Clear all

WT v Eels Rd 27 SpoonBowl 24

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

SpoonBowl 2024

Early prediction: Wests Tigers by 40 and the juniors will run riot at Campbelltown. 

Russtutty63 reacted
(@Anonymous 79)

So it’s still on after last night’s broncos game. The positives are, home game, virtually going for 4 straight and the confidence must be high. 
I’m not at all worried 😝

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

So it’s still on after last night’s broncos game. The positives are, home game, virtually going for 4 straight and the confidence must be high. 
I’m not at all worried 😝

It is guaranteed after last night's eels loss.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Well, our guys will have close to the perfect preparation, confidence should be up, we’re at home (5 from 9 at C’town & Leichhardt so far), the bye should help those with a few niggles & extra time to work with the spine if Sezer unavailable. It’s a great chance to make the last game of the season an exciting time for us all & a wonderful opportunity to go into next season with some real positivity. We’ve all had little to enjoy past few seasons especially so let’s make the most of this & get into it. Tigers!!!

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I have to admit winning this game isn’t so much about avoiding the spoon but going into next season on the back of 3 wins. I guess which ever way you look at this game a win would positive in a lot of ways.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

I have to admit winning this game isn’t so much about avoiding the spoon but going into next season on the back of 3 wins. I guess which ever way you look at this game a win would positive in a lot of ways.

I agree mate. 16 or 17: terrible result no matter how you look at it BUT three from three to end the season and there's reason for optimism as the boys hit the training track for 2025

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigersteve

I agree mate. 16 or 17: terrible result no matter how you look at it BUT three from three to end the season and there's reason for optimism as the boys hit the training track for 2025

Very different going into next season without the tag of three time wooden spooners.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @garry

Very different going into next season without the tag of three time wooden spooners.

I don't think so. We've had 13 years of failure and been at the bottom of the table for 3 years now. 16th or 17th still reads as poor. Wooden spoon avoidance is something I suppose but it's a real reach. To me, more important is the momentum and belief three from three would give the playing group as they turn their thoughts to being competitive in 2025

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I don't think so. We've had 13 years of failure and been at the bottom of the table for 3 years now. 16th or 17th still reads as poor. Wooden spoon avoidance is something I suppose but it's a real reach. To me, more important is the momentum and belief three from three would give the playing group as they turn their thoughts to being competitive in 2025

So you are happy to hear all year next year that we are 3 times spoon recipients? 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

So you are happy to hear all year next year that we are 3 times spoon recipients? 

semantics imo. 16th, 17th - still crap. Of course I'd like to win against Parra but as I said more so because it builds belief

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

semantics imo. 16th, 17th - still crap. Of course I'd like to win against Parra but as I said more so because it builds belief

I don't think it semantics at all, come March no one is going to remember if we won 3 in a row to close out the season but they will definitely remember if we win our 3rd consecutive wooden spoon.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Getting off 17th and finishing with 3 wins really should give Benji some room and confidence to go into the preseason, learn from the year and make some tweaks. It should also help with recruitment 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

I don't think it semantics at all, come March no one is going to remember if we won 3 in a row to close out the season but they will definitely remember if we win our 3rd consecutive wooden spoon.

So no one remembers how poorly we finished the season last two years? Players won't remember how much improvement they showed at back end of year? Finishing year strongly will not be remembered? Of course the finish will be remembered. It's finishing 16th or 17th that really has no impact unless you're an NRL360 journalist 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

So no one remembers how poorly we finished the season last two years? Players won't remember how much improvement they showed at back end of year? Finishing year strongly will not be remembered? Of course the finish will be remembered. It's finishing 16th or 17th that really has no impact unless you're an NRL360 journalist 

Not by the rest of the league and potential recruits mate. The commentators and your favourite show (360) will hammer 3 wooden spoons, do you think one of them will mention that we finished with 3 wins?

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Not by the rest of the league and potential recruits mate. The commentators and your favourite show (360) will hammer 3 wooden spoons, do you think one of them will mention that we finished with 3 wins?

So according to you recruits will come because we finished 16th but not if we finished 17th? Respectfully disagree

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 11
Share: