Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator
Topic starter  

Got to say I’m about fed up with following footy. We all get excited, buy new gear, memberships perhaps, fox subscriptions etc etc only to be out of the race by June. It’s depressing and frustrating.

Of course, this will change once preseason rolls around and I’m once again filled with false hope.

But seriously, this annual cycle of hope turning to despair has to change and for me, it has to be next year. I’m not prepared to wait any longer. If we are not competitive and fighting for the 8 next year I reckon my enthusiasm, passion and love for this club and sport will just about evaporate.

Enough is enough for me. Stuff the 3 year rebuild. I’m sick of hearing this crap. Next year or bust!

Thoughts?

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigersteve

Got to say I’m about fed up with following footy. We all get excited, buy new gear, memberships perhaps, fox subscriptions etc etc only to be out of the race by June. It’s depressing and frustrating.

Of course, this will change once preseason rolls around and I’m once again filled with false hope.

But seriously, this annual cycle of hope turning to despair has to change and for me, it has to be next year. I’m not prepared to wait any longer. If we are not competitive and fighting for the 8 next year I reckon my enthusiasm, passion and love for this club and sport will just about evaporate.

Enough is enough for me. Stuff the 3 year rebuild. I’m sick of hearing this crap. Next year or bust!

Thoughts?

I'm stuck here no matter how long it takes.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I am with Gary with this  guess I am glutton for punishment

Tigerlily and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I was talking to my daughter about this the other night. She was born in 2004 and whilst she is a Tigers fan, she cant remember success. My sons are older and enjoyed 2005- 2011. She was complaining that there has been no success. i explained to her that Ive enjoyed 88-90 and 2005 - 2011 in my 50odd years. Its not a new phenomenon. This is as bad as it has ever been though. Strangely though I dont think its the worst squad we have had.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am completely rusted on and it seems the worse we get the more I am.

But I am sick and tired of teams like the Storm losing someone like Munster and then basically having their pick of who to replace him. The game is slanted way too hard to benefit the better teams. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I think we’re all feeling a bit fatigued after another difficult/horrible year. I think what Steve is referencing is that year after year of mediocrity is hampering our ability as fans to bounce back quickly.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I hear you Steve. If we hadn't made a coaching change I probably would have walked away, at least for the rest of the season. As it stands now I watch every week but much more stoically than I would have in the past. A couple of years ago my mood would depend on whether we won or lost, but now I don't really care so much. I think that happens when they've been so poor for so long. The last 4 years for me have been really tough to watch.

I do have some hope we will improve next year on the back of a couple of very good signings and a new coaching structure, but i'm not sure (at this stage) if we are going to have what it takes to challenge for the 8. Sheens and Co really need to pull their finger out and make some key roster moves. I agree with you we shouldn't have to wait 3 years when we've waited so long already.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Thoughts?

I’m pretty much at that point as well @TigerSteve. I’ve cancelled my auto renew. No doubt when time comes I’ll sign up again but it is getter harder. Next year we need to be striving for the 8 all the way through the season. I really can’t hack this giving up half way through a season regardless of the circumstances. Just doesn’t sit right at all.

ReplyQuote
(@campo)

Start winning games when we are faves and that will be a step in the right direction, I’m not asking for much 😀 

ReplyQuote
AnyGivenSunday
(@anygivensunday)
Junior Pathways

Got to say I’m about fed up with following footy

WT crushing my spirit is one thing, but the NRL itself is wearing me down quickly.

Regular Season Golden point is the most contrived example of the strangle tv and gambling have over the sport, bring back the draw. 

The bunker, get out of the game, replay for touchline and groundings only.

The constant rule tinkering needs to stop and most of them banished forever

6 agains, 7 tackle sets, 20/40, 40/20, no scrum restarts, 2 point field goals, where does it stop?

Captains challenge, goodbye, less bunker as above.

There would be more but i need to stop thinking of them as its not healthy, so rant over.

Actually perhaps getting that off my chest was beneficial so thank you all, lol.

Mac_Tiger, LoganR21 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I just listened to our CEO on SEN. In summary:

- COE won't translate into success immediately.

- Not happy with 2022.

- We're a development club.

- We are on the path to success.

- We have a strong salary cap.

All looking really positive. So excited for the future 👍 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

- Not happy with 2022.

Pascoe is delusional.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)

Meanwhile from Graham 'Ostrich' Annesley https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-22/nrl-weekend-of-blowouts-not-a-problem-graham-annesley/101358888

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The one change I would love to make is to get rid of the bunker reviewing every try. It is terrible, you can’t ever celebrate a try because you have to wait 45sec for the box to pop up “try confirmed”. The original arguement was that it allowed the on field ref to “make a call” rather than keep sending it upstairs but the opposite now happens, the bunker has pushed itself into every try. And you just know with every tigers try they will find something to pull us up on. I don’t mind the captains challenge but I would reserve it only for try scoring positions and take it out of general play. Just play to the whistle and challenge a try if you want.

Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

- Not happy with 2022.

Same old thing said by the same people. Rinse and repeat.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: