Prediction: Wests T...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Prediction: Wests Tigers play finals in 2025!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
Topic starter  

I’ve posted on the forum I believe the club will play finals next year. Now I also know all of you, or certainly the vast majority of you, disagree. Nobody can see it happening & I understand that. It will take an incredible turnaround won’t it. But there are reasons to believe it could happen. After a year of transition, and plenty of it, things should be a little more settled next year. Some new signings in areas we seem to really need improvement. Benji should have better help, Galvin, TDS, the Fainus etc will all be better off for this year. They’ll be fitter & stronger & have a better understanding of footy at NRL level and of their own abilities & roles. They’ll have more experience around them as well. Api will not have to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders as Luai and he will share the leadership role, Bird might also have some input especially at training. Standards will surely be as high as they’ve ever been with these experienced & highly competitive guys coming to the club. The roster will be better. I guess this can all be debated which is fair enough but it’s what I believe. 
Now there is also what many will consider a ridiculous reason the team will play finals. We are bloody well due! Overdue more likely. 

Crazy things can happen. In 2002 the Warriors won 6 games. They played finals the following year, the 2nd time in 11 years. The Dogs won 7 games in 2023, they’ll play finals this year after a 7 year drought. Nobody saw the Warriors making finals after 2022, the same with the Dogs after 2023. It was all totally unexpected.

So there it is. I’ve stated my case. Believe it ir not. But we can all agree, WE ARE BLOODY WELL DUE! 

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Joel Helmes

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’ve posted on the forum I believe the club will play finals next year. Now I also know all of you, or certainly the vast majority of you, disagree. Nobody can see it happening & I understand that. It will take an incredible turnaround won’t it. But there are reasons to believe it could happen. After a year of transition, and plenty of it, things should be a little more settled next year. Some new signings in areas we seem to really need improvement. Benji should have better help, Galvin, TDS, the Fainus etc will all be better off for this year. They’ll be fitter & stronger & have a better understanding of footy at NRL level and of their own abilities & roles. They’ll have more experience around them as well. Api will not have to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders as Luai and he will share the leadership role, Bird might also have some input especially at training. Standards will surely be as high as they’ve ever been with these experienced & highly competitive guys coming to the club. The roster will be better. I guess this can all be debated which is fair enough but it’s what I believe. 
Now there is also what many will consider a ridiculous reason the team will play finals. We are bloody well due! Overdue more likely. 

Crazy things can happen. In 2002 the Warriors won 6 games. They played finals the following year, the 2nd time in 11 years. The Dogs won 7 games in 2023, they’ll play finals this year after a 7 year drought. Nobody saw the Warriors making finals after 2022, the same with the Dogs after 2023. It was all totally unexpected.

So there it is. I’ve stated my case. Believe it ir not. But we can all agree, WE ARE BLOODY WELL DUE! 

I think it’s a chance, everyone start on 0 points. I think what helps us is that a few fringe sides have changed coaches and we might be ahead of them in terms of development.

I think Galvin was probably the difference for our additional 2 wins, Luai probably adds a few more. So there’s a chance for sure.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy Unless Benji gets some professional assistants around him the team has no hope of finals next season he is way out of his depth and I am sure Richo has told him so .This club plays out of one of the best COE’s in the country and to be frank who would now .. there needs to be a full review of what is happening in that place as having NRL .. reserve grade.. NRLW all with the spoons there certainly is something drastically wrong !

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy Unless Benji gets some professional assistants around him the team has no hope of finals next season he is way out of his depth and I am sure Richo has told him so .This club plays out of one of the best COE’s in the country and to be frank who would now .. there needs to be a full review of what is happening in that place as having NRL .. reserve grade.. NRLW all with the spoons there certainly is something drastically wrong !

No review needed. A decade of lousy, reactive and inept management along with serial 3rd rate player identification and development. 

Dirty Reds and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we have api, luai, bula and Galvin fit all year we make the semi finals in 2025

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we have api, luai, bula and Galvin fit all year we make the semi finals in 2025

Yes - but only if we win the ruck consistently 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Not if our forwards get pushed back

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger5150

To reframe all this - we have the spine to make it, we need our forwards to be able to consistently match our opponents and we need our wingers to ice opportunities created by that spine.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tiger5150

To reframe all this - we have the spine to make it, we need our forwards to be able to consistently match our opponents and we need our wingers to ice opportunities created by that spine.

IMO the key job we need our wingers to do, that they have not been able to do to date, is to smash out metres early in sets, deep in our own half and kick returns. I have more faith in Skelton, Montoya, Laulilii to do this than Staines & Alaimalo

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Based on the rise and fall of teams over the last few years I would say every club has a chance of making the finals, however I do believe the Dragons, Parra, dolphins and Warriors will struggle and I'm fairly confident for various and differing reasons they will be below us on the ladder come round 27 2025. I'm not expecting us to make finals next year, coming 9th - 12th is probably where we are at, unless we sign a Payne Haas or Tino F type player in our forward pack during the off season. We will have a top 4 spine in my opinion however still too many inexperienced players in the first grade team and as depth. 2026 we finish top 4 and 2027 we will win the whole thing! 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@teddy_s)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Stability is the one major thing in our way. In that it involves players, coaches, boards and administrators. Until this is rectified, cellar dwellers we will remain. But with the NRL wanting to spread the game, we’d better get on the right track. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

season tickets for 2025 

holy hell 

premium full season reserved has gone from $590 to $720

increase of $130 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@jedi-tiger You want to play out of small suburban stadiums this is the result seats are at a premium ... large stadiums better value for money for all , families could actually afford to have season tickets .. be careful of what you wish for 😹

Teddy_S and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I’d love to be able to get the platinum membership but $2500 is a big hurdle!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

I’d love to be able to get the platinum membership but $2500 is a big hurdle!

That’s Elite. Platinum is $900

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: