Share:
Notifications
Clear all

COVID and 2022

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator
Topic starter  

Another Big Bash team goes down with 10 Heat players testing positive.

Currently we are ‘living with COVID.’ ie: no bubbles, everyone mixing, but a positive test means we isolate.

With the current transmission rates and isolation rules in place, how on earth is the 2022 NRL season going to proceed without hindrance?? I can’t see it working. Thoughts?

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigersteve

Currently we are ‘living with COVID.’ ie: no bubbles, everyone mixing, but a positive test means we isolate.

With the current transmission rates and isolation rules in place, how on earth is the 2022 NRL season going to proceed without hindrance?? I can’t see it working. Thoughts?

NRL players went under tighter restrictions yesterday, which some are sooking about. Having a look at the data around this variation we should be past this wave before kickoff, what happens after that is anyone's guess.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigersteve

I reckon they end up changing rules to allow "emergency" squad players, maybe a larger weekly squad (name 20 instead of 18) or using players outside the 30.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

@tiger5150 Think of the positives though.

If major sports have to again battle through this pandemic with the rules changing around covid every five minutes and they don’t have the player pool to select from in their top grades squads.

It’ll hopefully give those fringe/young crop of players a chance to prove themselves in first grade, that’s of course if it goes that way.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tigerlily

@tiger5150 Think of the positives though.

If major sports have to again battle through this pandemic with the rules changing around covid every five minutes and they don’t have the player pool to select from in their top grades squads.

It’ll hopefully give those fringe/young crop of players a chance to prove themselves in first grade, that’s of course if it goes that way.

THats if the impacts are evenly spread over the teams, I have a feeling the more professional teams (think Storm & Roosters) will manage their players in a bubble like atmosphere. I also dont rate our depth against other clubs. I dont think it will benefit us.

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

We should lock our players in the centre of excellence. If the roosters, souths, melbourne etc are down a dozen players, we may be competitive.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: