Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Roosters Rd 17 2024

(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

I thought we were fairly good despite the scoreline. 

Played well for 32 mins of the first half and 35 mins of the 2nd half when down to 11. We were outclassed but the effort was their all game and we kept turning up. 

Think we are a long way ahead of where we were. Tough couple of weeks coming up but think we will win a few on the run home 

Tiger5150, Skippa13, TGRZMN and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In a weird way, I’m hoping Api gets suspended. He looks exhausted. He is the only player week in week out that gives 100% effort. if not, Benji should give him a week off.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigerton

My 1 word. Outclassed. Across the whole field.

Stole my word, but its the perfect word.

Our effort was good. We never gave up. We didnt hand over a lot of easy ball. We didnt do a lot of dumb stuff...we just arent in the same ballpark as these teams. They just did everything better. Just smashed by a better team.

100% what I was thinking as well. Just completely outclassed by a better side. 
We held it with them for periods but realistically it was a team of mainly rookies against a team of seasoned veterans 

Barra, Mercy Rule, Skippa13 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

In a weird way, I’m hoping Api gets suspended. He looks exhausted. He is the only player week in week out that gives 100% effort. if not, Benji should give him a week off.

Benji should learn how to use a bench properly and give him a break

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Benji should learn how to use a bench properly and give him a break

And whilst Im bitching about Benjis use of the bench....what is the go with using our 13 for 30mins a game? What other club has their 13 on the field for 30 mins? If Matamua isnt fit, you dont play him there..

CanberraTiger and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @natmac78

My word - Sinbin. We have missed it for the past two weeks. Back with bang tonight.  

Api’s Sin Bin was ridiculous. Sure he got him pass the horizontal, just, but they let him down pretty softly. A penalty yes, a sin bin no. With Doueihi’s I have no idea what constitutes a hip drop or a dangerous tackle anymore. Maybe it was maybe it wasn’t, I don’t think many know. 

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

My word - Sinbin. We have missed it for the past two weeks. Back with bang tonight.  

Api’s Sin Bin was ridiculous. Sure he got him pass the horizontal, just, but they let him down pretty softly. A penalty yes, a sin bin no. With Doueihi’s I have no idea what constitutes a hip drop or a dangerous tackle anymore. Maybe it was maybe it wasn’t, I don’t think many know. 

The only thing Doueihi could have done is let go.....its ridiculous. If Young didnt stay down and carry on its play on.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

One word: mismatch.

I dread this fixture every year, and I can't really remember many games over the last decade or so in which it hasn't looked like men against boys. 

The roosters are the ultimate establishment club and represent everything bad about the current NRL. Recruitment, intimidating officials, even down to the way they play the PR game with the media. Zero respect for them. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @mike

And it was on the back of another play that wasn't a penalty, but they got one because Collins basically refused to play the ball, on top of Radley and Keary carrying on. 

I knew we were going to be up against it when we had to use a challenge to get a penalty overturned early (Fainu blocking and picking up a kick), which actually should have been a pen our way in the first place. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

Benji not happy about the sin bins.

Description was “it’s a lottery” and we always seem to be on the wrong end of it 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Description was “it’s a lottery” and we always seem to be on the wrong end of it 

Good and I hope he gives up 10K if it continues. Otherwise we’re going to be continuely pissing into the breeze!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Stef’s market value will have plummeted after that performance. Good luck to whichever club signs him. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Kudos to Trent Robinson in the Roosters Presser who said that Api's should not have been a sin bin and thought the game should have been 13 on 13 for 80mins

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dirty-reds

One word: mismatch.

I dread this fixture every year, and I can't really remember many games over the last decade or so in which it hasn't looked like men against boys. 

The roosters are the ultimate establishment club and represent everything bad about the current NRL. Recruitment, intimidating officials, even down to the way they play the PR game with the media. Zero respect for them. 

Seriously, if the Roosters are compliant with the salary cap etc then the system needs to change. They can't have rep players in almost every position and be compliant. They have 2 origin props who can't even make the starting side and 2 blokes who would walk into most sides as fullbacks but play centre and wing. All cos they love the club apparently. It is BS. 

Barra and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

There must be some sort of mechanism whereby teams are told to table their player contracts and someone with a $2 Kmart calculator checks if they are compliant. 

I think Ian Schubert (ex roosters star) used to be the one to keep clubs compliant but now he manages the roosters salary cap. 🤔  Who would know where the loopholes are better than him.

They sure get good value for their dollar in Bondi.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8
Share: