Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Knights rd21 *spoilers

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast no but pretty clear he is part of the solution along with Hastings. The dream of some to move Brooks on and stick with Madden well that surely has to be forgotten after today. 

As some have said on here the halves today couldn't have organised a fly to land on poop 

I happen to agree with you Jedi, but dont overcook it.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@jedi-tiger brooks isn’t an organiser, that’s why he was moved from 7. Tbh I don’t think Madden is the answer but I don’t think Brooks is either.

I’ll reserve my judgement on madden for another day, he’s got a few more chances in the coming weeks. But what is it that when we become favs to win a game we go gun shy. Was like they just met 10 minutes before the game. It seriously DOES MY HEAD IN!!!!

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Explain to me again slowly how Madden is the saviour of this team? I keep hearing give him time but I have seen enough. THere were many opportunities today and he kept passing to a player with a defender sweating on him, poor kicking. He is NOT the answer.

Adam Doueihi is a good player. Possibly the best centre we have had since Rowdy in his pomp. NOT a 5/8's bootlace.

Seriously, its the same EVERY week, but they are not Luke Brooks so ...play on.

The truth is, Hastings is our "organising half" no matter what number he has on his back and Brooks is the next best 6 or 7 in the club. Is that good enough going forward? Probably not, but Madden/Doueihi are not the answers.

Today they had a blank slate in front of them against one of the worst teams in the comp, who continually turned the ball over in good position. It was literally set up for somebody to step up and organise our attack into something meaningful. They failed. End of story, no more discussion.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@loganr21 we are such a wntally weak team always the same hey

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@jedi-tiger I simply just don’t get it! We’ve been mentally weak in 2014 but also now and many other years too. Could not believe my eyes today. The last two weeks I was proud to watch them. Today they really stunk!!

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 The problem is Douehi is dictating to the club what he wants this and that he is an average footy player hello !

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 The rub is Hastings is the driving force of the team simple .

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Explain to me again slowly how Madden is the saviour of this team? I keep hearing give him time but I have seen enough. THere were many opportunities today and he kept passing to a player with a defender sweating on him, poor kicking. He is NOT the answer.

Adam Doueihi is a good player. Possibly the best centre we have had since Rowdy in his pomp. NOT a 5/8's bootlace.

The truth is, Hastings is our "organising half" no matter what number he has on his back and Brooks is the next best 6 or 7 in the club. Is that good enough going forward? Probably not, but Madden/Doueihi are not the answers.

Today they had a blank slate in front of them against one of the worst teams in the comp, who continually turned the ball over in good position. It was literally set up for somebody to step up and organise our attack into something meaningful. They failed. End of story, no more discussion.

I agree with you, I think the combination of AD and Madden was woeful. I was convinced AD was going to turn into a quality 6 but now i'm not sure. It's still a 50/50 for mine. If Hastings is going to stay at 13 next year then the club needs to go to market urgently for a new 7, and possibly a 6. We will never play finals football with Brooks or Madden in the halves.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I thought Tamou and Joffa were really poor in defence today. For two blokes that are effectively off contract they are making the club's decision for 2023 very simple.

On one set in the first half, Tamou was backing off as the A defender (complete opposite of moving up) and Joffa was missing tackles at marker.

Really, really bad.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It was interesting in the Nine coverage that Freddy talked about warm ups. He made the point the Roosters and Melbourne do everything at 'game intensity' but the Tigers looked like they were jogging and lacked any sort of intensity.

It's hard to believe that doesn't reflect on how we start the game - and that's often an indicator of how we play for 80 minutes. Hastings absence may have contributed because he definitely drives a lot of the motivation.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

That reads exactly how I see Brooks!

But the question is who the hell do we try to contract?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Another ordinary effort. We looked asleep in the first half, Newcastle kept us in the game with their errors. Second half not much better. We just don’t have it with the mental side of the game. Instead of employing three coaches next year perhaps we can employ a psychologist or three.

Agree Eastie, let's hope that Sheens and Benji can get this mob 'up' for a game at Campbelltown - no other coach has been able to do it!

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @barra

That reads exactly how I see Brooks!

But the question is who the hell do we try to contract?

Brooks or better is my mantra. Madden is not better so I dont see the point in tying a contract up with him.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

I don’t think we can chuck heat at AD in attack . I thought his kicking was threatening especially in the 2nd half , I thought his running game was threatening . I thought he was there at at least 3 key moments ,but didn’t execute . So he was always in the game. Which is what you want from a 6 . 
I don’t think Naden is a winger . I thought Toa at times is really poor defensively and doesn’t command the same attention that naden does in the centres , creating space by just being a potential threat . 
ithought AJ played well with limited opportunities . 
Laurie is at times lacking a sense of urgency at fullback . He gets trapped at marker way too often , which I understand is the way we defend close to the line . But he too often peels extremely late , and with Hastings or brooks not on the field , there’s guys out there who can’t anticipate where the threat comes from to cover up this mistake . So we are constantly giving away repeated sets or tries off grubbers. 
This strategy works defensively , because guys like Slater , Tedesco  are energiser bunnies and moving constantly. 

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

That douehi hype. All show, he needs a hastings to do the crap work. 

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: