Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Cowboys Rd 22 2024

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Hopefully they are mostly new (superstar) players debuting for the club not nrl debuts.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Hopefully they are mostly new (superstar) players debuting for the club not nrl debuts.

11 superstars would be nice but I’ll be pleased if 2 or 3 become superstars (Galvin & Sam most likely but there’s a couple of others could be very, very good in time). If 4 or 5 others turn out to be good, reliable first graders great, just put a few good players like Luai, Turuva, Api & maybe more to come around them & you’ll be fine. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

With all these debutants thought I’d have a go at putting a team together with a few others who have played only a few games and debuted last year.

Mason

L Laulilii

Faataape

Feledy (1 game 2023)

Alaimalo

Galvin

L Fainu

K Laulilii (1 game 2023)

Porter

Si Fainu

T Johannsen

Da Silva (5 games 2023)

Miller

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @russtutty63

With all these debutants thought I’d have a go at putting a team together with a few others who have played only a few games and debuted last year.

Mason

L Laulilii

Faataape

Feledy (1 game 2023)

Alaimalo

Galvin

L Fainu

K Laulilii (1 game 2023)

Porter

Si Fainu

T Johannsen

Da Silva (5 games 2023)

Miller

Not sure if that's more impressive or depressing that we have had to blood so many young players in such a short time. 

One thing is for sure, they haven't totally disgraced themselves and will be so much better next year for the experience gained in 24.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Mason

L Laulilii

Faataape

Feledy (1 game 2023)

Alaimalo

Galvin

L Fainu

K Laulilii (1 game 2023)

Porter

Si Fainu

T Johannsen

Da Silva (5 games 2023)

Miller

Not sure if that's more impressive or depressing that we have had to blood so many young players in such a short time. 

One thing is for sure, they haven't totally disgraced themselves and will be so much better next year for the experience gained in 24.

I totally agree with this. In previous years when we have debuted players it has been players like Zac Cini, Tumeth, Triston Reilly< Austin Dias etc and to be polite, they were outclassed.

IMO all of the debutants this year IMO looked like they had some future in NRL. For mine the jury is out on Faataape, and Feledy but the others look at least promising.

I think its also important to look at someone like Sione and realise it can take a few yearas for someone to find their feet.

TGRZMN and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Mason

L Laulilii

Faataape

Feledy (1 game 2023)

Alaimalo

Galvin

L Fainu

K Laulilii (1 game 2023)

Porter

Si Fainu

T Johannsen

Da Silva (5 games 2023)

Miller

The youngsters have not disgraced themselves at all, they have all put in effort. I can’t say the same about our so called experienced players ((Api is the exception).

Mercy Rule, Mike and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Mason

L Laulilii

Faataape

Feledy (1 game 2023)

Alaimalo

Galvin

L Fainu

K Laulilii (1 game 2023)

Porter

Si Fainu

T Johannsen

Da Silva (5 games 2023)

Miller

I don’t look at it either way. To me it just defines the early part of a club in transition. A part of the process of getting where you want to get to when you’ve been unsuccessful for so long.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

It’s game day… woohoo Wests Tigers by 20….

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Boys are having a decent crack. Some simple errors again killing momentum 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

geez we make it hard for ourselves. simple mistake after simple mistake

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Ice killed the momentum, selfish player. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

One word: cursed

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I still can’t work out the send off, first contact was on the chest

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Young guns:

Bula - 9/10. Breakout game in attack that we have been waiting forward. Backing up through the middle and chiming in nicely to backline moves offering options for Galvin

galvin - 7.5/10. Made a couple of errors but our entire attack hangs off him, even when Latu was on the field. Pass selection is sublime

Johannsen - 7/10. Nice debut, looked at home and had a similar impact to Porter. I could see him as an option to play 2RF if he has ball skills

Faatape - 6.5/10. Does what he does ie tried hard and did enough in attack to create some concerns for the cowboys but also made the characteristic defensive errors. The RHS defence is a real issue.

TDS - 8/10. Loved seeing him get extra minutes. Adds a spark and doesn’t let the team down in defence. Has a beautiful crisp pass.

Latu - 6/10. Didn’t get much of a chance even when on the field. Looked like Galvin was playing first receiver. Defence looked solid. A shame if he misses gametime with the HIA.

Overall: 7.5

ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word. Mathematical. We are a mathematical chance of making the finals in 2025.

Bula outstanding. He honestly has Hammer vibes about him. Looks like he is jogging but burns so many defenders so easily. He needs to back himself. At least he got a lot more touches tonight. We even tried an outside inside play for him. Hope we persist with that play because that inside ball at lazy, tiring defenders will pay dividends.

Both edge backrowers were fantastic. Take a bow Samuela and Porter. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: