Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Storm Rd 18 2024

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

One word: youth 

we are playing like you’d expect from a team full of youth. Good patches, poor patches, inexperienced errors. We have things to work on but it’s coming slowly. 

a couple of our senior players are letting them down. Add next year’s recruits and hopefully a couple more in the forwards and we’ve got a team 

Russtutty63, Frullens, Kades79 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry Why has Pole not been resigned , what is the issue with this club other than being mediocre! We have a CEO that  is more concerned giving a certain front rower twice what he is worth ! The forward that is progressing into a real force is left wondering if the club is interested in him … he is going to be in big demand and will command a considerable amount more now than if the club got of its backside and resigned a while ago . The club needs to gets it priorities right and see the potential that is starring them in the face .

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @frullens

Need to extend Pole asap

Pole grew up in Melbourne 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Need to extend Pole asap

Pole grew up in Melbourne 

That’s 💯correct…think he’ll resign with us… But we need a forwards leader and Stefano isn’t the answer. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

My word is impatient. I’m impatient to see this team when Luai & Turuva come. We’re going to give plenty of defences headaches when Luai is working with Api, Jahream, Sam, Fonua, Olam etc. Lachie just needs to work on that kicking game but he’s obviously a superstar in the making. At this point last year I wouldn’t have felt much optimism at all but there are signs there’s a team starting to build.

Rach09 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @russtutty63

My word is impatient. I’m impatient to see this team when Luai & Turuva come. We’re going to give plenty of defences headaches when Luai is working with Api, Jahream, Sam, Fonua, Olam etc. Lachie just needs to work on that kicking game but he’s obviously a superstar in the making. At this point last year I wouldn’t have felt much optimism at all but there are signs there’s a team starting to build.

I’m not feeling anything different to the last 10 or so years. We’ve got 8 more games to improve on our poultry 4 wins we’ve achieved in the past 2 seasons. Losing the last 2 I can see going on another streak. And btw the two coming from Penrith are not saviours ‼️

GROUNDHOG DAY is real…. Thank you Wests Tigers 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @Anonymous

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’m not feeling anything different to the last 10 or so years. We’ve got 8 more games to improve on our poultry 4 wins we’ve achieved in the past 2 seasons. Losing the last 2 I can see going on another streak. And btw the two coming from Penrith are not saviours ‼️

GROUNDHOG DAY is real…. Thank you Wests Tigers 

Fair enough, can understand some not seeing what I see as we all look for different things in games and there’s no wrong or right, it’s pretty much subjective. I could be wrong, been wrong that many times it’s par for the course now. Maybe I just feel there’s something building, I don’t know but I’m still impatient to see Luia, Turuva and hopefully one or two more come in next year and see how these young guys improve. I should’ve mentioned Jordy Miller & Luke Laulilii as well because they’ll be so much better next year too. I’m excited about that and at my age you take what you can get in terms of excitement. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Russtutty63

TigerSteve and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

We win if AD doesn't try to do it all himself.

Your bias against Doueihie is showing. 

Boonboon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

My one word is Censored for obvious reasons.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@russtutty63 Turuva is not much of an upgrade on Staines .. Staines scores the try’s like Turuva does when given the same opportunity, the only difference next season will be is Laui which is great but unless some big bloopers added to the pack bottom 4 again next season that’s what I see .

This post was modified 3 months ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@loganr21 This knuckle head needs to be banished to reserve grade for the rest of the season .. yes Benji they did score 12 points while he was in the bin do something about it . There HAS be higher standards applied as this is just amateur hour! Game after game.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Olam needs more time to get his knee right- not sure whether he will ever be full strength though given he has already had quite a long time in recovery. He is still impactful but his lack of speed and lateral movement is clearly an injury and one he might not recover from. He has lauchie inside him who is generally an ok defender but faatape outside him didn’t work.

klemmer is borderline NSW cup material at the moment, his stats aren’t terrible but he has no impact on the game

bateman is too small and ineffective in our leaderless pack. The game has passed him by or he needs to go to a pack where his variation is more useful than our current setup.

Staines has heart which is a redeeming quality but is too small for starting first grade. He’s going to get replaced by Taruva next year but ok for him to play on the right for the rest of the season, at least he gives it his all.

Matamua continues to impress me despite his short minutes (was he injured in off season? Why does he have such a small engine?). His link play and digging into the line provides nice space for our shape, particularly our impressive left edge. I’m really happy for him to start every game now and build his minutes.

Douhie is a very very strong runner of the ball and gets some really nice meters when we need some extra effort coming out of our redzone. Doesn’t do anything to setup his outside man however (always takes the run) which is kind of important as a big bodied centre. I wonder if he has a chance as converting into a rangy back rower? I guess he needs to work on his defence. Perhaps easier to teach him to pass.

ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word. Chances. 

I thought we had more chances in the first half which we didn't ice. We should have had a comfortable lead but somehow went into the break down. 

Just in terms of the Stef debate. He has been copping a lot on both forums. However at the moment he is the best prop we have. When opposition teams are preparing for us they would circle him out as the main forward to shut down. Similar to cricket when the teams target opposition captains. 

He is a young and will only improve. With experience will come consistency. Everyone has seen how damaging and impactful he can be. 

I know he has been below par and some of his efforts over the last month have not been acceptable however there is no way I take NAS or Hunt over him. It's just up to the club to decide how much they think he is worth. 

Cheers. 

ReplyQuote
(@rach09)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My one word is Pole.

Best game he has played for the club and he continues to outshine Stef. He has to be a priority signing moving forward. 

TGRZMN and Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My word... Sin-bin.

Yet again it really cruelled any chance we had, the game was still in the balance. It might have been a bit of a harsh call but just a dreadful play from Faatape.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 9
Share: