Forecast Round 2 Te...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Forecast Round 2 Team after Trial 2

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Team List Tuesday is looming and SuperCoach eyes are on Tigers young gun Lachlan Galvin.

Coach Benji Marshall has a huge decision to make on whether to blood the young five-eighth.

Galvin played from the bench in the final trial and can cover multiple other positions including halfback and back row.

“He’s been outstanding. He reminds me a lot of a Scott Hill type of five-eighth where he’s big and robust and a great ball runner but then he can also ball play as well,” Marshall said recently.

“He’s been winning everything at training from the 1.2km time trial to whatever the challenge is he’s super fit and he’s got all the makings of a very good NRL player.”

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

Team List Tuesday is looming and SuperCoach eyes are on Tigers young gun Lachlan Galvin.

Coach Benji Marshall has a huge decision to make on whether to blood the young five-eighth.

Galvin played from the bench in the final trial and can cover multiple other positions including halfback and back row.

“He’s been outstanding. He reminds me a lot of a Scott Hill type of five-eighth where he’s big and robust and a great ball runner but then he can also ball play as well,” Marshall said recently.

“He’s been winning everything at training from the 1.2km time trial to whatever the challenge is he’s super fit and he’s got all the makings of a very good NRL player.”

Play him in the 17 somewhere benji, roll the dice

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

someone I was talking to who is attached to another club had heard a whisper Staines was not going to get picked for round 2.

If true I would think we have bigger issues than him tbh 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

@jedi-tiger Staines hasn't impressed in trials

Really struggled with the early yardage carries.

I'd be open to Toa or Lobb having a crack

Top 8 2023

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

I wonder if Marshall will learn something from Canberra’s opening game. Along the lines of the knights  17. Think it was an error from them having a half on the bench. He’s not my favourite but I think A Kepaoa should be at 14. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Screenshot 20240311 181445 Facebook

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@garry hope he’s the 6 on the weekend… and I’d go with Sullivan at 7

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

Looks like that might be the plan, I'd prefer to partner him with Sezer if it was up to me but this would be a very Benji move.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

fantastic if true putting a young pairing together, Sezer is the conservative option 

I would prefer Galvin and fainu but a combo of 7. Bud Lite and 6 Galvin could be very exciting

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Personally I don't think it's a gamble to run with 2 young halves at this moment.

1. Laui is coming next year - so we have an established half to build the club around - guaranteed in 12 months

2. Need to see our of Latu, Galvin and Sullivan - who has it, who doesn't and who needs more time - only way to do that is play them in first grade 

3. Need to figure out who will play where this year and next year

3. We have Sezer n or back pocket this year - if any of the going halves need to go back down to reserves - Sezer can come in and provide some experience

Not going to get off the bottom of the ladder with a softly softly approach 

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @garry

Looks like that might be the plan, I'd prefer to partner him with Sezer if it was up to me but this would be a very Benji move.

Sezer to play lock maybe 🥷

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@frullens exactly if it goes to crap then sezer can come in 

we need tinsee what is under the hood with fainu galvinnand bud, since sezer is gone in 2025 anyway and we have our 7 coming in Luai 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

Sezer to play lock maybe 🥷

worth a shot 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If true I think this is a good move. I thought Sezer was very poor in the 2nd trial. Not saying Sullivan was good, but we need every bit of attacking help we can get.

personally I’d roll the dice with Galvin and Latu.

Jedi Tiger, Tiger5150, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Is there a more credible source than "miksrl"? 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: