Live game day thread Round 9 v Manly

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we could buy Milford now I would for fb

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

Did Madge have a kitten in the post match presser ??

He should have.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @mike

Next question ...

Previous no try ...why look at it from that angle ...the goal line was the only angle to check that 

Bunker looks at different footage.

Has to be a tryline angle .....how many times do you have to check whether they are short or not ....if it was Manly I bet the angle appears ...the referreeing has been poor ......we haven't been much better though 

The thing is, the bunker may have looked at that angle.

Until they show the public how they came to the decision it didn’t happen. If they have a different angle then they need to show the public. Hiding behind we had a different angle leads to corruption. Yes I am say the bunker is corrupt. I don’t believe them at all. 

they showed the different angles when it first started but everyone complained.

They just need to show the one that they made the decision on. It can be quickly shown after the decision is made. The technology is there and easily implemented. Don’t care if they show others or not. 

That is up to the broadcaster though, I'm not sticking up for the bunker as I have made clear the changes I would make.

Then that needs to be part of any broadcasting agreement. The current process is not acceptable. 

What would you do where they are using 2 angles at the same time to make the decision?

Show both. It’s not hard, would take less than 15 sec to go through and explain their decision. The Bunker needs to be made accountable. 

The Bunker needs to have its involvement reduce.

Totally agree, the bunker should have much less involvement. The bunker should only be there to review captains challenges, the touch, try and the deadball lines, and foul play. None of this reviewing tries business after they have been scored. I’m still angry over the dragons try last week from dummy half where at the play the ball, the player made no effort to touch the ball with his feet but the try stood.

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we could buy Milford now I would for fb

Knights pretty sure

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Jacko helping to bring in the goal post pads

👏👏👏

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdP7GkuB03A/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Top 8 2023

Out_Psych and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am definitely in the minority here but I am at peace with todays loss. Despite the infuriating ref bias/incompetence and unlucky injuries, we managed to hang in the game and put together some very entertaining periods of plays (ie The garner sprint, the tunnel ball no try).

Someone mentioned it earlier in the post, but after following this team for 30+ years I agree with them that I have become accustomed to losing. Which is why I feel qualified to say that I can watch a game like today and last week and still find some enjoyment from watching the team compete and lose. What I can’t do much more of is watch games like rd2 Newcastle, last round last year against bulldogs or the storm point-a-minute thrashing, where there is no heart. We’re going to lose more than we win this year, best adjust your expectations and get enjoyment out of your investment, rather than become constantly negative and enraged otherwise they’ll break you like they did to Joel (jokes) 😉

Roachy, Joel Helmes, 4jtigers and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @frullens

Jacko helping to bring in the goal post pads

👏👏👏

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdP7GkuB03A/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Just slightly off topic…. But what are the socks Jacko and Luch wear??

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@out_psych)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lestronge I noticed that too. The six again that led to that try was ridiculous. Talau made a good run. Mikaele rolled off immediately and still got pinged for ruck interference. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @skippa13

I am definitely in the minority here but I am at peace with todays loss. Despite the infuriating ref bias/incompetence and unlucky injuries, we managed to hang in the game and put together some very entertaining periods of plays (ie The garner sprint, the tunnel ball no try).

Someone mentioned it earlier in the post, but after following this team for 30+ years I agree with them that I have become accustomed to losing. Which is why I feel qualified to say that I can watch a game like today and last week and still find some enjoyment from watching the team compete and lose. What I can’t do much more of is watch games like rd2 Newcastle, last round last year against bulldogs or the storm point-a-minute thrashing, where there is no heart. We’re going to lose more than we win this year, best adjust your expectations and get enjoyment out of your investment, rather than become constantly negative and enraged otherwise they’ll break you like they did to Joel (jokes) 😉

I know, it’s just hard to adjust those expectations and see a club I love so much have to settle like that. There’s always a bloody excuse instead of just getting the job done. I’m also pissed about the recruitment decisions we have made.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wollongongtiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My takeaways from the game. 

AJ isn’t a winger. 
Toa isn’t a fullback. 
peachey should stay in the centres until Douhei and Talau are back. 
Gildart should be sent to RMC 

Hastings should be signed up a five year deal. Haven’t had a halfback like that since prince. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10
Share: