2023 Pre-Season pri...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2023 Pre-Season priorities

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We quickly mentioned this tonight on a podcast that will go up tomorrow - pre-season priorities for the Wests Tigers?

What are some areas of our side/players that should get the more attention at pre-season training ahead of the trials?

I believe we weren’t best prepared physically this season, I think more aerobic ability/improved fitness for greater durability/sustained performance needs to be looked at.

Defence, obviously. Attack? Getting a preseason with Brooks, Doueihi and Hastings on the training field?

Or is just building team morale and connections?

Let us know that you think the priorities for coaching staff need to be.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Unfortunately everything needs improvement. Fitness, attack, defence, the lot. We’re coming off our worst ever season ever so I’m hoping Sheens can turn things around quickly.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I agree with the "everything all at once" assessment but the truth is that isn't going to happen. IMO the first thing that needs fixing is strength and fitness. That will keep us in games longer and can be fixed, skill is harder.

i wouldnt want to be in this preseason.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

I think you start with organising the defence better... I think Sheens/Benji would be encouraging a more natural free attack style so hopefully the natural skills will come to the fore.

ReplyQuote
Share: