Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Storm Rd 18 2024

(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mike

One word - squandered. That game was winnable and we squandered the opportunity. Mainly let down by the senior players again, such as Bateman & Klemmer, making unforced errors. 

These senior players have let us down every week they have played. Both are pathetic leaders.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

One word - 2025

With laui here next year- I can see us scoring 24+ a game

Which is going to make us much more competitive 

Also see Laui helping Api to hold standards 

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @skippa13

My one (two) word is sin bin.

A quick scan of games since round 10 show we have conceded 66 points while having players in the sin bin. 66 points because of poor discipline and crap refereeing in 9 games. Tonight it cost us 12 points, not to mention energy and momentum.

I think that was official bias, conscious or unconscious. For that type of sin bin I think there needs to be some intent, there was none. A similar incident down the other end where I think it was Bula who was taken while in the air, just a penalty, no sin bin. There were also a number of disruptors by the Storm. No penalty play on.

Doueihi gets taken out by an elbow, no attempt to tackle, play on. You can guarantee that if that was Seyfarth  or Bateman it would have been a sin bin.

The Storm were laying all over us the whole game, a couple of six agains but mainly play on. Tigers do it, immediate six again when the Storm are attacking our line.

We lost by 12, they scored 12 during the sin bin. But geez some of the senior players, Klemmer and Bateman, made some fundamental errors handing the ball over at critical times, and I put Stefano in that category as well. 

That was a winnable game and we stuffed it. 

Agree with all of this.

My word is Frustration

Not so much at the team. I cant fault the effort and we were in taht game for alot of the game, we never gave up and kept coming back at them. My frustration is at the officiating. You know we are going to cop it when there is a chance to. That sin binning, I only saw it at the game....maybe a penalty. Not sure where he was supposed to disappear to.

So many times we see things going against us and for the opposition. last week penalised for "passing off the ground" and twice tonight they were play on for the same thing.

I am really just over it. It was a tough contest and then completely ruined for garbage.

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

One word - Potential 

We played great against the team leading the comp. 

Boys really put in, scored more points against Storm then almost anyone has all year just needed a little more class but not far off at all. 

Plenty played great tonight - Pole, Bateman, Sezer, Douehi, Staines, Bula, Sam Fainu all had really good games. 

1. We are really getting it together. Laui and Turuva and some more experience for the young guys will really bring us into next year 

Russtutty63 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Some perspective I guess. Saw a post elsewhere that basically said it’s easy to put a high score on the team coming last. It’s hard to put 28 on the team coming first. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

We win if AD doesn't try to do it all himself.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

My 1 word. Courageous. Never gave up even when the game was gone. Just missing a few experienced heads. Well done boys!

Frullens and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Need to extend Pole asap

Top 8 2023

Skippa13, Mike, Tiger5150 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

Need to extend Pole asap

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word. Loyalty. For all the Tigers fans who turn up to home games despite the results over the past decade. Great turn up tonight at Leichhardt.

Rach09, Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @skippa13

My one (two) word is sin bin.

A quick scan of games since round 10 show we have conceded 66 points while having players in the sin bin. 66 points because of poor discipline and crap refereeing in 9 games. Tonight it cost us 12 points, not to mention energy and momentum.

I think that was official bias, conscious or unconscious. For that type of sin bin I think there needs to be some intent, there was none. A similar incident down the other end where I think it was Bula who was taken while in the air, just a penalty, no sin bin. There were also a number of disruptors by the Storm. No penalty play on.

Doueihi gets taken out by an elbow, no attempt to tackle, play on. You can guarantee that if that was Seyfarth  or Bateman it would have been a sin bin.

The Storm were laying all over us the whole game, a couple of six agains but mainly play on. Tigers do it, immediate six again when the Storm are attacking our line.

We lost by 12, they scored 12 during the sin bin. But geez some of the senior players, Klemmer and Bateman, made some fundamental errors handing the ball over at critical times, and I put Stefano in that category as well. 

That was a winnable game and we stuffed it. 

Agree with all of this.

My word is Frustration

Not so much at the team. I cant fault the effort and we were in taht game for alot of the game, we never gave up and kept coming back at them. My frustration is at the officiating. You know we are going to cop it when there is a chance to. That sin binning, I only saw it at the game....maybe a penalty. Not sure where he was supposed to disappear to.

So many times we see things going against us and for the opposition. last week penalised for "passing off the ground" and twice tonight they were play on for the same thing.

I am really just over it. It was a tough contest and then completely ruined for garbage.

I thought the binning was correct, was just a pinpoint kick that they did much better than us. Yeah we tried hard but it amounts to diddly. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @natmac78

My word. Loyalty. For all the Tigers fans who turn up to home games despite the results over the past decade. Great turn up tonight at Leichhardt.

only 10,000 fans at LO, looked pretty packed out there, must be a hole in the fence 

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

One word: fitness 

We were out on our feet in the second half, whereas the storm looked as though they could have played another 80 (despite losing two to injury). Line speed was amazing (if barely legal at times), and their general effort levels with and without the ball were lengths ahead of ours. 

I'm surprised about the mild positivity after that game. I thought the Storm were well below their best and were absolutely there for the taking. 

Olam was cooked after after about 4 mins - was on one leg all night. Faatape was a liability on the wing as we all expected. Ridiculously harsh sin bin, but he is out of his depth out there. 

It really is a depressing existence following this team. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

My one word is Phazes… we had control of the first half but went in behind. We just manage to dick things up at the worst times. 
I’ll add one more word and that’s composure‼️‼️ and it is our seniors that aren’t that. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

My word is outcoached. Lot of effort from (most) of the playing group but Benji’s complete lack of experience and coaching expertise is really hurting us. When you’re the worst team in the comp, you need a good coach to get you off the bottom. We don’t have that. 

Rach09 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 9
Share: