Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Sharks Rd22 *Spoilers

(@wollongongtiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@declan agreed. How can you blame the halves when your forward pack has ran backwards for 80 minutes. 

Douhei is a future captain. Can't believe some of the comments the past two weeks. 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast doesn't get reciprocated when some play in this side.

Not a fan of douhie at 6would prefer his as a centre like you and others are not a fan of Brooks at 7 that is called an opinion. 

From the last 2 games it is clear Hastings is the priority Signing 

I prefer to judge performances and get frustrated when people can't accept their favourite player has played poorly.

I don't criticise players for no reason, but if they're poor I'll say so, same as if they're good.

ReplyQuote
(@gcfan)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@eastiemagpie yep must be Madge’s fault!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I thought we were pretty ordinary across the board today. In saying that, Cronulla in another class.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

no Hastings and no he who can't be named ... both badly missed 

Laurie played well 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Laurie Pole and Joe tried hard, Maybe Naden but a few bad mistakes but apart from them we were atrocious 

ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

That was a pretty depressing first half. Absolutely towelled up in the middle. Got nothing from our starting props. The bench rotation steadied things a little. 

While Cronulla hardly bothered in the second half, there was at least some effort, if not execution. We scored one try, bombed two and got stiffed by the bunker for one. 

Tamou is done as a starting prop. Musgrove continues to be inconsistent. Joe O puts in every week, but his attempts at link play tonight were inept. He’s not a lock. We wasted Pole on defence trying to stem the tide in the first half. Tuilagi was back to his old ways. 

And after Seyfarth did a lot to tighten our edge defence, he gets dropped. 

We’re no clearer about what to do with the halves. In attack, Madden was competent, Doueihi is really only  threatening when he runs. Playing outside him in attack is a lonely job. 

Laurie’s late season form is good, and should settle the issue - he deserves to be re-signed. 

Koroisau and Papalii are great additions. Stefano should be back. But our middle and edge forward depth is thin. It’s going to take some time to build a consistent and competitive team. 

LoganR21, Eastiemagpie, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

we are in trouble Titans probably have a easier run home than us 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Were we significantly outclassed. Sharks are a good side, we are not. They pumped our middle badly first half.

For me there were some positives. We didnt throw the towel in. We kept turning up in that second half.

For mine Laurie had a great game.

Naden is possibly my new favourite player. Some bad errors but how long since we have had that level of effort and pace. He seriously had a crack and it looks like it means something to him. Glad we have extended him. (Hated him at Panthers).

Kepaoa and Roberts had some brief moments.

OK, let me start by saying no halves can play well when the pack is getting pushed back, but our halves were next level useless today. Even when we had some brief moments where we pushed through the line, Madden and Doueihi were nowhere to be seen. Madden made a few good tackles and missed a few. Doueihi is a myth.

Joffa is a treasure that we should cherish the way he consistently puts in. I really hope we can extend him.

Im back to packing Kelma's bags for Manly, Garner played well.

Starting props dont have it in them. Pole was great.

Brown tries hard.

Peachey should never play for us again.

Dias and Fairbairn are reserve graders who looked like they appreciate their crack at 1st grade and tried hard accordingly. They are still reserve graders.

TBH, Im impressed, grateful and surprised that it doesnt look like they have completely chucked it in.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@tiger5150 to be honest I’m a little worried about our halves next year. I’m starting to agree that AD isn’t a 6. Brooks is absolutely useless and Madden isn’t up to it. Hastings has to be at 7 and we need to try and find a 6 somewhere. Hopefully Sheens has a target.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Were we significantly outclassed. Sharks are a good side, we are not. They pumped our middle badly first half.

For me there were some positives. We didnt throw the towel in. We kept turning up in that second half.

For mine Laurie had a great game.

Naden is possibly my new favourite player. Some bad errors but how long since we have had that level of effort and pace. He seriously had a crack and it looks like it means something to him. Glad we have extended him. (Hated him at Panthers).

Kepaoa and Roberts had some brief moments.

OK, let me start by saying no halves can play well when the pack is getting pushed back, but our halves were next level useless today. Even when we had some brief moments where we pushed through the line, Madden and Doueihi were nowhere to be seen. Madden made a few good tackles and missed a few. Doueihi is a myth.

Joffa is a treasure that we should cherish the way he consistently puts in. I really hope we can extend him.

Im back to packing Kelma's bags for Manly, Garner played well.

Starting props dont have it in them. Pole was great.

Brown tries hard.

Peachey should never play for us again.

Dias and Fairbairn are reserve graders who looked like they appreciate their crack at 1st grade and tried hard accordingly. They are still reserve graders.

I agree with everything - pretty much word for word.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Just quick thoughts from the ground. Laurie played well, 1 dropped ball.

Poor game from Doueihi, he does things ie kick when no one is expecting it. Needs to communicate better on the field. I was always told never chip kick from your own half. 

Nu Brown is a hog.

Roberts gave it a crack.

AJ average to poor game.

Naden scored a good try, the officials are killing the game. First set after Cronulla dummy half runs behind his player, zip, nothing, nadda said.

Forwards were basically missing in action. Don’t know what the stats are but I bet they are not good.

To’a had a poor game.

Madden tried hard but was swamped by the opposition forwards as he’s receiving the ball. No room. 

Opposition seems to be allowed more time to hold us down. I counted up to 4 seconds. We hold down for 2 seconds, six again. Refs need to be consistent with both teams.

Bunker is still trying to ref the game, they are ruining it as a spectacle.

In the end result was about as I expected but to be honest the officials didn’t help.

Worst dive I’ve seen so far watching Rugby League. The guy should be playing soccer. Hope he had a good cry and feels better the baby.

Ben Cummins is a flog.

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 douhie at 6 is a no but at centre he has a place in the team, worked for Burton at origin and douhie can chime in with bombs when needed. 

if we lose Hastings we are in such bad shape he is the 13 we need

Brooks at 7 is a matter of price if we get him under 700k then you keep him. Some fans need to take the hate glasses off if he wants 900k then no thanks 

As for 6 maybe Dylan Brown or laurie or go to market for a 6 

1. Laurie can handle fb if he doesn't want to play 6, Kade Dykes was a big miss for us.  

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

1. Laurie can handle fb if he doesn't want to play 6,

Given our ladder circumstances, I think we lost an opportunity to try Laurie at 6 by letting Nofo go to Storm. He could have filled in at FB and given Laurie a chance at 6.

Time is getting away and we're not even sure what positions we need to fill.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 douhie at 6 is a no but at centre he has a place in the team, worked for Burton at origin and douhie can chime in with bombs when needed. 

if we lose Hastings we are in such bad shape he is the 13 we need

Brooks at 7 is a matter of price if we get him under 700k then you keep him. Some fans need to take the hate glasses off if he wants 900k then no thanks 

1. Laurie can handle fb if he doesn't want to play 6, Kade Dykes was a big miss for us.  

Doueihi looks a centre to me, and I think he's be dangerous there, but on both sides of the ball. Dangerous for us in defence.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share: