Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread Rd 25 v Raiders *Spoilers

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @notherloss

Fold this stupid team.

Yes yes yes please…. Give me back my winter weekends please!!!!

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @loganr21

Think Ken will be playing on the forwards next year 

With Sheens coaching you are probably right but IMO Ken is the best winger we have had since Tuiaki.

Mike and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @chook

Having to wait 20 minutes to get into the stadium was definitely a sign that bad things were to come. 

33rd minute I turned to my mate and said Musgrove or Peachey to get sinner binned this game. Can't believe it took so long for it to happen. 

At this stage I think Naden and Kapoa are our best two options at centre. 

Looking forward to a hugely different starting 13 to roll out next year. 

I remember at the start of the year teams were targeting Dufty at the dogs when he was defending on the goal line. He let in a try a game for about a month. I feel the same is happening with Laurie. He has the talent and Sheen's made it work with a lightweight no.1.. guess we just have to watch this space.... 

Ps really enjoyed the last pod discussion with the top 5 reasons why we are where we are this year. 

Whether we reap the rewards next year for the decisions we made around sacking Madge, and letting go of Mikaele, Nofo, Luck etc, there is no doubt it absolutely derailed our season this year. 

It does my head in. I was always taught to stay behind and just inside the ball but it seems to be the modern way. I agree with you that if he defended behind the line he would have saved probably 5 tries this year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @frullens

Unfortunately this season has been the worst of our history by a long way - rock bottom.

I do have some hope for next year.

I dont.....

But I am really annoyed about how this year played out. Particularly that Sheens didn't step into the head coach role straight away, once he decided to be head coach.

Feels like he's disrespected our fans - serving up performances like today 

Im glad Sheens stayed away. I want him to concentrate on preparing for next year and not to contaminate next years squad with anything from this year. Right move IMO.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @frullens

Unfortunately this season has been the worst of our history by a long way - rock bottom.

I do have some hope for next year.

I dont.....

But I am really annoyed about how this year played out. Particularly that Sheens didn't step into the head coach role straight away, once he decided to be head coach.

Feels like he's disrespected our fans - serving up performances like today 

Im glad Sheens stayed away. I want him to concentrate on preparing for next year and not to contaminate next years squad with anything from this year. Right move IMO.

Next year is already stained with Sheens assuring the club got the Wooden Spoon in 2022. Sheens reputation is shot.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@tiger5150

Posted by: @tiger5150

I could possibly support that approach if they was some visible moves made for next season.

However, there's been no signing, resigning, or coaching announcements and November 1 is not far away.

Also, how is Sheens going to prepare for 2024 while coaching 2023? 

Top 8 2023

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

To be fair though what chance do we have when there is such a huge gap in talent with the teams now. Its getting sort of pointless.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Thought I might add this pic as a positive from yesterday on an otherwise horrible day.

302972304 867416547570226 5830513613914346162 n

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

LoganR21, Mike, Celtic_Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: