Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Broncos Rd20 *Spoilers

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@loganr21 Luke will be back soon don't worry πŸ™‚

I hope he plays in the final round and gets his swansong.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

jock is from scone and went to school in Maitland maybe Joey might bring him homeΒ 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

jock is from scone and went to school in Maitland maybe Joey might bring him homeΒ 

Yeah, our second halfback from Scone, really crucial time in his career and I think his last 2 performances should ensure he has an NRL deal next year.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mike

Hastings out for the rest of the season. Broken Leg.Β 

Carrigan should go for an extended period. Classic hip drop - real dog of a tackle.

LoganR21, Garry, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast shocking tackle he should get 3 or 4 weeks

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Yeah that’s different from saying he could have cost us the game. There were multiple mistakes made by a few different players in the first half so I’m not sure why AD is being singled out.

I’m reallly struggling to understand the dislike for him on here, in my opinon has the potential to be one is the best 5/8ths in the NR

If you don't believe mistakes cost games I cite the Titans game (Madden didn't ground the ball and conceded a try) and the game where Laurie dropped it over the line (we would have won). The vast majority of points against us (and other teams) come from... Β mistakes.

Most on here agree with my assessment of his first half (poor). They also agree with my assessment of his second half (very good). I'm satisfied I'm being reasonable.

He's light years from being the best 6 in the game but he's already one of the better centres.Β 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

That is terrible news. It certainly didn't look good.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Can add the peach to that list. Poor dummy half work early on but made good yardage with his runs. Solid D as well.Β 

Agreed. He was very ordinary at dummy half - his passing game is poor - but when he started to run a bit in the second half he was much better.

If he lost 10kg he'd be better again.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Yeah that’s different from saying he could have cost us the game. There were multiple mistakes made by a few different players in the first half so I’m not sure why AD is being singled out.

I’m reallly struggling to understand the dislike for him on here, in my opinon has the potential to be one is the best 5/8ths in the NR

If you don't believe mistakes cost games I cite the Titans game (Madden didn't ground the ball and conceded a try) and the game where Laurie dropped it over the line (we would have won). The vast majority of points against us (and other teams) come from... Β mistakes.

Most on here agree with my assessment of his first half (poor). They also agree with my assessment of his second half (very good). I'm satisfied I'm being reasonable.

He's light years from being the best 6 in the game but he's already one of the better centres.Β 

None of the incidents you have mentioned bear any relation to anything AD did or didn’t do in the first half last night but you carry on with your agenda.

Moving your most influential player out to the centres where he would touch the ball a fraction of the time would be one of the Tigers worst decisions in recent years, and that’s saying something.

Thankfully the club management disagree with you so you, and others who dislike him, should get used to AD at 6 for a very long time.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

but you carry on with your agenda

You're beyond reason. Life's too short.

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Yeah, our second halfback from Scone, really crucial time in his career and I think his last 2 performances should ensure he has an NRL deal next year.

Who was the other one? As a side note my local team was the Aberdeen tigers so I may need to change my assessment of madden based on this…

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Two in a row !

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

I disagree completelyΒ 

His second half performance swung the game in our favour.

The Fox panel after the game were signing his praises.

The joys of a free society is we can disagree.

His first half could have cost us the game. I've not read one comment saying he played well for the first 40 minutes and I re-iterate you can't be sensational playing poorly for half the game.

I prefer to make my own assessments rather than rely on Fox - for any thing on any subject.

Yeah youre entitled to your opinion but the fact you think AD could have cost us the game in the first half shows clearly that it’s clearly not an objective opinion.

It’s simply an example of confirmation bias, you see what you want to see to validate your position,

Β 

Β 

AD could have cost us the game in the first half, thing is he contributed greatly to us winning it in the second.

I must have missed him getting sin binned then because I can’t see any other way he could have cost us the game with anything he did in the first half.

Β 

Two dropped balls and a forward pass early in the count......kicking on the first.

Β 

4 times he turned the ball over to Brisbane early in the count.

Β 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

That is terrible news. It certainly didn't look good.

Not good at all. I hope he is ok and has a quick recovery.Β 

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Adam Douehi sensational tonight and an inspiration.Β 

I don't want to sound like I'm singling him out but his first half was terrible.

His second half, like last week, was very good. You can't be sensational playing poorly for 40 minutes.

I almost lost my mind at the Benji-style kick on the first.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 22 / 23
Share: