Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game NRL Round 2 *Spoilers*

(@Anonymous 77)

Posted by: @loganr21

38-0 would be fitting… thanks Mr Maguire for your services.

I hate to admit it but I think the time has come for Madge to part ways with the WestsTigers.

There is absolutely no sign of improvement with this team it’s quite evident they are not advancing under his tenure to the point it’s becoming embarrassing.

The fans of this great club deserve more then the BS they served up today.

Enough is enough!! Heads need to start rolling.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Interchange was better..

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Very disappointing display although I think most of them were having a go - we were on the back foot from a couple of early mistakes and the momentum went with them. I'm not sure of the decision to run against the wind in the first half - it put us behind the eight ball from the kick off.

You can see the difference between Hastings and Brooks. Hastings is a pure footballer and plays what's in front of him - he runs when he should and moves the ball when he should - he also doesn't overplay his hand. Brooks on the other hand looks scared to make a decision.

Ken had a forgettable game starting with that first dropped bomb. I don't like to blame 'luck' for a loss but we certainly didn't get the rub of the green - every ball seemed to bounce the wrong way for us but we need to be more resilient.

Despite the score, I thought we defended as well as we could. They scored a couple from kicks and lucky bounces. There was a soft try through a crippled JTJ and Seyfarth getting caught out at marker but our general defence - especially in the middle - was pretty solid.

Off this game I'm concerned Peachy isn't a good fit for us. He doesn't see very professional and I'm worried it's not the right 'vibe' for us when trying to change culture.

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @geo-2

Interchange was better.

Not for Jimmy - he came off at 70 minutes and was crippled for about 50 of them.

ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@voice_of_reason 

37 missed tackles, 26 points against a team without Ponga.

Peachey laughing into camera..yes not a good look when getting smashed.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

Hastings needs to be handed the #7 jumper and told it’s his team.

Brooks can go and play tiddlywinks for all I care his had his day in the sun.

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Think Newcastle will miss the semis this year

we were pathetic and so were Roosters last week 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

This has to be some of the dumbest football I've seen. Absolutely nothing in attack or defence. So many stupid mistakes.

Brooks is just so meek it isn't funny. Gildart is a long way off NRL standard. Luciano can leave now. He does some good things but it is outweighed by the lazy crap he does. Roberts is done.

There are too many ifs in this team. If Roberts can get fit, if young gun "X" can take the next step, if Hastings/Gildart can cut it in the NRL. 

A major attitude shift is needed for just about all of the forwards, Noffa and Laurie. Laurie also needs some serious work on his positioning and defence. 

Tigers: stop putting out fluff articles every week and cut the 5 captain crap out. It draws to much attention to an underperforming team and it is embarrassing. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @campo

@voice_of_reason 

37 missed tackles, 26 points against a team without Ponga.

Peachey laughing into camera..yes not a good look when getting smashed.

Yup it wasn’t a good look with Peachey, but I don’t blame him tbh. We are absolutely rubbish!!

Seriously Brooks cannot see first grade next week! I know our forwards were bog average too but we need a half that can organise. Madden deserves a shot as does Rua and Starford.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I know plenty Hastings did nothing very ordinary but sounds like he is the new koala 

You are only putting Hastings down as you see him as a threat to Brooks. Brooks had a good debut season and one good year under Cleary. Other than those two years Brooks had been bog average. In the last three seasons Brooks has been a below average first grader. It’s ironic that the only thing Brooks has in his favour is his defence. The sooner he leaves the better for everyone, including Brooks himself. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @redman

@mike he lost it. Thought he lost it even before the ref asked to check it.

No he didn’t. He always had at least one hand on the ball at all times: 

Nah I thought he’d lost it too… but was more of a try than the warriors last try in the first half yesterday though 🙃

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

One thing that came out of today’s game, Ken is not an on field captain. We need someone getting in the refs ear. I think Ken is too nice a bloke for the modern day requirements of a on field captain. 

ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mike

One thing that came out of today’s game, Ken is not an in field captain. We need someone getting in the refs ear. I think Ken is too nice a bloke for the modern day requirements of a on field captain. 

And he won’t be asked back for any post game press conference’s…dull

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I've been a fairly staunch defender of Brooks over the years but I think he has demons which perhaps can't be exorcised here. I'm keen to go a few more weeks without changes but I fear for the near future.

We were bullied out of the game early and I'm hoping if we get a decent start we can see the expansive game we played against the Storm in the 1st half. Playing into the wind we were back to one off the ruck and absolute predictability.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike I want the team to succeed don't care who plays 6 or 7 as long as we win. Plenty on here death ride Brooks all of the time.

Thankfully Sheens sees Hastings as a lock when douhie is back so let's move it early and play Madden, our lock options are hopeless

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: