(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Benji's call to 'show your stripes' | Wests Tigers

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I like it, no silly catchphrases, just “we’re in this together” which I think sums it up. Come on Joel, we’re in this together. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Interestingly, I didn’t feel like we were ‘in it together’ when we were getting consistently pumped at the back end of last season. In fact, I felt like the club just washed its hands of 2022 and threw in the towel - players and admin alike. 
Im in for 2023 and will get an out of town membership but I have been affected by last seasons efforts. It’s left a bad taste in my mouth. It was the worst back end of season I’ve ever seen including efforts that were below park footy level. I expect more from an elite RL organisation.

Frullens, Joel Helmes, Barra and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tigersteve Can’t say it wasn’t disappointing. As soon as Madge was sacked I posted elsewhere Noddy was on hiding to nothing & we wouldn’t win another game, I was wrong we won one. Just seemed then they were looking at 2023 & beyond. Yes, we are an elite sporting organisation but I felt we had to start planning for next season & beyond anyway. We had an ordinary roster & had too many injuries etc to do much at all last season. We needed a lot to go our way to be competitive & we didn’t get a lot going our way. We had a lot go against us. We had moments up until Hastings injury but not enough to do a great deal. A line had to be drawn, we had to decide how we were going to change from being the worst club (in terms of finals appearances) in the NRL to being better. How were we going to do that? I don’t know. It sucks but I can see an opportunity here to turn it around. But who knows for sure? We

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

@tigersteve Can’t say it wasn’t disappointing. As soon as Madge was sacked I posted elsewhere Noddy was on hiding to nothing & we wouldn’t win another game, I was wrong we won one. Just seemed then they were looking at 2023 & beyond. Yes, we are an elite sporting organisation but I felt we had to start planning for next season & beyond anyway. We had an ordinary roster & had too many injuries etc to do much at all last season. We needed a lot to go our way to be competitive & we didn’t get a lot going our way. We had a lot go against us. We had moments up until Hastings injury but not enough to do a great deal. A line had to be drawn, we had to decide how we were going to change from being the worst club (in terms of finals appearances) in the NRL to being better. How were we going to do that? I don’t know. It sucks but I can see an opportunity here to turn it around. But who knows for sure? We

I get it mate and yes it’s like a line has been drawn. So what happens if we are 2-8 in 2023? Do we scrap another season? Already I’m hearing people say we are preparing for 2025. Far out! I want a competitive roster/team/club today. No more excuses or rebuilding phases.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

I’m a sucker for punishment I’m in for another season with the hope that our clubs star’s have finally aligned and 2023 is the WTs turning point.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigerlily

I’m a sucker for punishment I’m in for another season with the hope that our clubs star’s have finally aligned and 2023 is the WTs turning point.

I already can't wait for round 1.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

that round 1 excitement of this is the year we will make the semis 

Always like having round 1 as a home game as these days I don't get to too many away games like I used to

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigersteve when you look back at 2022 we had AD out for half the year Brooks out for 7 games and Hastings injured or suspended for 5 or 6 games

Only 3 times I think we had Hastings AD and Brooks all on the field at once. The injuries along with poor coaching in 2022 didn't help us. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tigersteve What happens if we’re 2-8? Well, could happen given all the changes that seem to be happening. I don’t think we will start all that well but if we can build combinations by keeping players in key positions on the field together for long periods & generally have some luck on the injury front we will be a lot more competitive, successful. But that’s the beauty(?) of sport we don’t actually know what will happen, we can guess, have an opinion but it’s out of our control. We go there and do our bit in the hope it helps, that’s all we can control. And you are key, as we all are, on that part of the future.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I went in to buy a membership on the WT site this morning and filled in all the details, credit card, etc. hit submit and then nothing happened, it just froze 🙄 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

I went in to buy a membership on the WT site this morning and filled in all the details, credit card, etc. hit submit and then nothing happened, it just froze 🙄 

Haha typical...!

Good to hear you're back in, give them a call.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Haha typical...!

Got it sorted, I’m back in 😵‍💫

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@helmesy There’s a coffee at the new Centre of Excellence in this for you Joel. Will arrange before next season if you’re ok? Hoping a cafe will be open there by then.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger_alex

Haha typical...!

Got it sorted, I’m back in 😵‍💫

What membership did you go with mate?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share: