Notifications
Clear all

2023 Membership

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @davey-farrell

Hi with the email last week had your  login, which is your email address..then you set u a assword ...then you can enter the membershi area ...thats when it gets com letely confusing ..as an out of towner i got 25 dollars credit but i believe you have to buy a membershi card which is ridiculous and then i tried to buy a hat for 12 dollars but the total was 38 dollars bugger that im not aying that so i got out of the site..its very confusing and im still not sure how my 25 dollars credit works..

I don't know why the club does things like this. There was nothing wrong with how the old system worked.

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@avocadoontoast 

Exacty AVO, i like the old way too, im not the smartest bloke in the world but i was confused big time last nite trying to understand the new membershi system with these credits

Jedi Tiger and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

So I called the club.

The credit part does apply when you get to the payment page, there is an area where it asks you if you want to apply credit and you enter the amount you want to use.

It pretty much just covers shipping.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@celtic_tiger guys I just emailed and they got back and said 

I apologise about the delay on the below advised date however, you will be receiving them in the next 48 hours. We had something come up that caused a delay.

Probably the Zurich COE ....

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

The club charging $5 for a membership card is so miserable I’m having trouble believing it 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

The club charging $5 for a membership card is so miserable I’m having trouble believing it 

Yep, a bit rich.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Craegus
(@craegus)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Well I was 100% correct with how this was going to work. No surprise that the new better system was going to be a joke.

Apart from actually having to pay $5 for a physical membership card, and getting the free members pack (hat, scarf, lanyard, and presentation box - not even a keyring like in the past - that was $5.50 in the shop), and after shipping (regular not even express), I like many of you I am sure had a grand total of $3.06 to spend in the store. Not enough to buy anything.

Well I wouldn't really have anyway as the selection is garbage and clearly targeted at children (unless you want a kid styled cartoon tiger plastered on your merchandise).

Both myself and mother were absolutely disgusted and have emailed the club mentioning this, including saying that the membership team could forward it on to the higher ups. However we know that absolutely nothing will come of it.

Just another point of proof the club doesn't care about their members, and are just after more of their money, while offering benefits that are actually just flat out lies.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy I can't believe we pay for membership and have to pay for the card too

I'm sure no other club does this. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @craegus

Well I was 100% correct with how this was going to work. No surprise that the new better system was going to be a joke.

Apart from actually having to pay $5 for a physical membership card, and getting the free members pack (hat, scarf, lanyard, and presentation box - not even a keyring like in the past - that was $5.50 in the shop), and after shipping (regular not even express), I like many of you I am sure had a grand total of $3.06 to spend in the store. Not enough to buy anything.

Well I wouldn't really have anyway as the selection is garbage and clearly targeted at children (unless you want a kid styled cartoon tiger plastered on your merchandise).

Both myself and mother were absolutely disgusted and have emailed the club mentioning this, including saying that the membership team could forward it on to the higher ups. However we know that absolutely nothing will come of it.

Just another point of proof the club doesn't care about their members, and are just after more of their money, while offering benefits that are actually just flat out lies.

it’s completely unacceptable and shows an administration completely out of touch with its membership base. To come dead last, then give less to their members is just miserly. $5 for a membership card is bonkers. And did you see the products. $30 for a kids drink bottle?

The admin should get absolutely flamed for this. A terrible idea terribly executed.

Russtutty63, Jedi Tiger, Tigerlily and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @craegus

it’s completely unacceptable and shows an administration completely out of touch with its membership base. To come dead last, then give less to their members is just miserly. $5 for a membership card is bonkers. And did you see the products. $30 for a kids drink bottle?

The admin should get absolutely flamed for this. A terrible idea terribly executed.

We will talk about this again on the next edition of the pod. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Got my email today and went on and had a look. I think people generally have the wrong idea about it. YES they are asking for $5 for the card and you can make an argument that this is stingy, but what it boils down to is you can basically have your old members pack for near nothing (after postage etc) but what Im not seeing mentioned is the wide range of other stuff you can pick that is specifically members branded. I think its a fair argument that its overpriced, but the options are there and this means that members get a wider choice of members branded stuff and if you want it you can pay for it. Greater variety as well as opportunity for the club to make a quid. I get it and don't think its the end of the world.  I think the club could have sold it and explained it better.

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

@tiger5150 this is true, the wider choice means you don't have to get the same old pack every year.

And being honest providing this additional choice is where the extra expense would be coming from.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I have to speak up for the club here, the payment for the physical membership card is clearly to disincentivise the use of them and encourage people towards using an e-card which is a free option. 

I assume this is part of a club sustainability strategy, it's essential we have one of these as large companies like Zurich won't do business with you if you don't have one.

As far as the other stuff is concerned I just opted out of everything. It's generally cheap tat anyway and I imagine 75% of it ends up either in the bin or the Vinnies. The reduction of waste and packaging probably also part of our sustainability strategy.

It's a bit cumbersome and not really user friendly but overall a decent idea and evidence of some joined up thinking at the club in my opinion.

Dirty Reds and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I have to speak up for the club here, the payment for the physical membership card is clearly to disincentivise the use of them and encourage people towards using an e-card which is a free option. 

I assume this is part of a club sustainability strategy, it's essential we have one of these as large companies like Zurich won't do business with you if you don't have one.

As far as the other stuff is concerned I just opted out of everything. It's generally cheap tat anyway and I imagine 75% of it ends up either in the bin or the Vinnies. The reduction of waste and packaging probably also part of our sustainability strategy.

It's a bit cumbersome and not really user friendly but overall a decent idea and evidence of some joined up thinking at the club in my opinion.

If it's about being sustainable don't make it an option at all. And if it is about sustainability (it's not), then they should donate the profits of selling the cards to charity (they won't).

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think having to pay for postage is a bit on the nose but memberships are about the club making as much money as possible. It's money given to support the club. Unless I am shelling out a lot of money, I don't expect the merchandise to be of great quality. If I want a decent hat, I'll buy a decent hat.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share: