Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Dragons Round 14 2024

(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigersteve

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

If I wasn't doing the podcast I wouldn't be watching another game this year. 

I said last night in the live game thread I wasn’t going to watch them again this year, and this morning I’m even more firm on that. 

This club is an embarrassment and not worthy of anyone’s time or money. 

As for Richo, instead of only listening to what members have to say, maybe he should be trying to talk to people who aren’t members anymore, and convincing them why they should continue to support this disgraceful organisation as fans, let alone members. The onus isn’t on the fans, it’s on Richo, the coaching staff, and the players. I’m a member but I have no intention on renewing ever again.

This may be the worst professional sports team in Australia, and I don’t think we deserve our spot in the NRL.

nice to see you guys getting on my bus 🚌 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @helmesy

More one word submissions are being sought please 🙂

Aptitude … or there of throughout this organisation ‼️

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Why is that mostly every player that leaves this club becomes better players.. The four that played against us last night looked to have a personal vendetta against us.  As the opposite, players that come go backwards, okay Api the exception..there is something so wrong at this club and it aint improving.  Why would any player want to come here i ask??  Surely take a bit less where you see a future, im sorry i just dont seeing any future for this club.  I say move us to Perth and become the Western Tigers!! Lastly, why are players high fiving and laughing at the end of the game, they dont care why should i

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tigersteve I have not been to a game this season but thought a GA next week looked good ..after last night no way . We decided to renew membership this season on the back of the administration's overhaul, and thought things would pick up a little never expecting miracles . I have said from day one Benji was never going to succeed with the assistants he was given (Morris aside), the coaching staff have been apart of the terrible culture and mediocrity that this club has been for a decade .
How does culture change when the individuals that have driven the culture are now coaches of that organisation ,the crap about employing old boys is a failed exercise these guys are the culture we are all seeing .The only way we will continue supporting the club through memberships is if Richo  removes the reserves graders and employs PROFESSIONAL assistants, will give Benji another season as I think there is a good coach there but he needs help . 
The best signing the club has made in a decade needs to get the flame thrower out and burn the footy dept down over to you Richo!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Got to feel for the members attending the member's day on Monday , these are the individuals that have real heart to keep giving ,keep showing up . The players should be embarrassed to even roll up but seeing them laughing and joking after the game you see the mentality they do not give a crap , I come from a different era these fools would not last a minute in my day!!.

ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word - Nine. A cat gets nine lives and the tigers have burned up all nine in a row.

Back up word - Four. The four games at Leichhardt remaining this season might be the only chance we have of a win or at least a competitive game. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @Anonymous

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigersteve

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

If I wasn't doing the podcast I wouldn't be watching another game this year. 

I said last night in the live game thread I wasn’t going to watch them again this year, and this morning I’m even more firm on that. 

This club is an embarrassment and not worthy of anyone’s time or money. 

As for Richo, instead of only listening to what members have to say, maybe he should be trying to talk to people who aren’t members anymore, and convincing them why they should continue to support this disgraceful organisation as fans, let alone members. The onus isn’t on the fans, it’s on Richo, the coaching staff, and the players. I’m a member but I have no intention on renewing ever again.

This may be the worst professional sports team in Australia, and I don’t think we deserve our spot in the NRL.

nice to see you guys getting on my bus 🚌 

Dont worry I’ve been called negative for almost a decade. I had some hope at the start of the year we were on the improve. We’re not, we’re worse than ever.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast I get the feeling that Richo is applying  the blow torch to the roster and there is unrest within the squad ,for many the easy money is coming to an end .Unfortunately when this happens things go from bad to worse until the deadwood is removed . 

Joel Helmes, Mike, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

We can all blow up and say it's the end of the world however there is a fundamental issue in this team and that is at least 10 starting players would not be regular first graders in any other NRL team. Not just because they are crap but because a large number are not experienced enough, yes you can reference other teams that debut juniors that kill it, however these are usually a couple of players coming in to an experienced competent team. Lobb and alaimalo would look like superstars scoring a hat trick off the boot of dce, hunt, Munster, Hughes etc.. we are all raving about how great Api is and as a player i agree, however I put some blame on him for not controlling these guys and letting the game get away from them through stupid errors and poor discipline, if players are not respecting his directions on the field than they need to be dropped. I also have some sympathy for the absolutely horrible roster Benji has inherited and has to deal with.

My one word is defence, our defence was woeful, as soon as there was any second phase play we fell apart, we seem to defend ok against structured attacking teams like panthers and cronulla however unorthodox attacking teams that require scrambling defence and we are a rabble. 

Skippa13, Joel Helmes, Snake and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

“Overwhelmed” - like the previous two losing seasons, an outgunned, outclassed and inexperienced team has shown pluck for about half a season. But at some point, it all gets too much. And I fear we’re in for a bad (or should I say, worse) run. 

Guys in our system never seem to get better, they just stagnate or regress. If they improve, they leave. When they leave, they immediately start playing better. Forget Brooks, look at Tommy Talau. A donkey at the Tigers, he is one of Manly’s best. 

Our coaches are out of their depth. The lack of discipline is inexcusable. Sure, we moan about referees and hard calls, but the lessons are never learned. All teams try to push the rules, but the Tigers do it in the most unsophisticated and brainless way. We have lost players to hip drop suspensions week after week. Lesson? Don’t do it. Lesson learned? Not a chance. 

I respect Benji, but he has so much to learn, and badly needs a mentor. That Fiji stuff is a bad look. He’s a sitting duck for the agenda driven clowns at News Corporation.

What breaks this cycle? The back of house stuff helps. It just takes time. There is a desperate need for an experienced coaching unit. Give Benji some help! 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

We can all blow up and say it's the end of the world however there is a fundamental issue in this team and that is at least 10 starting players would not be regular first graders in any other NRL team. Not just because they are crap but because a large number are not experienced enough, yes you can reference other teams that debut juniors that kill it, however these are usually a couple of players coming in to an experienced competent team. Lobb and alaimalo would look like superstars scoring a hat trick off the boot of dce, hunt, Munster, Hughes etc.. we are all raving about how great Api is and as a player i agree, however I put some blame on him for not controlling these guys and letting the game get away from them through stupid errors and poor discipline, if players are not respecting his directions on the field than they need to be dropped. I also have some sympathy for the absolutely horrible roster Benji has inherited and has to deal with.

My one word is defence, our defence was woeful, as soon as there was any second phase play we fell apart, we seem to defend ok against structured attacking teams like panthers and cronulla however unorthodox attacking teams that require scrambling defence and we are a rabble. 

Brilliant post. 

I am hoping Luai can take some of that directing load off of Api. Players like Bateman are kind of like a 3rd string leadership as well but are being made to go to the captaincy level. He should be one of the old heads not a captain. All of the players are having to step up into roles above what they are capable of with a few exceptions 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My single word is Manhandled,it was going to be Inevitable but I see Tiger 5150 has taken it already.
  The post mortem is never much fun but really,going into that game with so much inexperience,what happened was hardly that surprising.What really hurt was the degree of the implosion,but that has happened even to some of the top teams this very season.Arresting the momentum St George had was beyond us and rather than try to settle down,we played low percentage catch-up.  
  Ironically though,in this game where we get flogged we showed some of the best attack we’ve displayed this year.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@plundermonkey Tomorrows story in the Telegraph lift out about Benji and family could not come at a worse time .

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @plundermonkey

Forget Brooks, look at Tommy Talau. A donkey at the Tigers, he is one of Manly’s best. 

This is confirmation bias imo. He's been in and out of the team and no better than he was here. Same handling issues have been a problem. 

Our roster construction and internal development are both incompetent and as a result, we'll be feeling the pain for some time. 

The dogs have gone outside the box a bit - recruiting solid character guys that can fill in a bit everywhere, on shorter term deals. They're moving upwards, so they're now more appealing to higher level recruits. It also gives them a bit of time to get their kids fully ready for FG, and only expose them to the top grade when they're ready. 

They look in the best shape of the rebuilding teams to me, so worth taking a bit of their plan on board. 

Frustrating thing about last night is that I don't rate the dragons. They're a big and hard team, but they don't really have the same medium/long term potential. And yet they could have scored 80 in that second half. 

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

One word: unprofessional 

This is their job. In particular these players who are highly paid or asking for big dollars.

The mistakes that are made. The stupidity of some of the decisions, it boggles my mind how highly paid professionals repeat this over and over and over.

The lack of accountability over the years for some of these players just shows in their performance. 

Look at Stefano. Play like crap, but hey, here is $800k a year for 5 years. 

No consequences and accountability. Very simple, just reward for poor performances.

Standards have to be higher and decisions need to be ruthless. 

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 12
Share: