Notifications
Clear all

WT v Dragons Round 14 2024

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Naden, Sullivan, Seyfarth, twal, papalli, kepaoa, tupou. These are players that seem to have low footy iq. They need to be replaced in the top 30. 

Outside of Galvin, Api and Sam Fainu there’s no one worth keeping. They’re all hopeless.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger5150 I understand where you’re coming from but I would argue that Richo,Benji,and a new board represent a whole lot more reason for optimism than the Pascoe/Hagipantelis administrations.

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @russtutty63

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

If I wasn't doing the podcast I wouldn't be watching another game this year. 

Not easy Steve, not easy but was it all that unexpected? We're back to back wooden spooners, coming off 8 straight losses, were without 5 or 6 of our starting 17 and already lacking depth against a team who were pretty much at full strength at home who'd just beaten the (depleted) premiers away from home. We've had more change at our club these past 10 months than any other club in the NRL and we have the most inexperienced squads up against one of the most experienced. The way I saw it we were good the first half except for a few errors which allowed the Dragons field position etc. We then lost the middle when the bench came on, a very inexperienced bench in comparison to the Dragons who had plenty coming off theirs. The 2nd half showed how to lose focus and momentum quickly and without a real general in the halves who could take some sort of control we lost the plot completely. Disappointing yet again but not unexpected due to the squad we have and the players unavailable right now. I did think Matamua showed some more good signs that first half and other guys were solid but nothing good out of the last 40 minutes. 

good logical, rational and calm post mate. You make sense. Sadly I can't be rational anymore. 12 years of ineptitude mate and we are told to ride it out again. To what end? The Stefano saga is the litmus test imo as to whether we are 'turning a corner.' The new admin is in place. New coach. New attitude. But our marquee prop walks. If he does, it shows we haven't yet begun our 13th rebuild. Just really really sick of it mate. As we all are

I can fully understand it. It’s always so difficult to know the season is over late May or early June. But this is a totally new situation when compared to previous years given the plans put into place. Think we all saw it as a new beginning, new admin, new coaching structure and a focus on fast tracking kids. Unfortunately that plan of fast tracking meant a lack of depth so we needed our best, most experienced players to be on the field as much as possible to win games or, at least, be competitive. With the exception of the 2nd half last night we have competed well. And I think most teams in the NRL so far this season have had a very poor 40 minutes, maybe one or two haven’t, I’ll check it. If there is a poor reaction to that loss last night when we play the Titans I’ll be very concerned. But it can’t just be a one off reaction either. Time will tell. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

@tiger5150 I understand where you’re coming from but I would argue that Richo,Benji,and a new board represent a whole lot more reason for optimism than the Pascoe/Hagipantelis administrations.

I agree with you, but Ive felt this way that we are improving and reason for optimism literally every year only for it to be snuffed out.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I've been madly trying to catch up with all the posts and have unfortunately forgotten who mentioned it first (apologies) but we were confronted by some very big humans last night. 

I remember watching the teams in their rooms just before they took the field. The Tigers got in their huddle and you could see them all. Then they switched to the Dragons and only about half the team fitted in the shot. 

I recall saying out loud to myself OMG those guys are big .. we are in trouble tonight.

All credit to the team that we held out and lead at half time.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tgrzmn

I've been madly trying to catch up with all the posts and have unfortunately forgotten who mentioned it first (apologies) but we were confronted by some very big humans last night. 

I remember watching the teams in their rooms just before they took the field. The Tigers got in their huddle and you could see them all. Then they switched to the Dragons and only about half the team fitted in the shot. 

I recall saying out loud to myself OMG those guys are big .. we are in trouble tonight.

All credit to the team that we held out and lead at half time.

So true. Physically we are miles behind some of the other teams. It honestly is our biggest issue. Worryingly, what is being done to correct this next season? Zilch.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Late to the show and haven't read many posts. 

My one word is sinbin. That flipped the whole game on its head. We were right in the mix, player goes for 10 and they score 14 points. Game over. 

Just a few things I noticed.. 

Bula was way deeper when receiving the ball off those sweep plays. That allowed him to be hitting the ball at pace and gave him a little more time. I thought they looked more dangerous and that needs to continue. However he still does need to straighten. 

I've wanted Staines gone but I thought he ran the ball with more vigour coming out of our own end. Had a lot more intent. Was surprised. 

I thought we struggled when Stef, Twal and Matamua went off. Pole was good but the other two I thought didn't handle the pace or intensity (could be wrong I haven't checked stats). 

Surely when we are undermanned Twal and Stef can and should be playing bigger minutes. 

Cheers 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rach09)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word: dejected.

I love these colours but my faith is being really tested. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't want to use this as an excuse, however it did happen at a critical moment, Zac lomax first try when we were still up 10 - 6 and was the try that gave dragons the lead. Alex, take your pick, twal or seafarth, were both at marker and both square, Moses suli had a run and the ref called out "Alex" now I don't know which Alex both seemed square, but Alex twal pulled out of the tackle and suli ran the length of the field, passed it to Lomax who scored a try....I watched the replay and it's clear as day that they are both square at marker I see this rubbish too often and it's really irritating. I think this is were the improve your discipline edict from benji can work against low footy IQ players, I think it was the first or second tackle in their 20 so a penalty could have been challenged, instead we give away the lead with a length of the field try....even though we scored again and led in to half time it was the moment we handed momentum back to the dragons.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lorenzo

I don't want to use this as an excuse, however it did happen at a critical moment, Zac lomax first try when we were still up 10 - 6 and was the try that gave dragons the lead. Alex, take your pick, twal or seafarth, were both at marker and both square, Moses suli had a run and the ref called out "Alex" now I don't know which Alex both seemed square, but Alex twal pulled out of the tackle and suli ran the length of the field, passed it to Lomax who scored a try....I watched the replay and it's clear as day that they are both square at marker I see this rubbish too often and it's really irritating. I think this is were the improve your discipline edict from benji can work against low footy IQ players, I think it was the first or second tackle in their 20 so a penalty could have been challenged, instead we give away the lead with a length of the field try....even though we scored again and led in to half time it was the moment we handed momentum back to the dragons.

It was even worse than that and a deliberate tactic. happened at least three times including the one you mention. The Dargons players getting a quick PTB where constantly walking forward off the mark, but also deliberately stepping the leg on the outside of the marker which immediately puts the marker out of position and out of play and every time the ref called our player out of the play.

This is where an experienced coach steps in....yes the ref should have picked it up but he didnt so the coach needs to tell his players to either wrestle in the stand up (get the underhook) or move back to get square. It was a deliberate tactic by the Dargons.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

If I wasn't doing the podcast I wouldn't be watching another game this year. 

Not easy Steve, not easy but was it all that unexpected? We're back to back wooden spooners, coming off 8 straight losses, were without 5 or 6 of our starting 17 and already lacking depth against a team who were pretty much at full strength at home who'd just beaten the (depleted) premiers away from home. We've had more change at our club these past 10 months than any other club in the NRL and we have the most inexperienced squads up against one of the most experienced. The way I saw it we were good the first half except for a few errors which allowed the Dragons field position etc. We then lost the middle when the bench came on, a very inexperienced bench in comparison to the Dragons who had plenty coming off theirs. The 2nd half showed how to lose focus and momentum quickly and without a real general in the halves who could take some sort of control we lost the plot completely. Disappointing yet again but not unexpected due to the squad we have and the players unavailable right now. I did think Matamua showed some more good signs that first half and other guys were solid but nothing good out of the last 40 minutes. 

good logical, rational and calm post mate. You make sense. Sadly I can't be rational anymore. 12 years of ineptitude mate and we are told to ride it out again. To what end? The Stefano saga is the litmus test imo as to whether we are 'turning a corner.' The new admin is in place. New coach. New attitude. But our marquee prop walks. If he does, it shows we haven't yet begun our 13th rebuild. Just really really sick of it mate. As we all are

I can fully understand it. It’s always so difficult to know the season is over late May or early June. But this is a totally new situation when compared to previous years given the plans put into place. Think we all saw it as a new beginning, new admin, new coaching structure and a focus on fast tracking kids. Unfortunately that plan of fast tracking meant a lack of depth so we needed our best, most experienced players to be on the field as much as possible to win games or, at least, be competitive. With the exception of the 2nd half last night we have competed well. And I think most teams in the NRL so far this season have had a very poor 40 minutes, maybe one or two haven’t, I’ll check it. If there is a poor reaction to that loss last night when we play the Titans I’ll be very concerned. But it can’t just be a one off reaction either. Time will tell. 

Except the Juniors also want out.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12
Share: