Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Broncos Rd20 *Spoilers

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigerstu think Brooks improves the team overall more than Madden but Madden attacked very well. 

if Newcastle take Brooks then I guess he is it, maybe Newcastle make a play for Jock 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

AJ and To'a were impressive tonight. They've benefited from time in first grade, both looking more comfortable and their defence has improved markedly.

Kelma the past two weeks has been great - he seemed down on form but has run hard and performed well.

The biggest difference for me is Laurie getting more involved. I felt he'd been a bit lazy but his recent form has been excellent and his bomb diffusing is outstanding.

Hastings second most metres and second most tackles. Seyfarth topped the tackle count and was better than previous weeks.

I confess I was sceptical but Naden's been good for us.

The team has performed all year when we've keep errors and penalties down.

Tiger5150, Skippa13, Frullens and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerstu
(@tigerstu)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigerstu think Brooks improves the team overall more than Madden but Madden attacked very well. 

if Newcastle take Brooks then I guess he is it, maybe Newcastle make a play for Jock 

Couldn't disagree more. At his best Brooks might offer more, but we've seen over 10 seasons what he can contribute and the answer is not much. Maden is young and has so much potential, he can be a huge part of the growth and change in this club and its successful future. Brooks is in every way a step sideways or backwards. He's not a bad player, a nice guy, but not the one to be a part of our clubs future. 

LoganR21 and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I'm a Madden supporter - and he had another good game tonight. 

Didn't defend well on the line,  but scored a great try.  Has some spark we need to compliment AD and Hastings 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigerstu that is why Newcastle are trying for an established half like Brooks. He offers plenty and his speed compliments Hastings and douhie 

But some blame Brooks for every loss so he can't win guess 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Offer Kelma a contract  . Rumour he has not signed with Manly !

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Pretty hard to criticise anyone tonight. Really great team performance. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

If you count last week as a win - we have won 5 games for the year and 4 have been against top 8 teams

Cowboys, Broncs, Parra, Souths

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Well done boys. Really impressed how they've fought these last few weeks and finally got the reward. Nice simple play tonight, mostly good decision making, lots of energy for 80 mins.  

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

very concerned about Jock Madden tonight, hope he has a blinder but I don't think he is first grade standard 

Might regret it but I think he plays well and it becomes evident we don’t need brooks. We trade out brooks over off season and we keep madden and put brooks money into going for a generational star

Bump

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigerstu It’s time Brooks moved on agree this is a new start for the team the old needs to be moved on including Noffo .

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Hastings going well at 13

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

LoganR21, Avo and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

AD basically playing as a centre in EVERY play

Fixed it for you

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Credit to Kevin Walters praising our game not saying it was their errors that cost the game. Tigers were the better team deserved the victory!

LoganR21, Tiger5150 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

AJ and To'a were impressive tonight. They've benefited from time in first grade, both looking more comfortable and their defence has improved markedly.

Kelma the past two weeks has been great - he seemed down on form but has run hard and performed well.

The biggest difference for me is Laurie getting more involved. I felt he'd been a bit lazy but his recent form has been excellent and his bomb diffusing is outstanding.

Hastings second most metres and second most tackles. Seyfarth topped the tackle count and was better than previous weeks.

I confess I was sceptical but Naden's been good for us.

The team has performed all year when we've keep errors and penalties down.

Great post

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 23
Share: