Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Titans Round 15 2024

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Want to give Benji a rap, thought he used the bench well yesterday but particularly liked the use of Alex off the bench & starting with Porter. Both did a great job. Alex was enormous off the bench. By the way how good is it seeing Porter play some NRL. Loved how he said what has really kept him going is he wanted to show his son never give up. I dips me lid to you Reuben. 

ReplyQuote
(@tristo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word- 70 minutes

In my opinion we still weren’t able to play the full 80 minutes, falling asleep in defence allowing them a lot of line breaks, but very happy to get that win with a very hard few weeks coming up with the likes of storm and rosters.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

My one word Tribal. It’s such a shame this ground is not home. Really think Leichardt has to be home after renovations.  Visiting teams seem to really hate it.

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Another one word, teenagers, not only do I wish I could be one again but to see 4 or 5 make their NRL debuts over the past 9 months is special. They’ve all got hard roads in front of them but they’ve already achieved one goal so congratulations to all of them. 

This post was modified 6 days ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Another one word, teenagers, not only do I wish I could be one again but to see 4 or 5 make their NRL debuts over the past 9 months is special. They’ve all got hard roads in front of them but they’ve already achieved one goal so congratulations to all of them. 

Let’s develop them into the best athletes they can be. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

This game was dumb v dumber seriously…. Lucky we were dumb in this one. Gets us off the bottom for now. 
Is it just me or does Sezer have the weirdest general kicking game in the world ??

I get what you are saying, but I actually thought we played a lot less "dumb" than other games this season and thats probably how we won. Where we are usually "dumb" (insert Dumb & Dumber reference) I thought last night we were "more simple" (Tropic thunder reference) and that simple game allowed us to claw the win.

and Yes Ive noticed Sezers weird kicking as well, he seems to kick across the ball, always a lot shorter than it looks.

This post was modified 6 days ago by Tiger5150

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @lorenzo

Our attack looked much crisper today and we seemed to be playing with some intent and looked less confused in opposition 20. I hope Galvin was paying attention and I look forward to him linking up with Sezer again. Sezer's use of Sam Fainu should be the blueprint going forward. Every player had a dig and whilst there were some bad misses in defence alot of the time it was down to over exuberance. Naden had a quiet game, which i think is not a bad thing, rest of the team did well and our debutantes were solid. 

My one word is exuberance, every player showed it today and it won us the game.

crazy that the titans stopped shifting to their left after getting an overlap the first 5 times their tried. We almost lost the game a few times only to be saved by a titan error and they are coming second last and without their best two players. Still, nice for the kids to get a win at home for the supporters and we can get off the “haven’t we on is X games” streak

Garry & I talked about this and wonder if it had anything to do with Olam whacking that centre 3 or 4 times that they stopped going there?

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tristo

One word- 70 minutes

In my opinion we still weren’t able to play the full 80 minutes, falling asleep in defence allowing them a lot of line breaks, but very happy to get that win with a very hard few weeks coming up with the likes of storm and rosters.

Welcome to the forum

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @lorenzo

Our attack looked much crisper today and we seemed to be playing with some intent and looked less confused in opposition 20. I hope Galvin was paying attention and I look forward to him linking up with Sezer again. Sezer's use of Sam Fainu should be the blueprint going forward. Every player had a dig and whilst there were some bad misses in defence alot of the time it was down to over exuberance. Naden had a quiet game, which i think is not a bad thing, rest of the team did well and our debutantes were solid. 

My one word is exuberance, every player showed it today and it won us the game.

crazy that the titans stopped shifting to their left after getting an overlap the first 5 times their tried. We almost lost the game a few times only to be saved by a titan error and they are coming second last and without their best two players. Still, nice for the kids to get a win at home for the supporters and we can get off the “haven’t we on is X games” streak

Garry & I talked about this and wonder if it had anything to do with Olam whacking that centre 3 or 4 times that they stopped going there?

That definitely helped, but I think they got their communication better after a while too. Olam and Sezer were caught going for the same man a few times on those early breaks and the first try. 

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10
Share: