Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Roosters Rd 17 2024

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Big test for the boys this week.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Unchanged 17 named other than Klemmer replacing kit on the bench. Olam on the extended bench. Seems a strange move. When I saw unchanged squad I assumed Olam must be injured still, so why name him in 22?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Expect this won’t be the 13 starting or final 17… keep the cooks in the dark I reckon. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

1. Bula
2. Faataape
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Luke Laulilii
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Pole
11. Porter
12. Samuela Fainu
13. Matamua

14. Mason
15. Sione Fainu
16. Seyfarth
17. Klemmer

18. Kit Laulilii
19. Staines
20. Da Silva
21. Bateman
22. Olam 

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mike

1. Bula
2. Faataape
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. L. Laulilii
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Pole
11. Porter
12. Sa. Fainu
13. Matamua

14. Mason
15. Si. Fainu
16. Seyfarth
17. Klemmer

18. K. Laulilii
19. Staines
20. Da Silva
21. Bateman

Yeah…….. Nah

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Well, I can understand why Benji has gone this way, he's simply showing faith in the guys who did the job last week and the week prior, with the exception being Kit who's made way for Klem. I think the players would feel pretty good about that after back to back wins and will be keen to repay that faith with another good performance and effort in training this week. Could still see a change or two I guess but if there isn't so be it. I'm sure the guys who run out will give it a crack & can't ask for more than that. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Klem will need to step it up this week, show some leadership and energy.  

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Unchanged 17 named other than Klemmer replacing kit on the bench. Olam on the extended bench. Seems a strange move. When I saw unchanged squad I assumed Olam must be injured still, so why name him in 22?

If Olam is fit, he should walk straight back in. He has been one of our best this year.  But if he is still busted, don’t name him in the reserves. Bateman and Staines are the same. We are not in a position where we need to risk injury by bringing ppl back early.

The only caveat is trying to protect the young ‘uns from a mauling this weekend. I don’t want to be the overprotective parent but it will only take a 50 point pumping by roosters or storm to undo all the confidence built over the past fortnight. Best cash in our chips now and not overplay the hand, particularly if we have seasoned first graders ready to come back and prove themselves against the upstarts.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Well it’s the late game Sunday (yuck) so more chance for Olam to come in I guess. But I’m sure Marshall is playing ducks and drakes with the team list. 

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I can’t wait for this game, but I reckon after 3 minutes I’ll regret it.

we all have Roosters so called supporter mates. I desperately want some ammo.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

We could give them a run for their money and jag an upset, however its that 15 - 20 min brain fade we have in all of our games that will kill us against the rorters, they have the players that could easily put 24+ points in on a 20 min period. 

I get the feeling the David Fifita episode has caused a bit of tension in the Roosters, layer on the Brandon Smith problem and half the team leaving next year as well as talk of multiple players asking permission to speak to other clubs (toupinua, wong) and it shows that all is not rosy in the Eastern Suburbs...it would be nice if a few journalists had the B...s to report on it, even if its not true. I feel like the team are not playing for each other, rather they are playing for themselves and to prove something to everyone else including the club. That's not healthy and cannot last for long and unless I'm way off the mark their performances will drop off (hopefully this weekend) they have had the same team now for the last few years and have been very hot and cold, everyone has them as clear favourites this weekend so they may (hopefully) be a bit complacent. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just on Luke Laulilii I think it’s important to cut him some slack should he have issues this week, hopefully not of course. But he has just turned 18, is transitioning from fullback to wing having only played a few Cup games in the position before last week and will be under greater pressure this week given the opposition. Our right hand side defence will also be tested by Keary etc. Hopefully Luke & Nado cope as well as last week but it’s just as likely to be otherwise because of the opposition. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

Just on Luke Laulilii I think it’s important to cut him some slack should he have issues this week, hopefully not of course. But he has just turned 18, is transitioning from fullback to wing having only played a few Cup games in the position before last week and will be under greater pressure this week given the opposition. Our right hand side defence will also be tested by Keary etc. Hopefully Luke & Nado cope as well as last week but it’s just as likely to be otherwise because of the opposition. 

Easier said than done. I’m sure a couple of dud games will be overlooked by the fan base, but look how quickly people have turned on Bula after just over 1 season of first grade. It comes with the territory when we are skipping key developmental periods in the lower grades, but it’s hard to be patient when we’re desperate for any sort of short term success.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I am heading out to the game, maybe the wet weather might keep the score close and that Roosters backline doesn't fire ?

thinking 

Roosters 18

tigers 10

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @skippa13

Posted by: @russtutty63

Easier said than done. I’m sure a couple of dud games will be overlooked by the fan base, but look how quickly people have turned on Bula after just over 1 season of first grade. It comes with the territory when we are skipping key developmental periods in the lower grades, but it’s hard to be patient when we’re desperate for any sort of short term success.

I don’t think a lot of people have turned on Jahream, most can see small improvements & understand where he’s come from, only one season played too. We have high hopes for him hence a little frustration sometimes but we get frustrated with just about every player outside of Api and now Samuela.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8
Share: