Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Souths Rd 20 2024

(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

My one word: unchanged. Same dumb stuff plus some new ones. Not many positives as any other team beats Souths by 20 today.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mac_tiger

My one word: unchanged. Same dumb stuff plus some new ones. Not many positives as any other team beats Souths by 20 today.

’plus new ones’ made me chuckle 

Mike and Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

There was a 3min passage of play that sums up this Tigers team perfectly and IMO encapsulates what the coaching staff have to fix in this team.

3:40 - Galvin kicks a bomb to left corner, clear knock on by LL and even though its an obvious knock on, no one from the Tigers chases the ball and tries to regather and Souffs can just calmly stand and watch the ball slowly roll touch in goal. As a result, Souffs get a 7 tackle set tap at the 20 rather than a restart 10m out. Doueihi doesnt chase and just stands there with his hands in the air having a crack at his own team mates.

4:10 - 1 tackle later Bateman gives away a soft penalty under no stress for offside and Souffs kick it deep down field.

5:30 - On the ensuing set, on the 5th tackle we give away a repeat set then a penalty for offside, right on our line.

6:00 - second tackle, on our line, defence completely set, ONE PASS FROM THE RUCK to a prop and he runs to the line and is confronted by no one but Bula. How does it happen that adjacent the post they simply throw it to a prop and there is no one in front of him other than a skinny fullback.

That 3 mins sums us up IMO and I also think its coaching to be honest.

Agree. 

We just don't have our heada in the game to compete on every little play.

Most of it is the senior players. Our senior players are an embarrassment to themselves, to their family and to all of us. Klemmer and Bateman the absolute worst players in the NRL.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Chris

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Group

Rach09 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

So how did it go hoppy?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mike

So how did it go hoppy?

Chris was great, recorded the chat so will probably release it in the coming days. I would have lied a few more people.

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

-- attachment is not available --

Fantastic to see.....name and shame, which forum members are in the pic?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

My one (two) words of the week are Whitney Houston, as in that well known rugba loig prophet and soothsayer who said "I believe the children are our future, teach then well and let them lead the way...". Wise words Whitney.

A top 8 team can be built around.....

1. Bula

2. Luke Laulilli

6. Galvin

7. Latu ( I know Luaia will play here but.....we have Latu)

9. TDS (after Api obviously)

10. Pole

12. Sa Fainu

13. Sione?

14. Latu?

ReplyQuote
(@rach09)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word: winnable.

We should have won but we are lacking footy IQ and real leadership 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

My one (two) words of the week are Whitney Houston, as in that well known rugba loig prophet and soothsayer who said "I believe the children are our future, teach then well and let them lead the way...". Wise words Whitney.

A top 8 team can be built around.....

1. Bula

2. Luke Laulilli

6. Galvin

7. Latu ( I know Luaia will play here but.....we have Latu)

9. TDA (after Api obviously)

10. Pole

12. Sa Fainu

13. Sione?

14. Latu?

The other Whitney Houston song that comes to mind is ‘I have nothing’ lol.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @rach09

One word: winnable.

We should have won but we are lacking footy IQ and real leadership 

I think the leadership part (especially with Api out) is the big hole. Luai has shown he’s a leader which is a positive for next year 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Too many kids in a man's game. Our squad construction has been beyond appalling. 5 teenagers in the 17 today, plus the two older Fainus and Faatape with only a handful of games each. Throw in the inexperienced coaching staff and it's a miracle we've won 4 games. 

Attitude lacking again - tiger5150's scenario is a perfect example. I can accept the errors due to inexperience or whatever, but there's still just too much that we get wrong due to lack of effort. Inexcusable. 

Nice to see the kids scoring some points, but just so frustrating to watch this garbage week after week, year after year. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Too many kids in a man's game. Our squad construction has been beyond appalling. 5 teenagers in the 17 today, plus the two older Fainus and Faatape with only a handful of games each. Throw in the inexperienced coaching staff and it's a miracle we've won 4 games. 

Attitude lacking again - tiger5150's scenario is a perfect example. I can accept the errors due to inexperience or whatever, but there's still just too much that we get wrong due to lack of effort. Inexcusable. 

Nice to see the kids scoring some points, but just so frustrating to watch this garbage week after week, year after year. 

To be honest, I believe our kids were let down by our senior players today and have been for most of the season. The kids are good, the senior players are rubbish, including the one that keeps saying that if the younger players don't follow then they can go back to reserves.

CanberraTiger, Mike, The Last Ronin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @dirty-reds

To be honest, I believe our kids were let down by our senior players today and have been for most of the season. The kids are good, the senior players are rubbish, including the one that keeps saying that if the younger players don't follow then they can go back to reserves.

Don't disagree with that. Bateman in particular was garbage today. Klemmer barely played (but still got more mins than Miller - what's the point of him playing up?), Doueihi still can't tackle and so on. 

I thought our wrestle was particularly bad today as well. Far too many quick PTBs allowed. Again, effort areas letting us down. 

TGRZMN and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share: