don't really like Homebush but I feel it's the best situation for us right now. SFS is too far east for a club looking to push further into the SW,  and CommBank is on the middle of Parramatta CBD. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

No it doesn’t matter where the team plays out of, that’s my whole point. So if it doesn’t matter then let’s play out of the best stadium in Sydney. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

location wise homebush makes the most sense, close to COE and homebush is tiger territory. Drawback is at present it is not a good stadium to watch footy from. 

If you were framing a market

$1.40 Parramatta Stadium 

$1.90 Homebush 

$5.00 SFS 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

location wise homebush makes the most sense, close to COE and homebush is tiger territory. Drawback is at present it is not a good stadium to watch footy from. 

$1.40 Parramatta Stadium 

$1.90 Homebush 

$ SFS

I think Parra shortest price. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @helmesy

$1.40 Parramatta Stadium 

$1.90 Homebush 

$ SFS

9 games at Parramatta stadium, pretty much lock it in 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @helmesy

$1.40 Parramatta Stadium 

$1.90 Homebush 

$ SFS

9 games at Parramatta stadium, pretty much lock it in 

Spot on.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

it's funny that if we go back to 3 home grounds of commbank (or Accor), CSS, LO - its what we've had for the longest time and what weve been criticised about

It will be really interesting to see how Richo sells the vision and puts the spin on it.

As I don't think the identity issues come down to home ground. It comes down to how the club sells/presents itself. Which Richo has a strong view on.

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Richo understand the economics don’t work at the traditional home grounds but the politics won’t allow him to completely move away. Best he can do is extremely limited games at LO/CSS remember there are at least 2 Thursday night games a year which are completely throw away games from an attending perspective. CSS/LO will share a maximum 4 games but they will be decent slots (ie not Thursday or Friday) so that cuts back the number of marketable games at the big stadium down to maybe only 6 or 7. 

personally I would prefer max 1 at the traditional home grounds and go 10 at chosen main stadium. Sell tickets to the traditional grounds to members first, play in a heritage jersey those rounds.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Richo understand the economics don’t work at the traditional home grounds but the politics won’t allow him to completely move away. Best he can do is extremely limited games at LO/CSS remember there are at least 2 Thursday night games a year which are completely throw away games from an attending perspective. CSS/LO will share a maximum 4 games but they will be decent slots (ie not Thursday or Friday) so that cuts back the number of marketable games at the big stadium down to maybe only 6 or 7. 

personally I would prefer max 1 at the traditional home grounds and go 10 at chosen main stadium. Sell tickets to the traditional grounds to members first, play in a heritage jersey those rounds.

do you think Richo keeps magic round as a home game ?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I don’t see why we need to keep Magic round. We are on our way to our third spoon and we have a perpetual home ground fiasco. Why on earth would we take a home game against a qld team to qld. The whole concept of making magic round an away round for the qld teams is idiotic. If Richo is going to take up to 10 games to Commbank he can afford to give up magic round. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Give up magic round.

That gives 12 full games to play with

8 - CommBank

2 - CSS

2 - LO

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @frullens

Give up magic round.

That gives 12 full games to play with

8 - CommBank

2 - CSS

2 - LO

i would like that split

however, if Richo is about the almighty dollar (as evident with the corpirates) then he probably keeps Magic Round

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I don’t see why we need to keep Magic round. We are on our way to our third spoon and we have a perpetual home ground fiasco. Why on earth would we take a home game against a qld team to qld. The whole concept of making magic round an away round for the qld teams is idiotic. If Richo is going to take up to 10 games to Commbank he can afford to give up magic round. 

hope you are right I think magic round home games are a joke for Sydney teams

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 138 / 148
Share: