Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Broncos Rd20 *Spoilers

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

it’s obvious sheens etc wants brooks to stay. The same as every coach over the last 10 years. It’s not so much about 2023, but 2024 and beyond. If brooks wants to be a 650k halfback for a few years then great. But he should not be in our top 3 highest paid players. And if he wants to be begins 2023 then goodbye, sell him to the knights and play madden

This.

Would LOVE Brooks to do what Chris Lawrence did and renegotiate his final contract year for a decent extension.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@snake I think Brooks best game all year was last week. 

if Brooks was off contract 2022 like Madden then I get sign Madden. Given Brooks has 2023 to play out your are paying Brooks salary 500k to play elsewhere plus maddens say 250k. 

It could be north of 750k to play Madden for 2023 that is not good cap management. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 hope Brooks does renegotiate a lower deal to finish his career here, I think he will under Sheens and benji 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger Personally that would be the worse outcome for the club … the No7 needs a new dynamic but that’s my thinking , time for Luke to find a new home .

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Adam Douehi sensational tonight and an inspiration. 

I don't want to sound like I'm singling him out but his first half was terrible.

His second half, like last week, was very good. You can't be sensational playing poorly for 40 minutes.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

I don't want to sound like I'm singling him out but his first half was terrible.

His second half, like last week, was very good. You can't be sensational playing poorly for 40 minutes.

It was a really bad 1st half.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

How much of Brooks salary will we be paying next year? If we keep Madden and pay someone else to take Brooks, chances are we will be paying around the same for the one player.

A point often overlooked.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mike

The Brooks lovers are oblivious to his faults. 

Did Luke Brooks play tonight? Didnt see him at all.

No but the Brooks lovers are trying to put players down that are playing well in his position. Just like they did when Hastings was playing halfback. 

Madden is a traditional “organising halfback” (Kimmorley quote) and Brooks isn’t, period. My mind is made up. There is far more upside for the squad with Madden as halfback. 

The team doesn’t lose anything with Madden playing halfback but gains a plenty with his ability to organise the team and his footy smarts. Given the number of NRL games he has played there is much more upside long term for Madden. 

I can see us winning a comp with Madden as halfback. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It becomes so evident the more Doueihi and Hastings play,the greater the imperative to lock them up as long term Tigers entities.They both possess so much determination,resilience and never say die attitude quite apart from their footballing abilitiesThe pair are so mentally composed and able to brush aside adversity without dwelling on it.They’re such positive  attributes when building a side.Lock em up Mr Sheens.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Yeah poor first half, trying to do too much. Second half was classic Doueihi. 

LoganR21 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

it’s obvious sheens etc wants brooks to stay. The same as every coach over the last 10 years. It’s not so much about 2023, but 2024 and beyond. If brooks wants to be a 650k halfback for a few years then great. But he should not be in our top 3 highest paid players. And if he wants to be begins 2023 then goodbye, sell him to the knights and play madden

This.

Would LOVE Brooks to do what Chris Lawrence did and renegotiate his final contract year for a decent extension.

Except Lawrence called for his contract renewal the week of our must win game to make the finals 

Top 8 2023

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike thankfully Sheens probably doesn't agree with you. There is a reason Newcastle were pushing hard for brooks as good halbacks are hard to find. Newcastle as an example could have picked up Madden this year,so could dolphins. They have not and neither have we yet.

2023 you keep Brooks and unfortunately lose madden

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

The team doesn’t lose anything with Madden playing halfback

I can see us winning a comp with Madden as halfback. 

He's defensively inferior to any other halfback option we have. That's a significant loss.

I can't.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@mike thankfully Sheens probably doesn't agree with you. There is a reason Newcastle were pushing hard for brooks as good halbacks are hard to find. Newcastle as an example could have picked up Madden this year,so could dolphins. They have not and neither have we yet.

2023 you keep Brooks and unfortunately lose madden

Hope Brooks goes to Newcastle/Dogs/Storm/Panthers anybody to be honest. Won’t be missed at all. 

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 23
Share: