Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Broncos Rd20 *Spoilers

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @mike

The Brooks lovers are oblivious to his faults. 

Did Luke Brooks play tonight? Didnt see him at all.

No but the Brooks lovers are trying to put players down that are playing well in his position. Just like they did when Hastings was playing halfback. 

Madden is a traditional “organising halfback” (Kimmorley quote) and Brooks isn’t, period. My mind is made up. There is far more upside for the squad with Madden as halfback. 

The team doesn’t lose anything with Madden playing halfback but gains a plenty with his ability to organise the team and his footy smarts. Given the number of NRL games he has played there is much more upside long term for Madden. 

I can see us winning a comp with Madden as halfback. 

Serious question, same as I asked Snake. What did you see Madden do that suggests he is an “organising halfback “?

hastings is organising 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I disagree completely 

His second half performance swung the game in our favour.

The Fox panel after the game were signing his praises.

The joys of a free society is we can disagree.

His first half could have cost us the game. I've not read one comment saying he played well for the first 40 minutes and I re-iterate you can't be sensational playing poorly for half the game.

I prefer to make my own assessments rather than rely on Fox - for any thing on any subject.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@snake I think Brooks best game all year was last week. 

if Brooks was off contract 2022 like Madden then I get sign Madden. Given Brooks has 2023 to play out your are paying Brooks salary 500k to play elsewhere plus maddens say 250k. 

It could be north of 750k to play Madden for 2023 that is not good cap management. 

What happens if we let Madden go then Brooks decides not to re-sign aren’t the club going to be up for a million anyway. 
 Not saying Brooks should be let go or kept just asking the question 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Adam Douehi sensational tonight and an inspiration. 

I don't want to sound like I'm singling him out but his first half was terrible.

His second half, like last week, was very good. You can't be sensational playing poorly for 40 minutes.

I disagree completely 

I agree, AD was poor in the first half but changed the game in the second half. His game awareness will improve as he plays more matches.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think it is incredible that we play our best game of the season, beat a top 4 team and the majority of the live game thread is about a bloke not even in the squad 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I disagree completely 

His first half could have cost us the game. I've not read one comment saying he played well for the first 40 minutes and I re-iterate you can't be sensational playing poorly for half the game.

I prefer to make my own assessments rather than rely on Fox - for any thing on any subject.

Yeah youre entitled to your opinion but the fact you think AD could have cost us the game in the first half shows clearly that it’s clearly not an objective opinion.

It’s simply an example of confirmation bias, you see what you want to see to validate your position,

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I think it is incredible that we play our best game of the season, beat a top 4 team and the majority of the live game thread is about a bloke not even in the squad 

100% correct. We should be talking about how Musgrove fired up, Pole sensational of the bench, Kelma back in form, Daine great under the high ball, Ken running the ball with venom, I could go on.

Tiger5150, LoganR21, Peter A and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yeah youre entitled to your opinion

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I’ve missed this winning feeling, still pumped.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I disagree completely 

Yeah youre entitled to your opinion but the fact you think AD could have cost us the game in the first half shows clearly that it’s clearly not an objective opinion.

It’s simply an example of confirmation bias, you see what you want to see to validate your position,

AD could have cost us the game in the first half, thing is he contributed greatly to us winning it in the second.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

100% correct. We should be talking about how Musgrove fired up, Pole sensational of the bench, Kelma back in form, Daine great under the high ball, Ken running the ball with venom, I could go on.

Musgrove was another that had a poor first half but really turned it around in the second.

Tiger5150, Joel Helmes, voice_of_reason and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I’ve missed this winning feeling, still pumped.

Me too

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

I disagree completely 

AD could have cost us the game in the first half, thing is he contributed greatly to us winning it in the second.

I must have missed him getting sin binned then because I can’t see any other way he could have cost us the game with anything he did in the first half.

ReplyQuote
Tigerstu
(@tigerstu)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @frullens

We have one - he just wears 13 instead of 7

Correct. If Hastings and Doueihi were excelling at 7 and 6 I doubt people would be calling for Madden to play half.

It seems more an anti-Brooks sentiment than pro-Madden. I believe Madden's a decent player, but I don't believe he's our best half.

It's about being future focused and proactive. Madden has the speed, the ball skills, organisational skills and respect. He'll build in defence. Remember how poor Benji was in defence in the early years? 

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @garry

Musgrove was another that had a poor first half but really turned it around in the second.

Can add the peach to that list. Poor dummy half work early on but made good yardage with his runs. Solid D as well. 

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 23
Share: