Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game Day Thread v Manly Rd 14 *spoilers

(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

What is the reason that our players are soft? Pascoe and Lee are the reason we are soft? What is the reason that our players are not as fit as our opposition and run out of puff EVERY second half? Pascoe & Lee?

I don't think our players are soft or unfit - they're not good enough. I don't blame Pascoe, Sheens, the chairman or the board for the how the players perform but I don't agree with their decision on the coach as I don't think it improves us.

The team is the issue.

I like Twal but he has zero impact in attack and cost us a try through the ruck today. Tamou played too many minutes in his first stint and was also responsible for a try. He struggles under fatigue, gives away penalties and moves like a container ship. Seyfarth is, at best, an average first grader who is often penalised.

Tuilagi has been ordinary since signing elsewhere. Liddle went well until he went off but can't play 80 minutes and Brooks isn't the answer. Madden was terrible today and I can't see him being part of a successful team. We badly miss Stefano. I don't mind Garner but as he's going it's a moot point.  Lucy has been disappointingly poor this year and completely stifles our right side attack.

We have too many holes in our roster and need a massive overhaul. Madge tried to do it but has been stifled by salary cap issues and exorbitant asking prices for has-been players.  It's good that Lucy, Tuilagi and Garner are going but I have no idea who's going to want to join a 'development' club destined for a few more years in the wilderness.

Trying to be positive, when our forwards were making metres our attack looked great and the spine of Liddle, Hastings, Brooks and Laurie actually made a lot of opportunities for Naden and Ken.

Joffa has been strong all year but can't be expected to play the minutes he does. Along with Laurie, the wingers have played well all year. I like Hastings with Brooks and we'll get Doueihi, Blore and Stefano back. Api and Papal'i add a lot but that's not even a full team.

My greatest concerns is we might lose some of our better players in the off season through discontent. Kimmorely talked about making it fun but right now I find it hard to see how they're turning up and enjoying this mess. 

I'm not against front office changes but I don't see it making changes to our on field performance. Pascoe has made us financially secure with the best membership figures ever - that's a good thing. I've never been impressed with the board and I don't think Lee knows his place for a football team. 

I'm concerned about Sheens, I have a feeling his management style is like his coaching style - ad lib without a particular plan in place.

A roster with Kepoa, Talau, Gildart, Roberts, Naden, Simpkins, Peachy, Musgrove, T'oa, Tupou and Twal is not inspiring and if that's our future we're in for many a long dark winter.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

lucky that I missed the game, seems like a replay of previous games. Same effort, same defensive issues, same outcome

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: