Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Titans Round 15 2024

(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word : SPIRIT.. The whole team showed spirit, especially the young guys. Mason and Miller had solid debuts, Porter and Sione were solid, the Future is bright. Api is a legend.. I don't think anyone was bad!!..   

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
-- attachment is not available -- -- attachment is not available --

this was absurd. Api nailed it but the ref making him take it from the sideline was crazy

That’s Klein for you. Always good for a blunder or two.  

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thankyou Benji,well done in getting this most unlikely but unified bunch across the line.Nice press conference where you first and foremostly single out the Leichhardt faithful,the suffering supporter base and express your gratitude and appreciation for their turning up in full voice.  
  I think the faithful recognise and gave full voice to what you and this squad have been through,particularly in the last week where things had reached a pretty ugly crescendo.To me you’ve conducted yourself with plenty of poise and dignity;accordingly your charges refuse to lie down.Well done coach!

Frullens, TigerTon, Kades79 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 2878
IMG 2877

this was absurd. Api nailed it but the ref making him take it from the sideline was crazy

I said the same during the game.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

This game was dumb v dumber seriously…. Lucky we were dumb in this one. Gets us off the bottom for now. 
Is it just me or does Sezer have the weirdest general kicking game in the world ??

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Our attack looked much crisper today and we seemed to be playing with some intent and looked less confused in opposition 20. I hope Galvin was paying attention and I look forward to him linking up with Sezer again. Sezer's use of Sam Fainu should be the blueprint going forward. Every player had a dig and whilst there were some bad misses in defence alot of the time it was down to over exuberance. Naden had a quiet game, which i think is not a bad thing, rest of the team did well and our debutantes were solid. 

My one word is exuberance, every player showed it today and it won us the game.

Tiger5150 and Kades79 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @loganr21

This game was dumb v dumber seriously…. Lucky we were dumb in this one. Gets us off the bottom for now. 
Is it just me or does Sezer have the weirdest general kicking game in the world ??

Yes! It is not conventional by any means. He seems to have a roundhouse style which does not produce distance or a lot of height at times either. Some of his short kicks are last minute and no-one knows they are coming so not ready for the chase.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @garry

-- attachment is not available --
-- attachment is not available --

I said the same during the game.

Did Klein make him take it wider or was it voluntary? Kickers will often practice their sideline kicks a lot more than 5-10m in from touch, so they're more comfortable and this happy to go with the wider angle. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Our attack looked much crisper today and we seemed to be playing with some intent and looked less confused in opposition 20. I hope Galvin was paying attention and I look forward to him linking up with Sezer again. Sezer's use of Sam Fainu should be the blueprint going forward. Every player had a dig and whilst there were some bad misses in defence alot of the time it was down to over exuberance. Naden had a quiet game, which i think is not a bad thing, rest of the team did well and our debutantes were solid. 

My one word is exuberance, every player showed it today and it won us the game.

this is very true. We didn’t have that many sets inside their 20 and we did end up being tackled on the last a few meters out but there is defiantly some improved line running. Still a little bit too sideways but at least some threat to inside runner (olam!) and we got better results.

crazy that the titans stopped shifting to their left after getting an overlap the first 5 times their tried. We almost lost the game a few times only to be saved by a titan error and they are coming second last and without their best two players. Still, nice for the kids to get a win at home for the supporters and we can get off the “haven’t we on is X games” streak

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Was at the game so not as easy to analyse, however:

- One word = scramble (our first up defence wasn't great but thought we scrambled well to stop a fair few tries). 

- Stef is a monster, hoping he can develop that type of consistency sooner rather than later (he is still young for a prop)

- Alex Seyfarth had a great game. Just seemed to make 10+ metres every hit-up and in crucial times when we were struggling to get out of our own end (thought he went OK in that link role too when Justin went off). 

- There is one thing i'm more shocked with than us winning a game of football.... How did Naden and Seyfarth not give away a penalty in 80 minutes? 

- Makes me nervous when we play players out of position (Faataape on the wing...isn't he an out and out centre?) 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

One word: Professional

The opposite of last week.

no dumb penalties, mistakes or plays.

A win built off determination, grit and spirit.

well done. 

ReplyQuote
(@rach09)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word: Discipline 

It's been my biggest issue all year, their lack of discipline, but this was their most disciplined performance this year. It's like they finally drew a line in the sand regarding this issue and refused to cross it. 

I certainly hope this is a turning point in regards to this area of the game. 

Tiger5150, TGRZMN, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I am going to recycle my one word for (I think) the fourth time this year.....Character.

It wasnt a flashy or pretty win but in the face of a massive list of unavailable players, with so many kids  and inexoerienced players in the team, the way the team lifted and even better grew and grew as the game went on was really encouraging.

Early in the game Titans looked like they might run us around and made 9 line breaks to 2 but we kept coming back and as the game went on you could see and sense the self belief in the team build and we always looked a chance. A key moment for mine was late in the game we were trapped down in our half for an extended time, leading by 2 and we needed a circuit breaker to get back to the other end and it was Stef that smashed us up the field and everything came of the back of that.

Great to meet another Tigers fan yesterday. Hope to catch up again and have a chat. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

My one word is the same as last week, control, this time the experience & control in the halves helped a lot. Very happy for all concerned.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @rach09

One word: Discipline 

It's been my biggest issue all year, their lack of discipline, but this was their most disciplined performance this year. It's like they finally drew a line in the sand regarding this issue and refused to cross it. 

I certainly hope this is a turning point in regards to this area of the game. 

Yes, even Nado seemed to keep it cool. He was quiet 2nd half but noticed him a little inconvenienced by a what I think is a thumb injury. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10
Share: