Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Titans Round 15 2024

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

My one word. Deserved. So many big efforts to make this win happen. Did I just say Win? 😳 

Every reason not to win on paper but adversity overcome by effort and team spirit. They should all be proud. I know I am proud of them. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

My one word is Juniors: they are the future of the club. No sin bins. Only a few mistakes. A very good effort indeed

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I've had to pull out late, which is a very good sign for our chances. 

Proved the deciding factor in the end… lol

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

One word: heart 

One of the most inexperienced teams in NRL history, on the back of a 9 game losing run, completely shorn of confidence. The Titans had our number in terms of size, talent, athleticism and experience. Should have won comfortably. But somehow our guys dug deep and found enough to keep them out and win the game. 

You could really see the belief and confidence grow throughout the game - hopefully they carry that into next week. 

ReplyQuote
(@daniel67)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My one word: Mature

There were a lot less immature, dumb errors 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

We hung in and hung in and somehow got the win. We did a Melbourne Storm. So my one word is Melbourne.

Well done to the boys, maybe this game will give them confidence for the games ahead.

Bad luck to Galvin, missed out on a win.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

two words

Leichardt Magic

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

A great win, but the highlight of my night was meeting Garry and 5150 in the chairman’s lounge.

ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word: Home - how good to finally have a proper home game and a hard fought win.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

A great win, but the highlight of my night was meeting Garry and 5150 in the chairman’s lounge.

Mate it was great to meet you as well, better still was the post win chat we had.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

So happy to finally have a win, it has been a long long time between drinks.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Topic starter  

I am going to recycle my one word for (I think) the fourth time this year.....Character.

It wasnt a flashy or pretty win but in the face of a massive list of unavailable players, with so many kids  and inexoerienced players in the team, the way the team lifted and even better grew and grew as the game went on was really encouraging.

Early in the game Titans looked like they might run us around and made 9 line breaks to 2 but we kept coming back and as the game went on you could see and sense the self belief in the team build and we always looked a chance. A key moment for mine was late in the game we were trapped down in our half for an extended time, leading by 2 and we needed a circuit breaker to get back to the other end and it was Stef that smashed us up the field and everything came of the back of that.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Great to meet you as well Avo, particularly on such a special occasion. A really good night, thanks to Garry, good to meet you Avo and have a great chat and also good to briefly meet Russtutty and Yotti earlier as well. Also great to meet and chat to Kelly & Brett.

A great group of like minded (troubled) souls. Thanks to all.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @kiwitiger

Wow 2 line breaks and now a try down our left side.

The titans are going to go down there for the game

They did until Olam started belting their centre and then they stopped going that way.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

IMG 2878
IMG 2877

this was absurd. Api nailed it but the ref making him take it from the sideline was crazy

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10
Share: