Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Souths Rd 20 2024

(@tristo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Stupid is my one word 

went to the ambush and appreciate what the guys put on for us but the footy that we put our was woeful saying this in the crowd with 5 minutes to go. Wee were in the lead and we pass the ball in the back like that it’s dumb. Also not one to complain about the refs but 4 times they pen us on the last tackle in our own 10 and the sin bin was a joke they just made up rules he hit him front on and didn’t touch his legs 

Rant over 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

My word is: ruefulness

ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

One word that gets used a lot …SOFT, soft tries, soft penalties, soft everything 

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

@tristo You might change your opinion on the sin bin after you have seen the replay. 

But yes some dumb plays today. That pass coming of the line by Bula when we are in the lead was crazy. 🤪 

Some very encouraging stuff in attack though and I think Stef played fairly strong today. What a thrill for the Fainu family today when all 3 of the brothers were on the field together. 

Skippa13 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

One word CATTLE need more , there is a good team in there but it’s obvious as we all know 40% of this team are boarder reserve graders or are past it .. Again the coaches  use of the bench has to be questioned if the players you select are only good for a short stint why bother with them ! Basically two props warming the bench . Disappointing but some great try’s scored there are positives,

This post was modified 2 months ago by Snake

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tgrzmn If Latu is ok his opening could be there Sezer you would think gets a few weeks with his record of the same issue .

Jedi Tiger and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @snake

@tgrzmn If Latu is ok his opening could be there Sezer you would think gets a few weeks with his record of the same issue .

Hope he gets the rest of the season TBH

Criz, Jedi Tiger and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tgrzmn

@tristo You might change your opinion on the sin bin after you have seen the replay. 

But yes some dumb plays today. That pass coming of the line by Bula when we are in the lead was crazy. 🤪 

Some very encouraging stuff in attack though and I think Stef played fairly strong today. What a thrill for the Fainu family today when all 3 of the brothers were on the field together. 

I thought the Bula pass was on, but the drop was cold. Yes we were up in the game, but with 15mins to play our defence wasn’t going to hold them out for that long so we had to keep changing our arm. With a stronger defensive team, the play would be to go 5 hit ups and complete, but unfortunately that ain’t us.

Agree, the sin bin was fair on replay. Hard to read the refs game. At one stage I was thinking he was going okay, but then the penalty count flashed on the screen and it was 7-1 against us. The calls didn’t seem as blatant bias as other weeks, but we were still on the wrong end.

All 3 fainus played well. I thought Sam was unlucky not to bust through a few times. Cook made some crucial one on ones against him.

ReplyQuote
(@tristo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tgrzmn I thought the legs have to swing around and go on the back of the legs? Not trying to argue just genuinely curious because he hit him on the chest and went toward our try line ? Cheers.

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)

My one word 

Tease-Dismantle 

They tease me to believe that we have a team to compete in 2025 and in one set coming of our own line they can dismantle any thoughts of moving forward.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tristo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@skippa13 I disagree with you I think that pass was a hospital ball no need for it at all doesn’t pass it we hit possession get to a good kick and defend it’s a different game

Criz and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word - Self-inflicted. We beat ourselves in this game. Souths would have lost by plenty to any other NRL team today. 

Rach09, Joel Helmes, Criz and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

My one word is: inexperience 

we are lacking the right leaders to control things at times of the game. they are trying hard and showing good signs but are getting over excited too often 

TGRZMN and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

There was a 3min passage of play that sums up this Tigers team perfectly and IMO encapsulates what the coaching staff have to fix in this team.

3:40 - Galvin kicks a bomb to left corner, clear knock on by LL and even though its an obvious knock on, no one from the Tigers chases the ball and tries to regather and Souffs can just calmly stand and watch the ball slowly roll touch in goal. As a result, Souffs get a 7 tackle set tap at the 20 rather than a restart 10m out. Doueihi doesnt chase and just stands there with his hands in the air having a crack at his own team mates.

4:10 - 1 tackle later Bateman gives away a soft penalty under no stress for offside and Souffs kick it deep down field.

5:30 - On the ensuing set, on the 5th tackle we give away a repeat set then a penalty for offside, right on our line.

6:00 - second tackle, on our line, defence completely set, ONE PASS FROM THE RUCK to a prop and he runs to the line and is confronted by no one but Bula. How does it happen that adjacent the post they simply throw it to a prop and there is no one in front of him other than a skinny fullback.

That 3 mins sums us up IMO and I also think its coaching to be honest.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

My word is wise. I was wise to decide to not watch the game.

NatMac78, Campo, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share: