Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rd 14 Tigers v Raiders

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don’t know if it has been mentioned as yet but there was an obvious forward pass in the lead up to that “push in the back” try. It was a pass to the winger and way forward, the linesman was perfectly in line with the pass but missed it. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

The crowd was only 11k on Friday night. Coming off a big last up win, I was expecting around 15k. I don’t know if it was poor marketing but we need to do more to attract bigger crowds. 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mike

Just watching the replay. In the last play and Brooks attempt at field goal, if Brooks falls over we get a penalty in front as the Raiders player hits Brooks leg on the way through. Inconsistency much.

-- attachment is not available --

He should have dived. Brooks just doesn't have that game-manipulating mentality.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Annesley confirms Bunker error and Jamal Fogarty’s second try should not have been awarded, and instead a penalty should have awarded to the Wests Tigers for a push in the back on Luke Brooks.

Always hearing from Annesley too late and with no consequence.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)

Posted by: @garry

They said Brooks had slowed and almost stopped, that’s why the push in the back was ignored. Wrong. As long as he doesn’t change direction Brooks can stop, slowdown or speed up if he wants to. Push in the back is not allowed. No try, Penalty to Wests Tigers. 

To be honest, he had the right to change direction as well once the ball bounced off the posts. He didn't change direction but it would have been fair to do so.

A fair few muppets on other social media platforms repeating the incorrect bunker's call that Brooks slowed up, as if Brooks isn't allowed to do that. He already had the defensive position, as you say, he can do as he pleases in contest of the football, so long as he doesn't run the attacker off his line, which Brooks does not. It's like basketball - once you are in place, you are in no obligation to move out of an attacker's way.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The more I think about the Brooks push in the back farce by the bunker is a disgrace. The whole point of the bunker is to take the “howler” out of the game. The fact that Annersely said it was reviewed but the bunker ref interpreted the rule wrong is ridiculous 

Eastiemagpie and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I think Brooks slows down to sight the ball, not on purpose to impede the attackers. In any case that shove deserves a penalty, dangerous play, could have caused a whiplash injury.

ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 13
Share: