Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Warriors Rd 21 2024

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

For the record....Im locking in my earlier one word....putrid.

Our first half.......putrid

Whatever is growing on Papallili head....Putrid

Marshalls coaching..Putrid

Marshalls positional changes.....putrid

Marshalls use of the bench.......putrid

Our middle forwards (other than Ice).....putrid

Charlie Staines......putrid

CanberraTiger, Joel Helmes, Snake and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 You will !

I hope so, his offload for that last try was good. He was uninspiring tonight and what Marshall did to him could not have helped his confidence. i would like to see him at 7 for the next few weeks and then unless he sets the world on fire at 7, I'd like to see him at 13 for the last few games.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 I do not understand why he did not start at 7 another coaching error. Marshall upset the flow from the start . Latu has played around 100 mins this season and he seemed to be all good at the end so hopefully the coach will pick and stick next week .. Latu could be very dynamic at 13 next season .

This post was modified 1 month ago by Snake

Tiger5150 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I know Im overplaying this, but I am so frustrated with what Marshall did with the positional changes. We looked completely disjointed all game.

Alternatively, you could ahve had Api, arguably the ssecond best hooker in the comp, playing hooker for 40-50mins, Latu given confidence to play his natural game, then TDS come on a rest Api and run against tired forwards after 45 or so mins with Api to come on fresh and tear up at the end.

But no....completely disjointed attack, for no future benefit, from the get go.

Snake and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 I agree 100% as I have said previously Marshall is out of his depth, like yourself I do not understand Marshall’s thinking .

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I missed a chunk of the game, but hardly noticed Stef. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I missed a chunk of the game, but hardly noticed Stef. 

It wouldnt have mattered which chunk you missed.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @snake

@tiger5150 I agree 100% as I have said previously Marshall is out of his depth, like yourself I do not understand Marshall’s thinking .

I'm officially off Benji, particularly listening to the post match presser, using players "playing out of position" as an excuse for the end of the match when he started the match with the second best hooker in the game at halfback.

This team and this club is at an unbelievably important inflection point of our history and we need our coach to be up to the task and Im afaid IMO Benji just isnt, he doesnt have the experience.

This week he picked the right team with players available on Tuesday. Bold changes made, but the right changes made. From there he just needs the team to play to their strengths, in a simple game plan, but exactly like when he was a player, the simple right thing to do is beyond him when he has a chance to make it all about him and to try to inject himself into proceedings with some miracle play, so with a heap of players either unavailable or dropped, with the season gone, with a golden opportunity to look at combinations for the future, Benji has to try to pull out the coaching equivalent of a no look flick pass that had no possible future benefit...and it metaphorically landed in the third row of the grandstand.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

My word is Random. This best describes the placement of players in their starting positions for the start of the game and also as the replacements came on. Just Random.

The Wahs have too many big, fast and skillful players for us to match them. AFB, RTS and DWZ to name a few.

We need a kicker to take over from Api in general play. He has too much to do in the game and his kicking tonight was poor. Maybe Luai will solve that problem for us. 

Great game from Ice. We can look forward to Stef making his big announcement tonight ... he shouldn't be out of breath after that ordinary performance.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word - lost. How we suddenly looked with the ball after getting within 4 points of the lead.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I think we are being too harsh. Starting Api at 7 was to ease Latu into the game given we had 2 goals 19yr old halves. The last of attack was because we were completely gassed from massive possession imbalance in the first half. The main problem was the inability of our forward pack to contain the warriors and the ref allowing blatant walking off the mark from the warriors all game. We don’t have players to bring in.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

One word: predictable 

everything about the way this team plays is predictable. You could almost write a script for each game before it’s played. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

My word again is wise, for not watching the game. After Benji idiotically shifted positions before the game it was over before it began. If we don’t move him on immediately he’ll destroy the young guys coming through and will make the Luai signing pointless. It’s not about giving him more time, because the longer the season has gone on the more incompetent he’s become. He's the worst coach I’ve ever seen.

Kenny4517 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rach09)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Struggling for an one word submission but I look at this game as either a glass half full or a glass half empty scenario. Are there more positives than negatives? Can we be optimistic? Or is it same old Tigers?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Basic errors killed us again, Api not finding touch, Bula dropping the pass from Staines and Galvin giving away a silly 6 again on the 4th tackle changed the game. We were getting on top but instead kept putting ourselves under pressure.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 10
Share: