Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @celtic_tiger
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @snake

@voice_of_reason Got to stop blaming the forwards they played pretty well today . Attack  starts at the ruck the fact that the halves are being butchered to accommodate for one player just disjoints all movement , the centres seen no decent ball today . Again this is a team that has no idea what’s happening when they have the ball and that goes to coaching or lack of it .. this team has had 2 weeks to organise some type of attacking structure but once again ZIP . Unfortunately at the Tigers it’s who you know it was always going to be a dogs breakfast with Noddy and Farah in the box , Gardiner had the runs  on the board and should of been promoted to interim coach but that’s how it rolls at this club . Hopefully the Noddy/Farah power coaching team can devise a game plan that produces something better than 5 up and kick HOPEFULLY!

I agree with you, but Brooks was not at 6 for 50mins today. Hastings was terrible, AD was OK running but his playmaking was terrible (as expected after a long break). An inconvenient truth, Luke Brooks is our best 6.

I find it quite difficult to believe you actually watched todays game and arrived at that conclusion, sounds like confirmation bias to me.

AD was our best half today, better than Hastings and miles better than Brooks.

Running or passing?

You realise you are arguing about who our best half was in a game that we didnt score a try? In which AD was 6 for 2/3's of the game?

I’m not arguing about anything, anyone who watched the game today could see that AD had a good game especially given his lay off with injury.

Really? He played almost exclusively 5/8. Any TA's, any LBA's, any forced errors with kicks, any forced drop outs, any kicks that landed in the oppositions 10m?

Good game? He had a good game if he played centre.

Look mate AD could have had three tries, four forced drop outs and five LB assists and you would still insist he had a bad game so it’s pointless debating it.

in truth neither Hastings or Brooks did any of these things either and haven’t for weeks but you go ahead with slaughtering a player whose hasn’t even played a full game since being out for almost a year with injury.

Mate if AD did any of those things, it would have been a great game. Im open to it. I would love AD to stand up and make the position his own, its there to take, Brooks isnt setting it alight. Ive clearly stated that IMO Brooks is our best 6 but its best of a poor bunch.

Im an AD fan, I think he is one of our best players, but Ive not ever seen the skills required for a five eighth. He looks a great centre. His game today was a very good game for a centre. He played 6 today like Burton plays 4.

I also think you may have missed my point in my post above where I clearly stated "as expected after a long break".

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Look mate AD could have had three tries, four forced drop outs and five LB assists and you would still insist he had a bad game so it’s pointless debating it.

in truth neither Hastings or Brooks did any of these things either and haven’t for weeks but you go ahead with slaughtering a player whose hasn’t even played a full game since being out for almost a year with injury.

I'm surprised how defensive you are regarding AD. No-one wants him to fail, I hope he kills it wherever he plays, I just think at 6 he's a round peg in a square hole.

AD looked strong running wide and I contend that's where he's most dangerous in attack. Brooks and Hasting were ordinary because they're hamstrung by lack of 'go forward', and it's not going to change until we get better personnel up front.

On Hastings/Brooks, have you noticed how the team have gone backwards in the past few games? @Brookscoin said it perfectly above "Too many people judging our backs and spine when you need to win the forwards battle in rugby league."

I though Joffa and Garner were good but the rest were average. Kelma is just treading water and was in no-man's-land for the first try. Seyfarth is proving a letdown. Every ruck they bent us back. We had no line speed in defence and little penetration in attack.

Ken ran the ball back well but his attention to detail is poor. He had a bad miss on the second try and didn't even challenge for the ball in the final try.

Nofo was good, T'oa terrible and JTJ barely saw the ball. Our left side defence is a far greater concern than our right.

Jedi Tiger and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigerlily
Posted by: @tigerlily

Seyfarth and Kelma make a lot of stupid mistakes during the most crucial periods of a game.

Good thing Kelma is off to Manly next.

Seyfarth should be told he needs to find another club also.

Toa is a reverse grader offers nothing.

Daine is a number 6 or 14 he is not a fullback, we need to go after that fullback that played for Fiji in the representative round.

Early in the season (rounds 1 or 2) I thight Kelma was going to be an international superstar. He has been rubbish. He may kick on at Manly but they are pretty well stocked for forwards.

I thought To'a has shown some strong enough momnet to be a first grader in this rubbish field. Daine is struggling well but not an elite FB.

The player I’ve been most impressed with this year is Joffa, and I hope he is able to see what the club is trying to achieve and strive toward with it’s future and sticks around for the long hall.

Agreed

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@helmesy yeah can someone explain why its ok for them to lay on us for every single tackle and we have to jump off them like its  OZ Tag !!?? The corruption in this comp is so obvious now. THIS  GAME ! THE NRL MAKES LESS AND LESS SENSE EACH YEAR. 

I really dont want to watch this shite anymore.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Notherloss

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Ive had it with the refs dismissing anything that goes against us. Other team tackled our wingers in the act of catching a bomb atleast 5 times and nothing, every 50/50 goes the other way... can someone seriously say im mad ? Because its OBVIOUS !!!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @notherloss

Ive had it with the refs dismissing anything that goes against us. Other team tackled our wingers in the act of catching a bomb atleast 5 times and nothing, every  50/50 goes the other way... can someone seriously say im mad ? Because its OBVIOUS !!!

Nothing is going to happen until one of our coaches has some balls to stand up for the team. We just seem to lay down and let the nrl run us into the ground. It maybe too late now to stand up for ourselves aswell. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

yeah can someone explain why its ok for them to lay on us for every single tackle and we have to jump off them like its  OZ Tag !!?? The corruption in this comp is so obvious now. THIS  GAME ! THE NRL MAKES LESS AND LESS SENSE EACH YEAR. 

I really dont want to watch this anymore.

Very passionate but I'd calm down a bit or you'll get yourself banned.

Here's the thing, we picked a lightweight pack who couldn't break the line. This results in dominant tackles and the refs allow some additional wrestle. This means slow play the balls which allow the defence to get back onside and maintain good line speed resulting in... more dominant tackles.

This adds enormous pressure on our kickers which results in little gain of ground and we end up starting sets 10 metres from our line. Hasting, Brooks and AD all got crowded because the opposition line was on top of them as they received the ball. AD shanked a couple due to pressure.

Bottom line is if you dominate the ruck - as we've done in a few halves this year - the calls will suddenly turn your way. It's no secret teams being dominated get six again and penalties against because they're constantly trying to catch up to the speed of the game. 

We need a MUCH stronger pack. Right now we're very light on with forwards and the rest of the season is going to be a punish for fans.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Swearing is not allowed on this forum, a lot of words we let slide but I just had to edit a number of posts. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @loganr21

Ive had it with the refs dismissing anything that goes against us. Other team tackled our wingers in the act of catching a bomb atleast 5 times and nothing, every  50/50 goes the other way... can someone seriously say im mad ? Because its OBVIOUS !!!

Nothing is going to happen until one of our coaches has some balls to stand up for the team. We just seem to lay down and let the nrl run us into the ground. It maybe too late now to stand up for ourselves aswell. 

I agree we are getting the rough end of the stick too often and the poor state of refereeing is damaging the product more broadly. However I don't think we've earned the right to complain to the NRL about it. We continue to play poorly and as we aren't influential we don't have a 'voice'. Trent Robinson and the Roosters are influential and he did a great job explaining his concerns after the Penrith game. Annesly made a rare concession in response. All we can do is try to manage the referees 'on field' but our captains are too passive. We need to do what Tedesco did last week with Sutton.       

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Hastings looks lost out there. Not the player we thought he’d be.

There must be a reason for this mate. He was going really well for a while there... injured? Different instructions? 

Players don't just lose their ability overnight.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @mac_tiger
Posted by: @loganr21

I agree we are getting the rough end of the stick too often and the poor state of refereeing is damaging the product more broadly. However I don't think we've earned the right to complain to the NRL about it. We continue to play poorly and as we aren't influential we don't have a 'voice'. Trent Robinson and the Roosters are influential and he did a great job explaining his concerns after the Penrith game. Annesly made a rare concession in response. All we can do is try to manage the referees 'on field' but our captains are too passive. We need to do what Tedesco did last week with Sutton.       

I too think we get the rough end of the stick but we are not alone. I’ve seen howlers in many games.  The problem I think is that the refs get over coached. They have too much external stuff to worry about, bunker in their ears, KPI’s, what their hair looks like on tv, etc etc. They should just go out and ref the game, probably make less mistakes.

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @barra

There must be a reason for this mate. He was going really well for a while there... injured? Different instructions? 

Hastings is a good solid player but is a little one dimensional and lacks pace. The other reason is that our attack is predictable, we don’t have players in motion and because we are forever returning the ball from deep in our half,, our plays are structured one out hit ups. 

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie
Posted by: @barra

Hastings is a good solid player but is a little one dimensional and lacks pace. The other reason is that our attack is predictable, we don’t have players in motion and because we are forever returning the ball from deep in our half,, our plays are structured one out hit ups. 

I only caught a full replay of the Warriors game last night. We weren't as bad as I was expecting and I thought the Warriors were actually very good. They had a simple plan that they executed very well.
We were totally out-enthused which was our biggest issue (apart from Joe O - now if everyone put in like he did we'd have competed better). And we had to defend so much the boys didn't offer much at all in attack - as you mention very few players in motion, etc.

Apart from when he got caught from behind from a marker, Hastings wasn't terrible. Actually I didn't think anyone was terrible per se, we just weren't good enough.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: